Gamertags

Discus and support Gamertags in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So, I wanted to see if a gamertag was taken or not so I checked and it belonged to someone. Their Gamerscore was only 275 and still had an Xbox 360... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by CosmicPuncake, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Gamertags

So, I wanted to see if a gamertag was taken or not so I checked and it belonged to someone. Their Gamerscore was only 275 and still had an Xbox 360 gamer picture and were labeled as offline so I assume they hadn't used the account in years. I wanted the
    Gamertag because it's my name for almost everything I use so it'd be nice to have. Is there any way to take the name?

:)

CosmicPuncake, Apr 18, 2019
  2. Stewtendo Win User

Screwed up on my gamertag

These are the steps in order to change your gamertag.

1 On your console, sign in using the Xbox LIVE gamertag

2 Go to Social, and then select your gamertag.

3 Select Change Gamertag.

4 Select Enter New Gamertag.

Once you enter or select a new gamertag, select Yes, use this gamertag.
  3. KindGryphon Win User

Gamertag change

The gamertag system doesnt recognize things such as spaces or capitalizations in gamertag as making it unique. For example the gamertag system would look at "Gamertag" and "GaMeR TaG" as being the same.

In this case the gamertag "BierBuikBarry" is already in use as the gamertag "BierBuik Barry" with a space which is why it says "BierBuikBarry" is already taken. You would have to wait for "BierBuik Barry" to be inactive on all Microsoft services with that
    gamertag for 5 years (starting in 2016) for the gamertag "BierBuik Barry" to be reset which would in turn free up the gamertag "BierBuikBarry" to be used. That would be the only way to get that gamertag.
  4. Desperado070-9D4B443 Win User

I changed my xbox live gamertag i uninstalled my account and i lost it.

sorry but i don't really understand the problem here.

you lost your gamertag while unstalling your profile.

but what do you want? your old gamertag back?

well if so i'm sorry but for that you gonna have to buy a gamertag change. here is how:

How to change your gamertag on the Xbox 360 console, you can easily change your Xbox Live gamertag. If your gamertag during your first log on to Xbox Live for you is made (in other words, if you haven't chosen your gamertag), you can change this gamertag
    once free. Additional changes of the Xbox Live gamertag cost extra. Your Xbox Live gamertag sign on your Xbox console with the Xbox Live gamertag that you want to change.

Go to Social, and then select your gamertag.

Select Change Gamertag.

Note the price of the change, and then do one of the following: Select Enter New Gamertag. If the gamertag entered is already in use, you will be prompted to try another gamertag.

Select Get Suggestions about possible gamertags.

After you have entered a new gamertag or chosen, select Yes, use this gamertag.

When you have your new gamertag confirms, the change is automatically anywhere on Xbox Live. You do not need to tell your friends that you have changed your gamertag: their friends lists are automatically updated.

Did you make a mistake when creating your gamertag?

If you make a mistake when creating your gamertag and you want to change it, then you need to buy a new gamertag. All purchases of gamertags must be performed using the dashboard and cost extra.
  5. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Gamertag was reported, no free change

As stated in the enforcement site:

"If you create an offensive or inappropriate Gamertag, it will be replaced with a new automatically-generated Gamertag

If a player is unhappy with the assigned Gamertag and wishes to change it, he or she may purchase a new Gamertag through the

standard Gamertag change process
    . "
  6. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Aa

If you create an offensive or inappropriate Gamertag, it will be replaced with a new automatically-generated Gamertag doesn't matter for how long you had it.

A forced Gamertag change now automatically assigns a new Gamertag to the account, much in the same way a system-generated Gamertag is provided when you first sign up for Xbox Live.

If a player is unhappy with the assigned Gamertag and wishes to change it, he or she may purchase a new Gamertag through the

standard Gamertag change process
Thema:

Gamertags

1. Gamertags - Similar Threads - Gamertags

2. Changing my gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changing my gamertag: Hello there, i don't know if i ask in the good place but i've got an issue with my Xbox acount : I'm trying to change my gamertag but the xbox live asks me my card number in U.S. the issue is i'm...
  3. Gamertag Error 80154303

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag Error 80154303: Okay so theres a literal ton of unique gamertags available right now but when i try and claim one it gives me the gamertag taken error code. Yes im aware this code means the gamertag taken except...
  4. Gamertag issues

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag issues: I would like to know why I cannot choose a gamertag that is not in use because it is attached to an “archived” account. And if there is a process to unlock a gamertag not in use by a former...
  5. Inactive Gamertag reset. Old xbox 360 account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Inactive Gamertag reset. Old xbox 360 account.: Can you pls give me the gamertag " Xuu " because the acc is for a long time inactive. I really want the gamertag and I think a live supporter created the ticket [mod removed] for me....
  6. Gamertag Change Invalid Charge

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag Change Invalid Charge: So, apparently, years ago (when Windows 10 first came out--and perhaps even before that), I created a "Microsoft" account--Perhaps it was when I bought a Zune for my wife (2 months before...
  7. Gamertag Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag Issue: Sup everyone, I've wanted my gamertag changed to a certain name, but it was always in use. I literally just checked since ages and It says that no one with that gamertag exists now. But then...
  8. Xbox gamertag

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox gamertag: Hej Vad är ett Xbox gamertag? [Translation- Hello What is an Xbox Gamertag?] 4d060643-386e-4780-b177-8b33ca4e62ae
  9. Change gamertag issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change gamertag issue: I would like to make a petition, I want to change my gamertag but the one that I want it's not available because it was used by someone who's inactive. This profile doesn't have any achievements...
  10. Change Gamertag <fixed>

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change Gamertag <fixed>: Trying to change my gamertag. My desired gamertag says its is available but when I click "Claim It" I get an error that says to contact support. But when I click contact support it says Xbox...