Games for Windows Live Download History

Discus and support Games for Windows Live Download History in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Microsoft, when will you fix this? I would like to play the games I purchased from you in the past and no one from Microsoft has ever once provided an... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by spicygamethundr, May 22, 2020.

1. Games for Windows Live Download History

Microsoft, when will you fix this? I would like to play the games I purchased from you in the past and no one from Microsoft has ever once provided an explanation or a refund to anyone who purchase a game or DLC through the Games for Windows Live Marketplace
    when that was still active.

:)

spicygamethundr, May 22, 2020
  2. Cosminiion Win User

I have been in discussions with Microsoft representatives since October 2019 on this subject and have pushed for the restoration of the Games for Windows Marketplace in various ways for months. Long story short, there is nobody to talk to at Microsoft who
    can make an actual difference or who can give a comprehensive answer. Unfortunately there is not enough community involvement for Microsoft to even bat an eye to this anymore.

And to those who say they have the right to revoke access to people's purchases any time they feel like it, that may be so, but how disgraceful is it to do so without any prior announcement? Have they ever, EVER announced a clear, fixed date when people
    would indefinitely lose access to all of their past purchases from the Games for Windows Marketplace? I'll save you the search; the answer is no, not at all. They just pulled the plug one random day with no respect and consideration for their customers, just
    because the platform's "old". Pathetic excuse from a company like Microsoft and even more pathetic to sanction such practice. Shameful, simply shameful.

The last official announcement about the Games for Windows Marketplace was in August 2013 when they closed the Marketplace for new purchases, while
    promising to preserve access to our past purchases:

https://web.archive.org/web/20130826055456/http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/pc/update
    https://web.archive.org/web/20130826071447/http://support.xbox.com:80/en-US/games/pc-games/pc-marketplace-closing
  3. Tezzarrific Win User

you purchased licences to play games not the games themselves, in the terms of the licence they hold the right to cease or revoke access to said software after a certain amount of time if they choose to or if they need to.

unfortunately all software is like this and has been since the beginning.

This applies to all software and all companies.

even if you buy the disc, the disc and packaging is yours, the software on the disc is not, you just own a licence.
  4. TXO Constell Win User

Hello,

Not to be entirely rude towards Microsoft or Google however they are one in the same in that aspect. They invest, and once it falls flat they drop it entirely. I fear that you are doomed by this circumstance my friend. I wish you luck on getting a refund for
    what you have bought.
  5. brandiesel1 Win User

Still haven't gotten my 60 microsoft points back.

Also, just double check your purchase history. Here's how:

-

View your Xbox LIVE purchase history

-

There are two ways to see a history of purchases you’ve made with your Xbox LIVE account:

-

Go to Purchase History and sign in by using your Windows Live ID (email address and password).

View your Xbox LIVE purchase history on your console:

Sign in using your Xbox LIVE gamertag.

Go to Settings and select Account.

Select Download History. The items that you've downloaded are listed.
  6. Mad Cow Dizease Win User

Hearthfire DLC Disappeared!!!!

Hey there, you can download your purchased content and not be charged for it again. You need to access your download history. Here's how.

View your Xbox LIVE purchase history

There are two ways to see a history of purchases you’ve made with your Xbox LIVE account:

• Go to Purchase History and sign in by using your Windows Live ID (email address and password).
    • View your Xbox LIVE purchase history on your console:
      1. Sign in using your Xbox LIVE gamertag.
      2. Go to Settings and select Account.
      3. Select Download History. The items that you've downloaded are listed
    I hope that helps, let us know if that lets you re-download your Hearthfire expansion.
Thema:

1. Games for Windows Live Download History - Similar Threads - Games Windows Live

2. Supporting Games for Windows Live purchases on the Windows Store

in XboX Insiders
    Supporting Games for Windows Live purchases on the Windows Store: Since the Store now allows for Win32 applications, and the GFWL Marketplace still won't allow anyone to access or download their owned content (this has been a problem for a very long time now),...
  3. Steam - Windows Live Gaming - and Windows 10...ick!

in XBoX on Windows
    Steam - Windows Live Gaming - and Windows 10...ick!: Bought a game through Steam, Fallout 3 - and it requires Windows Live Gaming to run. Live gaming is handled through the Xbox 1 application - yet when trying to run the game it says that it...
  4. Is it possible to move Xbox Live/Games for Windows Live Gamertag from one MS Account to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is it possible to move Xbox Live/Games for Windows Live Gamertag from one MS Account to...: I heard it is not possible to move a gamertag to another Microsoft Account that already has a gamertag. But my question is this, is it not possible to transfer Xbox Live/Games for Windows Live to...
  5. Can be possible to buy DLC on Games for Windows Live

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can be possible to buy DLC on Games for Windows Live: Hi there!!! I've started playing Batman Arkham City GFWL regular edition, and I have a question, Can be possible to buy the DLC to complete the whole game? a6fe7312-27b6-4860-8f8d-8e6d0d881746
  6. Games for Windows Live Windows 10 "There was an error retrieving your purchase history....

in XBoX on Windows
    Games for Windows Live Windows 10 "There was an error retrieving your purchase history....: Hello, I have been getting this error for quite a while. I cannot seem to get GFWL(Games for Windows Live) to work on my PC. Every time I log into GFWL, it is able to retrieve my username but not...
  7. Games for Windows Live not showing my games

in XBoX on Windows
    Games for Windows Live not showing my games: I've been having this problem for a while now, the GFWL isn't showing the games I've bought and I can't download them; it's displayed that: ``There was an error retriving your purchase history....
  8. Games for WIndows Live was phased out?

in XBoX on Windows
    Games for WIndows Live was phased out?: I keep seeing the mods here saying that Games for Windows Live (GFWL) was phased out, followed by the mod locking the thread. Latest example was by Amber M here:...
  9. Microsoft, please fix the Games for Windows Marketplace - Games for Windows LIVE (GFWL)

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft, please fix the Games for Windows Marketplace - Games for Windows LIVE (GFWL): As anyone dealing with the Games for Windows Marketplace (GFWM) knows, it is completely broken and needs to be fixed internally by Microsoft. This won't happen without enough public demand and a...
  10. Games for Windows Live (GFWL), Steam, Windows 10 and You

in XBoX on Windows
    Games for Windows Live (GFWL), Steam, Windows 10 and You: First off, please do not ask a question in this thread. If you have an issue with Games for Windows Live (GFWL) please create your own thread and a support agent or an ambassador will help you...