GAMES MISSING FROM EXTERNAL HARD-DRIVE AFTER CONSOLE UPDATE

Discus and support GAMES MISSING FROM EXTERNAL HARD-DRIVE AFTER CONSOLE UPDATE in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; i updated my xbox. every game on my external hard-drive (2 TB seagate) is MISSING !! the external hard-drive felt like it was running but it wasn't... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by JacobCordon, Apr 23, 2020.

1. JacobCordon
    JacobCordon Guest

i updated my xbox.

every game on my external hard-drive (2 TB seagate) is MISSING !!

the external hard-drive felt like it was running but it wasn't reading on my console.

i have troubleshooted everything i know.

i turned everything off and back on.

i unplugged everything.

:)

JacobCordon, Apr 23, 2020
  2. ttttubby Win User

Are you sure the external drive is connected? When my external drive failed i iost eveything saved to it.
  3. LegoNinja187 Win User

xbox one x

You simply need to plug the external hard drive with the Xbox One games on it into the new console, then you can play games from the external hard drive, or transfer them from the external hard drive to the internal hard drive. You may need to update some
    or all of the games, which will require the internet. But you don't need to re-download the whole game.
  4. TimsGurhl Win User

Installation issue

If you recently updated your console with the February 2020 update, it has bricked external hard drives world wide and Xbox Support refuses to acknowledge that the last update is causing an issue with external hard drives. No games will download, install,
    or launch from external drives since the update. They've known about this for close to a month.
  5. XBF Leo G Win User

Hard Drive for XBox One

Hello bossatronio112,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We're sorry to hear that all your games are missing from your hard drive. Is this issue occurring on the internal hard drive or an external hard drive? Did this issue occur after an update? Are you enrolled
    in the
    Xbox Insider program
    ? Were the profiles missing from the console as well as the games? We suggest going to your games and apps list, and make sure that the games are not hidden. Once you are on the games list in your games and apps list, press L3+X to view
    the list of hidden games. Be sure to let us know the results!
  6. XBF Leo G Win User

Issues launching my games and apps

Hello DemoChao,

Thanks for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that you are unable to launch your games due to them taking too long to start. Thank you for giving us more details about the issue. We recommend

checking for any console updates
    . Do you also have games installed on your internal hard drive, or are they all on the external hard drive. We recommend moving the game from the external hard drive to the internal. You will want to check for any updates
    to the game after it is on the internal hard drive. If an update is necessary and is completed, we suggest moving it to the external hard drive and trying to launch it again. Be sure to let us know the results DemoChao!
Thema:

1. GAMES MISSING FROM EXTERNAL HARD-DRIVE AFTER CONSOLE UPDATE - Similar Threads - GAMES MISSING EXTERNAL

2. Games with gold missing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games with gold missing: Hello, I take Assassin's creed 4 Black Flag a few month ago with the games with gold and i played it. But now the games is missing from my xbox and my library. Do you have any solutions for...
  3. Missing games when xbox game streaming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Missing games when xbox game streaming: On my phone i started using xbox game streaming app and everything works fine i get the dashboard and everything.. but on my brothers phone synced to his xbox one there's no dashboard and all he...
  4. OLD account and gta 5 is missing from my games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    OLD account and gta 5 is missing from my games: I pyrchase gta 5 off of the microsoft store while I was on 360 and it does not come up in my owned games on 360 however gta 4 does is there any solution to this 48753f75-ec8b-4581-9014-3b40f3f409e5
  5. MISSING GAME CODES, AND NO HELP FROM MICROSOFT

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MISSING GAME CODES, AND NO HELP FROM MICROSOFT: So it was my birthday a few days ago, and I got an Xbox one S, with forza horizon 4 and LEGO speed champuons, along with one free month of xbox live gold, but the codes for forza, lego speed...
  6. Missing Games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Missing Games: Most of my downloaded games disappeared yesterday - Game Pass games, Gold Games, and installed games from owned hard copies. Where did everything go? Storage is 75% full (about 600 gigs) so I...
  7. GwG missing from Full Library/Games with Gold

in XBoX Games and Apps
    GwG missing from Full Library/Games with Gold: I have several Xbox One games that I have redeemed with Game with Gold that don't appear in my Games with Gold full library menu. For example, this month GwG "Knights of Pen and Paper" is...
  8. External hard drive was missing so i bought another one now it wont play games says it needs ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive was missing so i bought another one now it wont play games says it needs ...: got new hard drive now wont play . i got 360 missing the extrenal hard drive and bought one now how do i update with no internet 5b565168-4e5a-411e-a865-756195cdec20
  9. Bug report - missing Tile art when moving games to external HDD

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bug report - missing Tile art when moving games to external HDD: I've found a pretty annoying bug involving tile art that I haven't seen reported anywhere. This is NOT about blank tiles but about missing assets on tiles. Games affected include: Rare Replay,...
  10. Game data missing off external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game data missing off external hard drive: So I was having trouble downloading several items. Talked to customer service, they said they had no idea and I might need to do a restore factory default. I asked if I moved everything over to...