Games & apps not working after factory reset

Discus and support Games & apps not working after factory reset in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Last night we were forced to do a factory reset on our Xbox One S due to the screen staying green & then going to black & staying that way. We did the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by KimSanders3, Oct 6, 2019.

1. KimSanders3
    KimSanders3 Guest

Last night we were forced to do a factory reset on our Xbox One S due to the screen staying green & then going to black & staying that way. We did the reset where you keep your games & apps. Got that to work, got our accounts restored on there, the games
    & apps show up but nothing will work. I click on games or apps like YouTube & nothing happens. We've done the cycle where you hold in the power button & unplug before restarting. Nothing works. Please help!

:)

KimSanders3, Oct 6, 2019
  2. PalmettoBling Win User

Were the titles installed on an external hard drive, or were they installed on the internal drive? When you factory reset, did you select to keep your games and apps?

I know you said you performed a full power cycle on the console already, but I would recommend trying that again, but this time, when it's powered down, also power cycle your router. If that doesn't help, next thing I'd try is to clear your Alternate MAC
    Address under Settings > Network > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate MAC > Clear and then restart the console again.

Let us know if that doesn't work, and we can provide some further troubleshooting steps.
  3. M3tal Daz3 Win User

It will be better if you perform a full factory reset and download your games and apps again. That might take care of any missing data.
  4. rake beam Win User

Nfl app and ESPN app not working

I uninstalled the apps and then after that did a factory reset and saved my game data apps.after the system was back up reinstalled both apps and they worked that should fix it.
  5. General Lee 17 Win User

Xbox One Media Remote Not Working

I had my Xbox One Media remote stop working for me after months of use. After talking to customer support. They told me to do a factory reset. There was an issue with the latest update. After the reset, it worked. Make sure to select the reset that
    keeps your games and apps.
  6. MetalG56 Win User

Black home page screen

I did a factory reset and chose to save game and app data. It worked for me. Just had to go through the setup process again after it
Thema:

1. Games & apps not working after factory reset - Similar Threads - Games apps working

2. Xbox app game stream mic not working

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app game stream mic not working: I am game streaming using the xbox app on pc. I turn mic on the top but still my mic won't work. If there's a fix please let me know. I've turned on the right mic in the xbox app settings....
  3. None disc games and apps not working on X Box One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    None disc games and apps not working on X Box One: Minecraft (non disc game) and all apps - Netflix, YOu Tube, Amazon Prime - will not open on our X Box 1. It gives an error code but this is not recognised when we put it in to search error codes...
  4. Surround sound not working on certain games on the Xbox (beta) app.

in XBoX on Windows
    Surround sound not working on certain games on the Xbox (beta) app.: Hey, so just today I installed the xbox (beta) app for Windows 10 and subscribed to Xbox game pass. However I've noticed that certain games simply won't have surround sound. So far I've played...
  5. NONE of the XBOX PC Apps are working correctly after buying the Game Pass

in XBoX on Windows
    NONE of the XBOX PC Apps are working correctly after buying the Game Pass: Last night I bought the game pass on my PC. Immediately after doing so, the Xbox Companion App gave me error (0x409) 0x80131501, The Xbox (Beta) App won't load past the Xbox symbol, and the...
  6. Xbox app + Game Bar Not working

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app + Game Bar Not working: When I try to log in on windows 10 I keep getting the error code 0x80860010 I put it into the error search and nothing came up, please Help d7dd66fd-311c-4715-b3b5-2dad173e2081
  7. game pass app remote installation not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    game pass app remote installation not working: I setup the allow remote installation, I change my setting for my home xbox and I set the power mode to instant on. when I try to download from the app it tell me to select your default x box but...
  8. Games and Apps: Hunt Showdown trial not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games and Apps: Hunt Showdown trial not working: I have installed a trial of a game called Hunt: Showdown but when I try and start it a pop up appears saying that I don't own the game even though I haven't played it yet. I have tried to reset...
  9. My games and apps don't work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My games and apps don't work: I literally cant do anything, when ever i click any thing like Microsoft store or a app or a game it says something went wrong b0f9c1b4-91cf-4384-828f-c35d0f658143
  10. New external HHD will not work saying it needs USB 3.0 when it is.

in XBoX on Consoles
    New external HHD will not work saying it needs USB 3.0 when it is.: I have now purchased 2 different external HHD's for my XBOX one S, both are well over 256GB and both USB 3.0. One of the HDD was a 2TB and that told me that I needed one with 256GB storage or...