Games not compatible with Microsoft

Discus and support Games not compatible with Microsoft in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I downloaded a few games that I already had on discs and now when I download a game from Big Fish I get a message saying the game is not compatible... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Lyn63, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Lyn63
    Lyn63 Guest

I downloaded a few games that I already had on discs and now when I download a game from Big Fish I get a message saying the game is not compatible with Microsoft. I always used to be able to download and play the games so what have I done? I never changed
    any settings or anything. How can I fix this please? I am on Windows 10 and using Bing on Firefox

:)

Lyn63, Aug 6, 2020
    1 person likes this.
  2. Smwutches Win User

Backwards Compatibility Updates​

Backwards compatibility is largely based on the publishers allowing the games to be backwards compatible. So it's not all on Microsoft.
  3. [Farscape] Win User

Some older games are only compatible with older versions of windows. You could try running them in compatiblity mode (google that one).

each iteration of windows adds new software which in turn makes them less likely to work with older software, there is lots of ways around this but it takes research and a bit of a learning curve.

You could always run an older version of windows in a virtual box but this is where you will need to learn this.

Not much else can be done that will easily fix it, you could google the game and see if there are any fixes for them to make them work with windows 10.

I have some old bigfish games and some of them refuse to work on anything higher than windows 7.
  4. markcalloway1 Win User

original xbox games compatibility issues

I just wish that microsoft had made all the original xbox games compatible

some of these games are now basically useless

unless microsoft starts sending out alot of updates regarding original xbox games compatibilities
  5. matthewiag Win User

Bring all Harry Potter games to Xbox one via backward compatability please!!!

It would be nice to see a Remastered collection or have them as Compatibility games.

It is down to the Game Developers and Publishers to allow Microsoft to make them compatible
  6. Smwutches Win User

Will every xbox 360 game be compatible on the xbox one?

I'm sure Microsoft would love to have every game be compatible, but it's also up to the publishers so unfortunately not all games will be made compatible.
Thema:

1. Games not compatible with Microsoft - Similar Threads - Games compatible Microsoft

2. I have some requests for games that I hope Microsoft, will make compatible for Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have some requests for games that I hope Microsoft, will make compatible for Xbox One: Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper This amazing crime-solving video game, pitting the fictional detective against one of history's most infamous serial killers, is a masterpiece! Tales of...
  3. Downloading and playing backwards compatible games from Microsoft Store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Downloading and playing backwards compatible games from Microsoft Store: Hello. I tried to download and play some games that were backwards compatible with my Xbox One S All-digital, but couldn't succeed to do anything. It said in the downloading Page in Microsoft...
  4. Can Microsoft enforce xbox live "compatibility" for it's games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can Microsoft enforce xbox live "compatibility" for it's games.: Hi, I pay monthly for xbox live. I got a game through the platform (COD: Warzone). I bought in game content through the platform. I would like to play with other xbox players like I always did...
  5. Will Xbox and Microsoft announce more games to be backwards compatible, or are they done...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will Xbox and Microsoft announce more games to be backwards compatible, or are they done...: So, is Xbox done with the Xbox Compatibility announcements? Because I hope that Mortal Kombat 9 will become backwards compatible, if not, it’s fine. In my opinion MK9 or “Mortal Kombat” is one of...
  6. could microsoft make the xbox 360 game DARK backwards compatibility or remaster it for xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    could microsoft make the xbox 360 game DARK backwards compatibility or remaster it for xbox one: could you guys make the xbox 360 game DARK backwards compatibility or remaster it for xbox one 1fa554d3-9a6c-4708-8e6d-d4da065a863b
  7. Backwards Compatible Games from the Microsoft Store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Backwards Compatible Games from the Microsoft Store: Star Wars Republic Commando is free on Games with Gold, and I've been trying to download it. When I try to, it says my "account is unable to make this type of purchase" and to try it from the...
  8. Can't Buy Backwards Compatible Games with Your Microsoft Account Funds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Buy Backwards Compatible Games with Your Microsoft Account Funds: I find it ridiculous that after all of this time Microsoft will not allow someone to buy a backwards compatible game (Xbox 360 or original Xbox) by using the funds from a gift card. Their only...
  9. Can't purchase Backwards Compatible game from the microsoft store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't purchase Backwards Compatible game from the microsoft store: Hey all, I've been wanting to try out Halo Reach on the xbox one with backwards compatibility. I've never owned an xbox360 and I don't own a physical copy of the game. So I tried buying it...
  10. Why can't you buy backwards compatible games with credits/money on your Microsoft account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't you buy backwards compatible games with credits/money on your Microsoft account: Why is it that if you want to buy a 360 or OG Xbox game on Xbox One you have to provide your credit card info? why can't you purchase these games with the credit/money on your Microsoft account?...