Games closing instantly after launch Xbox(beta) app

Discus and support Games closing instantly after launch Xbox(beta) app in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; So I have seen this being a reoccurring issue for the past year now, but when launching games from the windows store or through the Xbox beta app, the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by LucidRecords, Dec 19, 2019.

1. LucidRecords
    LucidRecords Guest

So I have seen this being a reoccurring issue for the past year now, but when launching games from the windows store or through the Xbox beta app, the game shows the first splash screen then closes, I already know this is not a hardware problem my PC meets
    the requirements, but a game like Astroneer when launching it shows the splash image and then closes Almost instantly. I have done did all the searching i could to see if theres a fix.

But i recently built a new pc, and before the upgrade i was using a amd dual athlon x64 6gb ddr2 and a gtx 650 and these games would still boot up and were playable be it at 20-30fps but the new build is a ryzen 7 2700 with 32gb ddr4 and a gtx 1080 but now
    the games won't even start.

:)

LucidRecords, Dec 19, 2019
  2. JamesPucci Win User

I have an identical issue. I posted it 2 days ago. Still no response yet.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-e069-450c-a920-22b719de85c3?tm=1576457198848

Go into the windows Event Viewer and see if you have the same error message I do

Event ID: 10001

Unable to start a DCOM Server: StudioWildcard.4558480580BB9_1.54.793.2_x64__1w2mm55455e38!AppARKSurvivalEvolved as Unavailable/Unavailable. The error:

"2147943398"

Happened while starting this command:

"C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\StudioWildcard.4558480580BB9_1.54.793.2_x64__1w2mm55455e38\ShooterGame\Binaries\UWP64\ShooterGame.exe" -ServerName:AppARKSurvivalEvolved.AppX8dqae3jbqbp71qzw0jv2man0p45gr0c6.mca
  3. xDevilxGirlx421 Win User

Hi,

have you checked if there are new windows 10 updates availble?
  4. D1G1M0N M45T3R Win User

Hi,

have you checked if there are new windows 10 updates availble?
    Yep. The Outer Worlds launches for 2 seconds, then vanishes entirely. No crash, just gone.

I tried downloading Astroneer as a test. That game doesn't even attempt to launch. The Xbox (Beta) just reduces itself to the taskbar, and nothing else happens. What the hell!?

Edit Fixed! Here's what I did

• Open 'Task Manager'
    • Click 'File'
    • Click 'Run New Task'
    • Type/Select 'Powershell'
    • Click 'Create This Task With Administrator Privilages'
    • Paste 'get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers'
    • When this is done, Paste 'start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN'
    • When this loads the Microsoft Store, Click Install on GamingServices. Be patient. Mine took ages to pass through pending, etc; It took 30 minutes to download 6mb.
    • Restart PC.
    • Launch game. This is what worked for me. Other people were saying the only way to repair GamingServices is to soft reformat your Windows 10, which felt too extreme.
  5. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello all,

As this is an old thread, I will be locking this one. Updates, games and everything changes often so would be best to create a new thread. Once a new thread is created we will be happy to assist you in any issues or questions you might have.

Thanks,

Brad
  6. Slyguyi69 Win User

The Outer Worlds won't launch from Xbox beta app (got it with game pass)

No fix i've been able to find. The game goes to launch it crashes instantly.

I've uninstalled both Xbox Beta PC and the game itself and yet it still dumps and

closes both game and Xbox Beta PC programs. It's become very annoying and I'm not

very happy with it.
Thema:

1. Games closing instantly after launch Xbox(beta) app - Similar Threads - Games closing instantly

2. Apps and games just closing on Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Apps and games just closing on Series X: Any time I start a game up with an app open, specifically YouTube it'll end up just closing the app. Then when I start an app up it'll close the game. Has anyone else had this on the new consoles?...
  3. Launch Dolby access app while in HDR close all games in suspension and quick resume

in XboX Insiders
    Launch Dolby access app while in HDR close all games in suspension and quick resume: (On serie X , public build ) submitted by /u/Slyder768 [link] [comments]
  4. Forza Horizon 4, the game crashes and closes with Xbox One connected to the internet!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 4, the game crashes and closes with Xbox One connected to the internet!: Hello, I'm having problems with Forza Horizon 4, the game freezes and closes, in some tests, I realized that this problem only happens with only when Xbox One is connected to the internet network....
  5. I try to launch a game and it launches for a second or two and closes out with no error code

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I try to launch a game and it launches for a second or two and closes out with no error code: What do i do? i load up a game and it launches for like a second and it closes our and gives me no error code. i can play my game only sometimes, and then it randomly closes, i open it back up...
  6. The Xbox Game Pass Beta app closes without notice while it's in use.

in XboX Insiders
    The Xbox Game Pass Beta app closes without notice while it's in use.: App version: 2009.263.917 b: v11 Cloud versión : 1.1.0 Cloud UI: 1.1.3 Gamepad navigation: 0.2.1 Suport: 1.0.1 submitted by /u/xL3aMS1x [link] [comments]
  7. Game closing delay after profile kickout

in XboX Insiders
    Game closing delay after profile kickout: May I know, please, why in the current public version of Xbox dashboard if the profile that owns a game is disconnected (after a connection from another console) the game doesn't close immediately...
  8. Question about game closing after profile kick out

in XboX Insiders
    Question about game closing after profile kick out: May I know why in the current public version of Xbox dashboard if the profile that owns a game is disconnected the game doesn't close immediately (but only after ten minutes), and in the new beta...
  9. Black And Blue cursor appears whenever i go to home or close a game,restarting fixes it but...

in XboX Insiders
    Black And Blue cursor appears whenever i go to home or close a game,restarting fixes it but...: anyone else getting this? submitted by /u/Lord_Chanka_69 [link] [comments]
  10. False Outage Message on a specific game (Unturned Closed Beta)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    False Outage Message on a specific game (Unturned Closed Beta): Recently I found that the Unturned Closed Beta was out on Xbox Insider. Upon installing and launching the game I received a pop-up saying there was an outage (EC 0x80832003), though everything...