Games not trigger HDR

Discus and support Games not trigger HDR in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello there, i have some issues with my xbox sx console, the games dont trigger HDR anymore, and i play on sdr !! On tv settings all boxes are ticked... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by jimmpott, Dec 9, 2021.

1. jimmpott
    jimmpott Guest

Games not trigger HDR

Hello there, i have some issues with my xbox sx console, the games dont trigger HDR anymore, and i play on sdr !! On tv settings all boxes are ticked (allow hdr etc) what happens? Another issue is i cant turn on the VRR on game dashboard on my LG C1 tv, and on xbox series x tv settings, the option variable refresh rate is greyed out!!! Only when i go to "calibrate hdr" setting, the hdr logo lit on the upright corner of my tv. What to do? "sorry for my english, is not my native language"

:)

jimmpott, Dec 9, 2021
  2. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Games not trigger HDR

Hi there Jim welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. Are you using an HDMI 2.1 port? Remember that some TVS have an specific port for the 2.1 HDMI cables!
  3. Nursemorph Win User

Games not trigger HDR

Hi there Jim welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. Are you using an HDMI 2.1 port? Remember that some TVS have an specific port for the 2.1 HDMI cables!
    The LG C1 has 4 HDMI ports and all 4 are fully HDMI2.1
  4. Nursemorph Win User

Games not trigger HDR

When you say "Don't trigger HDR anymore", did it work before?

If it didn't, is your TV new? I ask as some of the newer C1s (manufactures between September and October this year) won't accept a 4k HDR input until LG push out a fix.
  5. Half Fish Half Win User

Color and contrast plummet in games and apps.

I had a similar issue last night happen to me. I think sometimes, in some instances, settings like HDR dont get properly triggered between the Xbox and the display.

Last night I had Elder Scrolls Online suspended and when I returned to it the monitor hadn’t been triggered to switch to an HDR profile.

Force quitting the game and relaunching it fixed the problem.
  6. BryanCable Win User

Xbox One S HDR Bug

I have this issue with a Vizio 2016 P65. This issue happens 100% of the time when Netflix is loaded. The TV is triggered into HDR mode for all Netflix content and for the Xbox Dashboard as well. A force quit of Netflix will bring everything back to normal.

UHD Blu Ray is working fine in HDR.
Thema:

Games not trigger HDR

1. Games not trigger HDR - Similar Threads - Games trigger HDR

2. Games Not Triggering "Play Game" Challenges

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games Not Triggering "Play Game" Challenges: Since the new month started, none of the challenges involving simply playing a game or multiple games have been registering at all. I have tried all the usual fixes (power cycles, memory...
  3. Games aren’t triggering HDR or auto HDR

in XboX Insiders
    Games aren’t triggering HDR or auto HDR: I had moved down to beta after always being on alpha skip ahead on my SX a while back. Recently, I didn’t feel like HDR was on and sure enough, it was not. No games are going into HDR or auto...
  4. Sticks/Triggers are not working in XBOX Game Pass (Mobile/PC)

in XBoX on Mobile
    Sticks/Triggers are not working in XBOX Game Pass (Mobile/PC): When I open Game Pass, L and R Triggers, D Pad and both sticks do not do anything. They do work on the Android home screen. Accessibility options except for "Autorotate the screen" Are turned...
  5. Plants and Zombies Garden Warfare 2 Quest not triggering on weekly game pass quest

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Plants and Zombies Garden Warfare 2 Quest not triggering on weekly game pass quest: I am the only person having problems having the weekly quest in Plants and Zombies Garden Warfare 2 I have done what is stated and day later still no activation. Looking to see if only me having...
  6. Issues with triggers and sticks when streaming game on GamePass.

in XboX Insiders
    Issues with triggers and sticks when streaming game on GamePass.: I only just downloaded the app on my tablet. So far, whenever I'm streaming a game and the game starts, the pointer keeps moving up and the character keeps spinning in circles. The only way to...
  7. Not all games purchased in the Black Friday sale triggered the 5000 reward points

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Not all games purchased in the Black Friday sale triggered the 5000 reward points: Hi, I just purchased three games in the Black Friday sale, the total of which was just over £40: GTA V Premium Control Ultimate Edition The Witcher: GOTY Edition However only £27 has...
  8. Xbox game pass app issue - dpad, joysticks and L/R trigger buttons not responding in game

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game pass app issue - dpad, joysticks and L/R trigger buttons not responding in game: While streaming any game, my xbox one controller's dpad, joysticks and triggers are not doing anything. The controller itself works fine while connected to my xbox. Even navigating around the Xbox...
  9. The Xbox Game Bar recorder triggers the overlay to display an error, and unable to reopen...

in XBoX on Windows
    The Xbox Game Bar recorder triggers the overlay to display an error, and unable to reopen...: After updating my Intel graphics driver via the manufacturer site, I noticed that something had changed with the Xbox Game bar application, failing to capture (sometimes with an error...
  10. The Xbox Game Bar recorder doesn't work, which triggers the overlay to close immediately...

in XBoX on Windows
    The Xbox Game Bar recorder doesn't work, which triggers the overlay to close immediately...: After updating my Intel graphics driver via the manufacturer site, I noticed that something had changed with the Xbox Game bar application, failing to capture (without any error notification)...