Games not opening

Discus and support Games not opening in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I recently installed the xbox app and Sea of Thieves and Age of Empires 2. When I load the games they do not go past the initial loading screen and the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Keyanoman, Mar 27, 2020 at 4:02 AM.

1. Keyanoman
    Keyanoman Guest

Games not opening

I recently installed the xbox app and Sea of Thieves and Age of Empires 2. When I load the games they do not go past the initial loading screen and the game does not load. I have tried reinstalling both the xbox app and the games on PC, but the issue
    persists. Any help would be greatly appreciated

:)

2. Mister Taurus Win User

Opening a game

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us, we're sorry to hear about this issue. Let's try reinstalling the title. Power down your console, unplug the console and router for five full minutes, and try the title again. These steps should help. Happy gaming.
  3. Mister Quimby Win User

Games will not open

Hey there E Fow!

Please go ahead and create a new thread if you haven't already. This way we can provide support specifically tailored to you. Be sure to include the details of the issue as well as any troubleshooting steps that you have tried. In the meantime, you
    can find out how to uninstall a game on our Uninstall Xbox One content page. If you uninstall a game, you will not lose any of your game saves.
  4. Scorponok v3 Win User

Game not opening

Agreed, I would reset your Router.
  5. Honda Man 04 Win User

Game not opening

Try resetting your router or gateway device to refresh your internet. I have found that when I experience connection issues that a reset usually fixes it. Hopefully this resolves your issue.
  6. WGID Win User

Game not opening

Thema:

Games not opening

1. Games not opening - Similar Threads - Games opening

2. Mahjong opens with the same partially started game every time. How do I get rid of it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mahjong opens with the same partially started game every time. How do I get rid of it?: In Microsoft Solitaire Collection on a laptop, Mahjong opens with the SAME partially finished game. The Saved Games file/folder is empty. Where is it coming from and how do I get rid of that one...
  3. Unable to send or open party and game invites

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to send or open party and game invites: Hi, i have been unable to send or receive any party or game invites today, i know i am receiving them as it shows them on the xbox app on my phone but i can not see them on my xbox. I have tried...
  4. forza motorsport 6 graphics issue/game won't open

in XBoX on Windows
    forza motorsport 6 graphics issue/game won't open: I recently downloaded and installed Forza Motorosport 6 I get an error code when I open the game on pc AP501 This means that your system’s video card doesn’t support DirectX 12. To resolve...
  5. games not opening

in XBoX on Windows
    games not opening: I have recently installed Gears 5 and State of decay 2 but when I go to launch either of them the xbox game app closes and nothing happens from there. I have tried everything but just can't get...
  6. My Xbox Game Bar won't open

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox Game Bar won't open: Hello! My xBox Game Bar won't open and I cannot record any game. It recently happened I had chance before to record my gameplays but not anylonger. 9113297a-e942-45df-ba75-9e6d426f02cb
  7. Cant open game on store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant open game on store: Hi I bought shadow of the tomb raider a while back and have gone to install again but it is not showing up on my bought games and whenever I open it up on the store it just goes to a black screen....
  8. Game won’t appear and won’t open

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game won’t appear and won’t open: So I just bought dying light the following and it has fully downloaded but it won’t appear in my games and the Microsoft store says it is downloaded. The only way I can actually access the game is...
  9. Tips for getting into open world games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Tips for getting into open world games?: Hello everyone, I have been trying to get into open world games for a while but everything seems so confusing Does anyone have tips to help me not be so confused?...
  10. Why is my nat moderate on my alcatraz game but open on my console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my nat moderate on my alcatraz game but open on my console: Why is my nat moderate on my alcatraz game but open on my console? 98c7a9dc-dbec-4872-bacd-0047418fe800