Games & apps not working after factory reset

Discus and support Games & apps not working after factory reset in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Last night we were forced to do a factory reset on our Xbox One S due to the screen staying green & then going to black & staying that way. We did the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by KimSanders3, Oct 6, 2019.

1. KimSanders3
    KimSanders3 Guest

Last night we were forced to do a factory reset on our Xbox One S due to the screen staying green & then going to black & staying that way. We did the reset where you keep your games & apps. Got that to work, got our accounts restored on there, the games
    & apps show up but nothing will work. I click on games or apps like YouTube & nothing happens. We've done the cycle where you hold in the power button & unplug before restarting. Nothing works. Please help!

:)

KimSanders3, Oct 6, 2019
  2. PalmettoBling Win User

Were the titles installed on an external hard drive, or were they installed on the internal drive? When you factory reset, did you select to keep your games and apps?

I know you said you performed a full power cycle on the console already, but I would recommend trying that again, but this time, when it's powered down, also power cycle your router. If that doesn't help, next thing I'd try is to clear your Alternate MAC
    Address under Settings > Network > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate MAC > Clear and then restart the console again.

Let us know if that doesn't work, and we can provide some further troubleshooting steps.
  3. M3tal Daz3 Win User

It will be better if you perform a full factory reset and download your games and apps again. That might take care of any missing data.
  4. rake beam Win User

Nfl app and ESPN app not working

I uninstalled the apps and then after that did a factory reset and saved my game data apps.after the system was back up reinstalled both apps and they worked that should fix it.
  5. General Lee 17 Win User

Xbox One Media Remote Not Working

I had my Xbox One Media remote stop working for me after months of use. After talking to customer support. They told me to do a factory reset. There was an issue with the latest update. After the reset, it worked. Make sure to select the reset that
    keeps your games and apps.
  6. MetalG56 Win User

Black home page screen

I did a factory reset and chose to save game and app data. It worked for me. Just had to go through the setup process again after it
Thema:

1. Games & apps not working after factory reset - Similar Threads - Games apps working

2. Remote downloads are not working again game pass app is not working properly

in XboX Insiders
    Remote downloads are not working again game pass app is not working properly: For the umpteenth time in the last few weeks remote downloads aren’t working again. When is this going to be fixed for good submitted by /u/DiscoNinja07 [link] [comments]
  3. Xbox Game Bar and Xbox Companion App Not Working?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar and Xbox Companion App Not Working?: Having a hard time joining parties because Neither the Xbox Game bar or Companion App are working. Was working fine last night. But taking years to load and eventually crash. Everything else runs...
  4. Does the game pass app still work with the omega preview os?

in XboX Insiders
    Does the game pass app still work with the omega preview os?: Ps. The app never worked before but I’m still trying, now it just says it can’t connect to the Xbox submitted by /u/JewsFundedIsis [link] [comments]
  5. Some Buttons on Xbox Controller don't work in Game Streaming App

in XboX Insiders
    Some Buttons on Xbox Controller don't work in Game Streaming App: I recently downloaded the Xbox Game Streaming app and was able to set everything up, or so I thought. After connecting my Bluetooth controller to my Samsung Galaxy S9, I started the stream and...
  6. How do I get the game streaming app working?

in XboX Insiders
    How do I get the game streaming app working?: I've had the app installed since November and I have no clue to get the streaming service to work and I'm and insider so I'm really confused rn. Does anybody know what to do? submitted by...
  7. Games not working on the Game Streaming App

in XboX Insiders
    Games not working on the Game Streaming App: I have modern warfare on disc but it won't let me play it on project xcloud it that supposed to happen or do I have to have the digital copy of it to play it on project xcloud submitted by...
  8. Game pass quests involving game pass app not working

in XboX Insiders
    Game pass quests involving game pass app not working: As title, the quests (both monthly on new style quests and monthly within app for downloading games from app) are not registering despite going above and beyond what needs to be done for...
  9. Various games in xbox beta app dont work. blank grey screen popup.

in XBoX on Windows
    Various games in xbox beta app dont work. blank grey screen popup.: I got this problem in various games like, guacamelee 2, operencia, halo mcc, metal slug x, bards tale iv and others. Seems to be a problem with login, a grey scren pops up and then close by...
  10. Xbox Game Streaming App isn't working

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Game Streaming App isn't working: I have an account for Xbox insider, and I am an insider. But when I try to use the streaming app, it doesn't let me do anything and I'm stuck on the page that says sign out and learn more. Please...