Games disappearing from game library when installing a game.

Discus and support Games disappearing from game library when installing a game. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When ever I install a game (old or new) all the games from my game library disappear, and if I load onto a game that’s on the Home Screen it will load... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Travis ✔, Aug 3, 2022.

1. Travis ✔
    Travis ✔ Guest

When ever I install a game (old or new) all the games from my game library disappear, and if I load onto a game that’s on the Home Screen it will load on and then kicked me out because it took to long to start, the only fix is restarting my Xbox.

I obviously don’t want to reset my Xbox every time I install a game so how do I fix this?

:)

Travis ✔, Aug 3, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi Travis, I hope you're doing great despite the issue you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

To fix this, please perform a power cycle on your console by following the steps below:

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

If that didn't work resetting the console and keeping games and apps will be the next option, you've mentioned that the way to fix it is by restarting that's why I have provided these steps. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, and games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Reset and keep my games & apps.

Also, if that still didn't work please let me know if you have an external hard drive plugged into your console?
  3. steeledwand7664 Win User

Game disappeared from library

You can also check your order history at account.microsoft.com to make sure that the order is still showing as completed and not refunded for some reason.

If it is showing anything other than completed then more than likely it was refunded for some reason or another.
  4. Georges C. Win User

games disappearing from library

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Kitchn, although the console allows and have the option to pause the download of games, I do not particularly advise much, because when pausing and restarting the download is a different path that the signal makes up the servers of the developer, can also corrupt the file home uses internet has some failure, can give addressing error in the packages and times of the download get stuck, out that it can resume downloading again.

The ideal is to start downloading a game and wait for it to install and 100% so that there are no errors.
  5. WolfGhost155092 Win User

es posible que si compraste el juego con otra cuenta que no tenga en xbox principas no le aparesca o lo haya borrado por accidente
  6. KursedTheGod Win User

I would contact Microsoft support and explain the situation with proof of purchase.

You can try going to your payment history for proof of purchase.
Thema:

1. Games disappearing from game library when installing a game. - Similar Threads - Games disappearing game

2. Xbox app game disappeared after install, can't choose drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app game disappeared after install, can't choose drive: I have a problem with Xbox game pass on Windows, I installed a game on my D: drive yesterday and today it disappeared from the app. I can't even reinstall it because the app now won't allow me to...
  3. Gears of War 1 Ultimate Edition has disappeared from my game library!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gears of War 1 Ultimate Edition has disappeared from my game library!: I bought and own Gears of War 4 which included with it Gears of War 1 Ultimate edition. I installed and played it once a few years ago and went to reinstall it on this on a new computer only to...
  4. Apps and games have disappeared.

in XBoX on Windows
    Apps and games have disappeared.: Since yesterday the xbox home screen only displays very basic buttons like xbox assist. Gets stuck when I click on play store. What happened? 5cbd2c6b-b622-423e-9c07-587f9ecdc220
  5. My game pass subscription just disappeared?!

in XboX Insiders
    My game pass subscription just disappeared?!: a week ago i bought the ultimate game pass for 3 months and today i tried to redeem some perks but they all gave the error "Sorry, we're currently having trouble presenting the details of this...
  6. games disappearing from library

in XBoX Games and Apps
    games disappearing from library: so I've had a few games do this. it'll say it has an update, so I'll start updating it. sometimes I have to pause or cancel the update if my internet isn't working right or something, and when I...
  7. My games disappeared when I entered the xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My games disappeared when I entered the xbox app: My problem started when when I wanted to install the games on drive D, the xbox app got this error: This location is not set up for installing app With this error, I talked to another xbox...
  8. Play Button Disappearing on Cloud Game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Play Button Disappearing on Cloud Game: I have Game Pass Ultimate for cloud gaming and have been playing Ark on the cloud. Two days ago I was playing it just fine as usual. Eventually I quit the game to have dinner and when I returned 2...
  9. Purchased Digital Game has Disappeared from my Game Library

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased Digital Game has Disappeared from my Game Library: I bought Elden Ring in March had a bit of a problem when I bought it, At first it didn't let me install the game, but then I restarted the Xbox and all was fine. Then yesterday I did a factory...
  10. select difficulty panel in game options has disappeared

in XBoX Games and Apps
    select difficulty panel in game options has disappeared: How do I restore the difficulty options in MS Solitaire. Currently I am only playing “random” and the select difficulty panel in game options has disappeared William Marschall...