Games are stuttering, low frame rate, lots of motion blur

Discus and support Games are stuttering, low frame rate, lots of motion blur in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi everyone. I recently bought Hitman 3 and started playing on my xbox after not playing it for a few months. I launched the game and noticed that... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Penguin2056, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Penguin2056
    Penguin2056 Guest

Hi everyone.

I recently bought Hitman 3 and started playing on my xbox after not playing it for a few months. I launched the game and noticed that the audio was occasionally stuttering and so was the camera and game movement.

I tested out other games on my xbox and it seems that every game I tested (both disc and from the digital store) has this same issue. There is a lot of motion blur when I move the camera and the frame rate has significantly lowered meaning my games don't
    run smoothly at all. I have tried most of the troubleshooting methods. I have cleared the cache via mac address, reset the console, freed up the blu ray storage (can't remember what the button was called). I haven't returned it to factory settings because
    I'm obviously apprehensive to do that, unless it's a last resort.

My Internet has been having issues recently and I thought it could be something to do with that although the issue persists if I play offline so I doubt it. My disc laser has always struggled to read discs since I first got the xbox so every disc requires
    a bit of wiggling to get in the right position or it might not accept the disc first time round and it might not load up. Could the drop in frame rate and so on be a disc laser issue? I'm racking my brains here.

Thanks guys

:)

Penguin2056, Jan 22, 2021
  2. Penguin2056 Win User

Using an Xbox One and an ASUS monitor. Could it be a HDMI connection issue? I checked it between the xbox and the monitor and it seemed secure to me. I tested Skyrim and a couple other games and the same issues were there. The frame rate and motion blur
    and stuttering were all very much present so its not just exclusive to Hitman.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

Hitman 3 is an offline game so your internet connection will have zero impact on playing the game missions.

All Xbox One and Series X|S disc games fully install to the hard drive when run for the first time. After this the disc is only accessed to prove ownership. They are not read during play. It's not a laser issue.

Which Xbox do you own? Hitman 3 is a 30fps title on the Xbox One and 60fps on Series X|S.

What display are you using with your console?
  4. Nielo TM Win User

Does anyone else have this problem with 30 fps games ...

Is it something you have to get used to, but thankfully developers are starting to use effective blur filter.

-

The issue is down to low frame rate, not the TV. Modern Plasma TVs have much higher motion detail than LCDs. So when playing 30p games, you'll see strobe like motion (original frame accompanied by ghost frame).

-

Interlaced CRT TVs also produce the same problem (but due to the interlaced scanning, low-motion tend to appear softer). 30p (low-motion) on a progressive CRT is next to unplayable (unless the game has effective blur).
  5. The1337gamer Win User

Bad news about Watch Dogs...

[quote user="Tatakai no Kami"]

[quote user=""]

Motion blur on 30 fps does not have the same effect as 60 fps. I was playing CS: Source yesterday when I read the rubbish in this thread. I have 60 Hz monitor and tested 30 fps vs 60 fps on CS: Source. 60 fps is much smoother, 30 fps has notable stuttering.
    Just stop lying, please.

[/quote]

Considering that tv and movies run at 24 FPS and you don't see any stuttering, how can you see stuttering at 30 FPS when it is faster? I suspect your system is suffering from frame rate drops and is actually running at less than 24 FPS.

[/quote]

It's not. I enabled the frame rate tracker on the command console. It monitors the frame rate and displays it in the top right hand corner of the screen. It never dips on any locked frame rate. My PC runs CS: Source at a stable 299 fps (which is the max)
    when the frame rate is unlocked.
  6. Darkon X Win User

Rumours Of This Game Being A Glitchfest Are Grossly Exagerated

I believe the game is a lot more glitchier on PC, go read all the reviews on STeam and they all talk about headeache inducing low frame rates to getting stuck in the enviroments and not being able to play for more than 30 minutes without your PC freezing.

On my XBOX I have only experience some minor glitches and frame rate stuttering here and there, completely acceptable for a game of this caliber.

Not being able to connect to the Ubisoft servers is killing me though...
Thema:

1. Games are stuttering, low frame rate, lots of motion blur - Similar Threads - Games are stuttering

2. Xbox Menu and party chat lags and stutters when running Series X optimised games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Menu and party chat lags and stutters when running Series X optimised games: I've been having problems where the xbox menu with the friends list and party chat are, it seems to lag and freeze when you open it when playing optimised games for series x. But it's fine when...
  3. Weird stutters when going back to home page from a game.

in XboX Insiders
    Weird stutters when going back to home page from a game.: The console usually stutters and slows down a lot when I go back to the Xbox Home Menu from a game. Also it takes a while to load the icons and the background. Xbox One S. submitted by...
  4. Capturing Video or Screenshot causes game audio and video to stutter on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Capturing Video or Screenshot causes game audio and video to stutter on Xbox Series X: When I capture a screenshot or video while playing a game, the game video and audio stutter very badly while the screenshot or video is captured and the message comes on the screen saying the item...
  5. New Xbox vs Xbox one stuttering in games like Fallout 4

in XboX Insiders
    New Xbox vs Xbox one stuttering in games like Fallout 4: Hey guys, I am wondering if the new Xbox will be able to run a game like Fallout 4 with no stuttering. I play on the Xbox one currently and the stuttering in downtown Boston is awful. What causes...
  6. Multiple games having stuttering/framedrop issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Multiple games having stuttering/framedrop issues: I've been having minor stuttering issues with my Xbox One Original. This started happening mid-September, the games I've been playing since then have been stuttering (minor) are: Halo 5, Juju...
  7. Abysmal 2D game performance (fps all over the place, heavy stutters..) on Game Pass (High...

in XBoX on Windows
    Abysmal 2D game performance (fps all over the place, heavy stutters..) on Game Pass (High...: New to Game Pass, I've installed some games from the service. I've notice something very strange. Most 2D games will run like a nightmare for me. It seems to only be an issue from Game pass's 2D...
  8. Some 4K Games Causing Screen flashing/stuttering on Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Some 4K Games Causing Screen flashing/stuttering on Xbox One X: I have an Xbox One X and Vizio P65Q9-H1 4k TV. I had no issues with this for a while, but then some games began to give me a headache with the glitches when I play them in 4K. This issue doesn't...
  9. OG Xbox One stutters and freezes frequently while playing games.

in XboX Insiders
    OG Xbox One stutters and freezes frequently while playing games.: Hi. This issue I had for the last months and is more noticeable in some specific games. My best example is Doom 64; almost every time the game has to spawn new enemies, pick a new item or just...
  10. Headset Crackling/stuttering while playing games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset Crackling/stuttering while playing games: Hello, So when i start up Modern Warfare and try and play the game my headset starts cracking and has some static. When I move my analog sticks around it gets worse and starts to cut out. When i...