Games Booted of D Drive Always Crash

Discus and support Games Booted of D Drive Always Crash in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently got a new desktop, and decided to reuse my external SSD (Samsung T7) from my previous laptop. The drive was working perfectly on my laptop,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by EthanZeichner, Aug 5, 2022.

1. Games Booted of D Drive Always Crash

I recently got a new desktop, and decided to reuse my external SSD (Samsung T7) from my previous laptop.

The drive was working perfectly on my laptop, but any games booted from it on my new PC always crash without exception. The drive was formatted completely, and I used multiple cables, but had the same result.

I checked the Application Logs after the most recent crash, and there was no error listed.

Please know that I have little technical knowledge.

What could the problem be? What can I do?

:)

EthanZeichner, Aug 5, 2022
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi ETHANZEICHNER! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Have you tried using your SSD on different USB ports from the Pc?

You could also try to run the chkdsk tool on the disk you are trying to use

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server...

Finally it could be related to the PC specifications and not the external disk, you could try installing the games on the C drive and see if the PC can run it
  3. Logan_K Win User

Xbox (beta) app for Windows 10 crashes my entire PC

I have enough space on both hard drives and I usually always download stuff to my D drive but that crashed and I removed enough stuff from my C drive and it still happens and I tried the WSreset.exe stuff and still nothing. It's always a hard full restart
    crash
  4. BobMcFly247 Win User

Xbox One External HDD Revert Back HELP!

The operating system is always installed on the internal drive.

If your system freezes on boot please try booting without the external drive.

If the problem persists please open a new thread to get better tailored help on your problem.
  5. Cgoldz23 Win User

Two week old Xbox one

Every online game it crashes and boots me.
  6. Stefano Pelletti Win User

Microsoft Gaming Services UI issue when trying to launch a game

Hey hi, I've been having the same problem in any games since I've installed the 22H2 preview and updated everything up.

Specifically, this problem happens especially when I'm trying to install games on my secondary D drive.

I've tried with Arigami 2, Avengers and Grounded. All of those won't boot, and for each startup I get an error in the logs same as yours.

But I've found an half-workaround:

I tried to install the games in the C drive and noticed that Grounded was misteriously working.

I then tried to uninstall it and download it back again to the D drive. Moving it would incur in an error.

Eventually it started just fine.

I tried with Arigami 2 and it worked as well by installing it first on the C drive, then uninstalling, then reinstalling to the D drive.

No luck with Avengers, that Gaming Services UI crashes on both drives.

Additional Info: I've already started Avengers and Grounded once prior to yesterday, but not Arigami 2. So, I would assume that first-time-splash-screen of "permission to give your info?" is not related to the failed startups.

Can you please try with Limbo and let me know if it works?
Thema:

1. Games Booted of D Drive Always Crash - Similar Threads - Games Booted Drive

2. Alpha Preview - Seeing Caution Signs on games when I boot my XSX.

in XboX Insiders
    Alpha Preview - Seeing Caution Signs on games when I boot my XSX.: Like the title says. You know the Caution Signs that are triangular with an exclamation point in them? ⚠️ (Unsure if emojis show up on Reddit. They are hit and miss for me.) It happens when I...
  3. being booted while in game play.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    being booted while in game play.: to whom it may be I'm talking to I've tried to reset my xbox x while keeping my game and apps.. then turning off and unplugging my console of 30 minutes. after plugging back up my console and...
  4. Xbox One X Shuts Off When I Boot a Game.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X Shuts Off When I Boot a Game.: Hi everyone,so my One X refuses to play games. Whenever I boot a game,the console completely shuts off. I can't get past the load screen. Happens with every single game. No overheating warning,no...
  5. Games crashing when I boot them up

in XboX Insiders
    Games crashing when I boot them up: Is there a fix to the crashing of games on the Series S? It always happens on X/S enhanced games, bo2, and roblox but I never had a issue or crash on Dragon ball fighterz. I power cycled it and...
  6. Xbox one booting up extremely slow after latest update. Games won't run

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one booting up extremely slow after latest update. Games won't run: Hi. My Xbox one was working perfectly fine yesterday before the update, but now everything seems broken. The Xbox takes about 10 minutes to boot up, and about 5 minutes to shut down. No games will...
  7. Some games open Gameservices on app store and refuse to boot

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Some games open Gameservices on app store and refuse to boot: hello, so some games since yesterday do not work anymore. when i open them this appears and the game refuses to boot. maybe it might have been because i deleted the gamingroot.dll that somehow...
  8. Installed a new boot drive and now game pass doesn't see my installed games.

in XBoX on Windows
    Installed a new boot drive and now game pass doesn't see my installed games.: Hello, Anyone figured out how to get xbox game pass to scan or see already installed games? I installed a new drive to boot from and now after reinstalling xbox game pass it doesn't see any of...
  9. External Drive not loading games on first boot

in XBoX Accessibility
    External Drive not loading games on first boot: For the past month I have been experiencing a weird issue. I have an external hard drive which I have used for a long time and when I first boot up my console, although the game disc is inserted,...
  10. 360 console destrotying games when boots nup CD drive.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    360 console destrotying games when boots nup CD drive.: I'm looking for advice on getting reimbursed or some form of compensation for games broken by faulty console, this is my third console with same problem and I'm fed up spending money....