Games and Apps won't start on Xbox1S - what do I do??

Discus and support Games and Apps won't start on Xbox1S - what do I do?? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; To start off, I've never had an Xbox before so this is all a little new to me. I have a very good 2nd hand Xbox 1S that I got a few days ago and it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Renee Knezovich, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Games and Apps won't start on Xbox1S - what do I do??

To start off, I've never had an Xbox before so this is all a little new to me. I have a very good 2nd hand Xbox 1S that I got a few days ago and it runs very well except for this one issue. I have downloaded a bunch of games and apps (apps like Youtube, Twitch etc.) and have put them into 'groups' for easy access. However, unless the game or app is in the Home bar for recent activity, I can't start any of them!! Anytime I press 'A' to start Youtube (for example, but this is the same for all of them) it brings up a screen saying to either view in the store, manage or 'view in queue'! It's fully downloaded and I can only access it if it's at the top of the home page. I put all my games and apps into groups thinking that this would be easier to find them to start and play them... but that's kind of ruined if I can't actually START any of them! What's going on?? Is there another way to make it easier to find games and apps to start. The ones (like YouTube) are all fully downloaded so that shouldn't be an issue, but yet it keeps wanting me to go into the Microsoft Store or to look at the queue which has nothing in it because it's already downloaded!

:)

Renee Knezovich, Jun 9, 2021
  2. kurtroesler Win User

Pluto TV

How do I watch PLUTO TV ,on my XBOX1S? I've already downloaded the PLUTO TV app.

When click on RUN to start the app ,it takes me to the MICROSOFT STORE?

Do I download something from there to watch PLUTO TV?

I have pluto tv app installed on my phone, I thought I could just CAST PLUTO to my XBOX1S like Ido YOUTUBE everyday ???
  3. jaspertodd Win User

Start a petition to be able play old games on xbox one

I could careless about being able to play OLD 360 games on my Xbox1, what I wish they would do is let you have your arcade games ported over to the Xbox1.
  4. Stuart Fenton Win User

Microsoft: Xbox 360 will last till 2016, over 100 new games on the way

Good news, though i think the same way as most gamers out there and that is the majority of games coming out for the 360 will be out for the xbox1. And i dont think that until the game companies get to know how to unlease the full power of the xbox1, we
    won't see much of a difference between the two consoles.......yet.......but, they will in time.
  5. Shingotink Win User

BC - Rearmed 2 not showing in "Ready to Install"

Looks like I spoke too soon. After the game installed it still won't start, getting the "Do you own this game or app?" message.
  6. Sicfrog Win User

how to play old xbox games on the Xbox360

Alot of the older Xbox1 games will work on 360. (the more popular game selections that is)

What you CAN'T do however is play any of them online because all the xbox1 servers have been killed.
Thema:

Games and Apps won't start on Xbox1S - what do I do??

1. Games and Apps won't start on Xbox1S - what do I do?? - Similar Threads - Games Apps won't

2. Windows 10 Xbox App won't let me sign into my Gaming Account

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows 10 Xbox App won't let me sign into my Gaming Account: The Xbox app works fine, apart from the fact that it won't let me sign into my Gaming Account, so I can't play online games. Every time I try to sign in, the app opens a blank window, probably...
  3. Xbox App on Windows 10 won't let me download games or even shows my install path in settings

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App on Windows 10 won't let me download games or even shows my install path in settings: So over the past few weeks being able to install any games off of Gamepass through the Xbox app. I went into the settings after clearing the cache and stuff to see if that would help, but now it...
  4. Xbox app for PC won't let me select a drive to install a game

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app for PC won't let me select a drive to install a game: Greetings! I'm trying to download games through my son's xbox for PC account in his computer, but I can't install because the game won't let me select a drive to install the game: [img] How...
  5. Dead by Daylight won't launch(Xbox Gaming App on Windows 10)

in XBoX on Windows
    Dead by Daylight won't launch(Xbox Gaming App on Windows 10): On PC, through the XBOX(beta) app. Dead by Daylight gives me a launching error and won't launch into the game. Started yesterday. Never happened before, have played this game regularly for several...
  6. Xbox app won't download large games to my external hard drive

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app won't download large games to my external hard drive: The other day, I tried to open Halo: The Master Chief Collection for the first time, and every time I tried to open it, nothing would happen. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it but now it...
  7. Xbox app on PC won't recognize that I own the game pass while the microsoft store does...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app on PC won't recognize that I own the game pass while the microsoft store does...: I was looking to purchase the Game Pass for PC again when it said I had a payment overdue. I went to the Microsoft website to pay that off and after I did it it said my subscription ends on June...
  8. Xbox app in PC won't recognize game pass subscribtion?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app in PC won't recognize game pass subscribtion?: Hi. I just redeemed a game pass subscription to my Microsoft account, which is linked to a Xbox live account. When I try to install a game which is included in the game pass, the Xbox app on PC...
  9. Xbox App dependencies won't install, cannot install games either

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App dependencies won't install, cannot install games either: I keep getting the "This app needs a few things that are missing on this PC." message. Every time I go to install one of the dependencies, however, it seems to install it but it never does. I also...
  10. PC: Xbox and Microsoft Store App won't download Game Pass Games

in XBoX on Windows
    PC: Xbox and Microsoft Store App won't download Game Pass Games: For the pass 3 hours I have been trying to download 4 games onto my PC. One of those games is one that I already owned for a while. The other 3 were all games that I wanted to try from Game Pass...