Games discs are not being read all the time

Discus and support Games discs are not being read all the time in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am having an issue where inserted discs are not working, but it is not 100% of the time. If I put in an Xbox One game disc, it does nothing... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Meridian69, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Meridian69
    Meridian69 Guest

I am having an issue where inserted discs are not working, but it is not 100% of the time. If I put in an Xbox One game disc, it does nothing sometimes.... sometimes it says failure to read the disc. If I insert a backwards compatible Xbox 360 disc, it starts
    correctly. Rebooting the console sometimes gets the Xbox One game disc working, sometimes it does not.

This issue started when I update the Xbox One to the Windows 10 update. Never had a problem before. I am thinking this is a software issue? How can I resolve this?

Thanks in advance.

:)

Meridian69, Dec 13, 2015
  2. ihumiliate14
    ihumiliate14 Guest
    Discs not being read

Any disc I insert into the Xbox is unable to be read ?

ihumiliate14, Dec 13, 2015
  3. Discs not being read

Seems there an issue with the latest update are your part of the beta program?

If not try this
    support.xbox.com/.../disc-error

if still no luck i would ring Xbox support

MessiahBrowny, Dec 13, 2015
  4. Fr33w4y 5 0
    Fr33w4y 5 0 Guest

You're not alone here unfortunately - though MS won't openly say either the NXOE needs a patch for this issue OR that their blu Ray drive hardware itself is faulty on a large number of consoles. Search the forums for blu Ray drive not reading disks if you
    haven't already.

Check your warranty. If it's still under warranty I'd send it in for repair; as you may have a failing disc drive. I had this same problem and was told by MS support that I my drive laser was fading... I was 4 days out of warranty.... Awesome right?,,
    a blu Ray drive right at a year old, that sits on a well ventilated shelf by itself, and probably had less that 100 total hrs of use.... Compare this to let's say my 360's DVD drive that's still running strong after 10 years, or my media center PC blu ray/DVDs
    drive that's 7 years old and shows no signs of slowing down....I could go on. It's basically a cheap BR drive that MS put in the console from launch. So, Good luck!

Fr33w4y 5 0, Dec 13, 2015
  5. Fr33w4y 5 0 Win User

You're not alone here unfortunately - though MS won't openly say either the NXOE needs a patch for this issue OR that their blu Ray drive hardware itself is faulty on a large number of consoles. Search the forums for blu Ray drive not reading disks if you
    haven't already.

Check your warranty. If it's still under warranty I'd send it in for repair; as you may have a failing disc drive. I had this same problem and was told by MS support that I my drive laser was fading... I was 4 days out of warranty.... Awesome right?,,
    a blu Ray drive right at a year old, that sits on a well ventilated shelf by itself, and probably had less that 100 total hrs of use.... Compare this to let's say my 360's DVD drive that's still running strong after 10 years, or my media center PC blu ray/DVDs
    drive that's 7 years old and shows no signs of slowing down....I could go on. It's basically a cheap BR drive that MS put in the console from launch. So, Good luck!
  6. DIY LobotoMEd Win User

Game disc not being read

i had a similar or same issue with my day 1 console. It was a bad blu ray player. Call MS support and they should still send a new console and a free game. Hope this helps someone.
  7. xL3gEnDzZ HDx Win User

Game disc not being read

when i had this done they did give me a free 1 month xbox live card

but it has now happened for a second time so i might buy a new console
  8. Mister Quimby Win User

Game disc not being read

Hey there Nastymeyer!

Please go ahead and create a new thread if you haven't already. This way you can receive support specifically tailored to you. Be sure to include the details of the issue as well as any troubleshooting steps that you have tried. Thanks in advance!
  9. Functional Mute Win User

Game disc not being read

I thought it was just me having this issue. Just keeps getting worse. I had to eject and load it up 12x yesterday just to get it to read it
Thema:

1. Games discs are not being read all the time - Similar Threads - Games discs are

2. Can I convert my disc games into digital downloads?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I convert my disc games into digital downloads?: Backstory: I bought COD Modern Warfare on disc for a great price, and I've been playing it for several months now. My Xbox One S is giving me problems, and I have the opportunity to buy a new one,...
  3. Xbox 360 disc games on Xbox One S All Digital

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 disc games on Xbox One S All Digital: So I bought the Xbox One S All digital and I thought I would be able to play my old xbox 360 games on it but the backwards compatible games that I own on disc don't seem to register with my...
  4. Game Disc Installation Issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Disc Installation Issue: I hag recently bought a game disc in which, after 33 percent of installation offline, hangs then says 'Stopped installation'. I have checkedbut there are no scratches, I was installing the game...
  5. Play a disc game without the disc?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Play a disc game without the disc?: I bought Call of duty BO2 around 2 years ago and I lost the disc. i want to know if there is a way to play it without needing to put in my disc. 93b15d1d-89c4-451e-8930-3d163efddf15
  6. can you play xbox games without using a disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    can you play xbox games without using a disc: recently my xbox one s broke and no longer reads discs. so now i can only play games i have digitally downloaded onto my xbox but i have tons of games that are discs that i want to play and i dont...
  7. I factory reset my xbox keeping games and apps because my xbox wasn't taking discs. No I've...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I factory reset my xbox keeping games and apps because my xbox wasn't taking discs. No I've...: Please help. My brother loves the xbox and it would break his heart to not be able to play f376e29c-6f8c-4cf7-96fe-4f5848b9172a
  8. Modern warfare says I only have warzone but I own the game on disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Modern warfare says I only have warzone but I own the game on disc: Hell all, I have been incredibly frustrated the past few days. I was able to play Modern Warfare multiplayer up until this past Tuesday, June 30th, when they released their mid season update. I...
  9. No Mans Sky game pass and disc will not play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No Mans Sky game pass and disc will not play: Initially my No Mans Sky disc started to glitch and after a few weeks failed to play , I ordered a new disc and got game pass , the game pass worked for a few weeks and then failed . The new disc...
  10. Disc and digital games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disc and digital games: So I have been borrowing my girlfriends xbox one, and she has Rainbow Six Siege digitally, whereas i have it on disc. So Siege is uninstalled on her xbox but will it make any difference if i...