Games Don't Automatically Update?

Discus and support Games Don't Automatically Update? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When I first got my Xbox One at launch, I recall that games used to auto-update, but would stay in your queue at 99% until you actually put the disc in... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SPUNKEE-8059798C-DE59-4704-A498-B16157EBF59D, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Games Don't Automatically Update?

When I first got my Xbox One at launch, I recall that games used to auto-update, but would stay in your queue at 99% until you actually put the disc in to finalize the update.

Now I notice that my games never auto-update, and I have to put the disc in and boot the game for it to update. (like Last Gen). I was under the impression that one of the OS updates allowed games to be automatically updated and wondering what happened to
    that? Its frustrating to have to boot the game to update. (Especially games like Evolve that require a 6.6GB patch).

Does anyone know the official way of how games are suppose to update?

:)

SPUNKEE-8059798C-DE59-4704-A498-B16157EBF59D, Mar 30, 2015
  2. Mass effect 2 language problem!

hope it works. Some games don't automatically switch.

MsDarthShader, Mar 30, 2015
  3. Pikey79
    Pikey79 Guest
    Games automatically deleted

I haven't turned on xbox one in nearly a month and had it completely unplugged sitting on a shelf for about 2-3 weeks. I just plugged it back in tonight and tried to play titanfall. It says I need to install. So I check the my games and app screen. 3 Of
    the 5 games showed they were uninstalled. Titanfall, ghost. And ryse were gone. Only black flag and forza were still there. also some of the apps I downloaded were uninstalled. Twitch and skype to name a couple. When I turned it on it did have me sit through
    a 200mb update....could this have caused it? Anyone else had something like this?

Pikey79, Mar 30, 2015
  4. Games Don't Automatically Update?

Hi there, check your instant on settings, this allows for automatic console updates, not sure about game updates as mine only seems to do them when I turn he console on, don't need the disc in though for all games. It seems a little temperamental:

support.xbox.com/.../learn-about-power-modes

DigitalAssassin, Mar 30, 2015
  5. MsDarthShader Win User

Mass effect 2 language problem!

hope it works. Some games don't automatically switch.
  6. Patrick M. Martin Win User

Forza 5 LE and Day one edition no cars??

LE cars are available for purchase using in-game credits. They don't automatically appear in your garage.
  7. CRracer 912 Win User

High court strikes down California video game ban

I don't know about Cally, but here the local Walmart cards you automatically on M rated games.
  8. Smwutches Win User

Dead Rising 3 bought, But I didnt buy it.

It sounds kind of like maybe it downloaded an update for the game automatically and that's why it showed up. But I don't know.
  9. WookieRage Win User

not receiving promised mixpot free games even after viewing e3 via mixer...been a week already watch

Go to my games and apps and see if they are in the ready to download section

They might be there if you don't have automatic download on
Thema:

Games Don't Automatically Update?

1. Games Don't Automatically Update? - Similar Threads - Games Don't Automatically

2. microsoft store says i have a game installed i don't

in XBoX on Windows
    microsoft store says i have a game installed i don't: a game called phantasy star online 2 recently came out, i have been playing it for a few days with no problems. i played valorant with some friends (the game with the intrusive vanguard anti...
  3. Xbox game bar don't start with the system

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game bar don't start with the system: The xbox game bar on the windows 10 don't starting with the SO, only when I press win+G it load. How configure this for start with Windows? 367c362d-f701-4b0b-9b1a-a7902b5ff5cf
  4. Cant downlaod game on windows 10 cause it says i don't have a device

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant downlaod game on windows 10 cause it says i don't have a device: SO i just bout windows 10 standard edition it Sayed i did not have a device when i clicked the three little dots a and clicked on install on devices so i created a device for my pc and it still...
  5. Can't purchase a game because I don't have enough space on my usb drive (xbox360)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't purchase a game because I don't have enough space on my usb drive (xbox360): As the title says, I can't purchase a game (Final Fantasy XIII - 14.9gb) since my 16gb usb drives don't even get to 15gb. And, for the moment, I'm stuck with those flash drives, since I can't go...
  6. Dashboard keep saying I have 1 game/app update but I don't

in XboX Insiders
    Dashboard keep saying I have 1 game/app update but I don't: Yes, I've already reported via Xbox. This has been going on for several updates now. I go to manage appa and game and it displays "Updates 1", I click and there are no updates. When I back out...
  7. Had a game with backward compatibility, reset my Xbox and now I don't have the game anymore.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Had a game with backward compatibility, reset my Xbox and now I don't have the game anymore.: Title. I dont have the game anymore and the physical copy is in a different country... a4768888-dced-4230-8bb4-a9635be2a6a2
  8. My games don't appear in "my list the games"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My games don't appear in "my list the games": My games don't appear in "my list the games". What I can do? 4e234c48-37d6-4b63-8a56-b0501b4cbaab
  9. Saying I don't have Xbox game pass for PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Saying I don't have Xbox game pass for PC: I click install and it says to buy Xbox game pass. I have Xbox game pass. I click account, and i says i have Xbox game pass for pc. Any help? c01bc89b-667b-48c5-8afc-d0267d710c57
  10. Recently played games and their achievements don't get updated on my xbox profile

in XBoX on Consoles
    Recently played games and their achievements don't get updated on my xbox profile: Hello, https://account.xbox.com/en-us/profile?gamertag=&activetab=main:mainTab3 As you can see on my activity feed, I played and got some achievements for Metal Slug X, Riverbond and Gears...