Games and Apps: Hunt Showdown trial not working

Discus and support Games and Apps: Hunt Showdown trial not working in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have installed a trial of a game called Hunt: Showdown but when I try and start it a pop up appears saying that I don't own the game even though I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by shadowgate0321, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Games and Apps: Hunt Showdown trial not working

I have installed a trial of a game called Hunt: Showdown but when I try and start it a pop up appears saying that I don't own the game even though I haven't played it yet. I have tried to reset and reinstall the game but no luck. Please help/give me some
    pointers.

Thanks

:)

shadowgate0321, Sep 2, 2019
  2. shadowgate0321 Win User

Hi ,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to help troubleshoot the issue. Just keep in mind that this game is still a work in progress for Xbox and the trial very well may not be working.

Go ahead and do a hard restart and power cycle. Hold down
    the power button on the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down and then remove the power cable from the Xbox and the power outlet for about 2-3 minutes. Then re-connect and turn on the Xbox.

If that doesn't help then you will need to try out a soft factory reset.

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select System > Settings > System > Console info.
    3. Select Reset console.
    Make sure to select "Keep my games & apps" and have the correct account login information plus your Wi-Fi password ready if you connect wireless because you will need to re-add the account's that were on the Xbox and re-connect to your
    network during the reset.

Let us know if this helps!
    Thanks for getting back to me. However I have tried to reset my xbox already and this hasn't worked. My friend has also installed the trial and it works fine for him
  3. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi shadowgate0321,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to help troubleshoot the issue. Just keep in mind that this game is still a work in progress for Xbox and the trial very well may not be working.

Go ahead and do a hard restart and power cycle. Hold down
    the power button on the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down and then remove the power cable from the Xbox and the power outlet for about 2-3 minutes. Then re-connect and turn on the Xbox.

If that doesn't help then you will need to try out a soft factory reset.

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select System > Settings > System > Console info.
    3. Select Reset console.
    Make sure to select "Keep my games & apps" and have the correct account login information plus your Wi-Fi password ready if you connect wireless because you will need to re-add the account's that were on the Xbox and re-connect to your
    network during the reset.

Let us know if this helps!
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi shadowgate0321,

Thank you for the update. It seems like it could be account related then with some issue relating to the trial license that was redeemed to your account when you first got it.

Do you happen to have another Xbox Live account to try besides the one you are using? This will help verify that it indeed is an account issue.
  5. shadowgate0321 Win User

Hi ,

Uninstall the game and then restart your console. Search for the game in the store, does it say "You have a trial for this game" with a check mark? If it does try installing it again from the Store, not my games & apps.

Did you power cycle your Xbox as well? Have you tried using a different account?

We'll be looking forward to hearing back from you!
    Yeah I've tried that too. Still doesn't work and it says I own the trial on the store. Have tried both my games and apps and the store and no luck
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi shadowgate0321,

Uninstall the game and then restart your console. Search for the game in the store, does it say "You have a trial for this game" with a check mark? If it does try installing it again from the Store, not my games & apps.

Did you power cycle your Xbox as well? Have you tried using a different account?

We'll be looking forward to hearing back from you!
Thema:

1. Games and Apps: Hunt Showdown trial not working - Similar Threads - Games Apps Hunt

2. Win10 Xbox App unable to install or uninstall certain games

in XBoX on Windows
    Win10 Xbox App unable to install or uninstall certain games: So an issue I encountered today. I try to launch Gears 5 on my system to find that a certain descriptor file does not exist and it wont launch. I go through the motions of rebooting and checking...
  3. NONE of the XBOX PC Apps are working correctly after buying the Game Pass

in XBoX on Windows
    NONE of the XBOX PC Apps are working correctly after buying the Game Pass: Last night I bought the game pass on my PC. Immediately after doing so, the Xbox Companion App gave me error (0x409) 0x80131501, The Xbox (Beta) App won't load past the Xbox symbol, and the...
  4. Transferring apps/games from Xbox to Xbox One X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Transferring apps/games from Xbox to Xbox One X: I recently purchased Xbox One X to upgrade/replace my old Xbox. Without first browsing for instruction, I turned on the new Xbox One and started to recreate my account using my email and password...
  5. admin approval for downloading games xbox beta app pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    admin approval for downloading games xbox beta app pc: Hello, I have been trying to download games from the xbox pc app but it stops the download and asks for admin approval - there is only one account on my pc and thats mine and I'v tried every way...
  6. Controller inputs not processing in game through companion app

in XBoX on Windows
    Controller inputs not processing in game through companion app: Had this issue beforehand, and was fixed by updating windows the other day. Now I’m having the same issue, where my controller works fine in the menus but not on the disc i am using. I’m connected...
  7. Xbox app + Game Bar Not working

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app + Game Bar Not working: When I try to log in on windows 10 I keep getting the error code 0x80860010 I put it into the error search and nothing came up, please Help d7dd66fd-311c-4715-b3b5-2dad173e2081
  8. game pass app remote installation not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    game pass app remote installation not working: I setup the allow remote installation, I change my setting for my home xbox and I set the power mode to instant on. when I try to download from the app it tell me to select your default x box but...
  9. Corrupted game & app files on profile

in XBoX Accessibility
    Corrupted game & app files on profile: This problem has cost me several hours on the phone with Microsoft's oh-so-helpful xbox support with no answer. Im going to try to keep this as short as possible so bear with me. A few days ago...
  10. In-app purchase but I didn't receive in game currency.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    In-app purchase but I didn't receive in game currency.: I've made an in-app purchase last week, but I didn't get the currency and items. The game was Asphalt 9: Legends. I already went to their Customer Care, they said I'm supposed to be here for this...