Games not working for family account

Discus and support Games not working for family account in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I preorderd Destiny 2 shadow keep and I've been able to play it on my account, but my son who is the real person I got the game for isn't able to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by deutschpwa, Oct 10, 2019 at 8:53 AM.

1. deutschpwa
    deutschpwa Guest

So I preorderd Destiny 2 shadow keep and I've been able to play it on my account, but my son who is the real person I got the game for isn't able to play it. It tells him he needs to buy it to play. Games are supposed to work across all family member's
    accounts. Anyone know how to fix this?

:)

2. XBF Leo G Win User

Hey deutschpwa,

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you require any help with any other issues, please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance. If
    anyone needs assistance with this issue or any other issues, we suggest creating a new thread.

Thank you again and have a great day!
  3. G v zauBerBerg Win User

Hi deutschpwa,

sorry to hear. If you preorderd a game it is assigned to your account. And everybody in your family can play all the games you purchased if you logged in or if the console is assigned to you (my home XBOX).

Please read
    "Sharing features"

Hope this helps and keep us informed
  4. WPAK Win User

5. Daft Badger Win User

The Shadowkeep dlc isn't available to share I believe.

Someone else posted a similar thing a couple of days ago.

While the majority of games/dlc will work with game share there are a few that wont.
  6. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Set the purchasing account as xbox home in order to share with other accounts on the same console
Thema:

1. Games not working for family account - Similar Threads - Games working family

2. Shenmue 1 and 2 with Xbox Game Pass not working....How can I fix this?

in XBoX on Windows
    Shenmue 1 and 2 with Xbox Game Pass not working....How can I fix this?: I can not get Shenmue 1 and 2 to start, after downloading it with the Xbox game pass on PC/Windows 10. There was another post about this in July 2019 with no resolution....that was also locked by...
  3. Xbox game bar keybinds not working

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game bar keybinds not working: I've been trying to set up a keybind to mute/unmute my mic, but neither the default nor any of my attempted keybinds work, I can only do it by clicking on the icon. For start/stop recording only...
  4. Game not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game not working: I purchased a game and it's not working.The game is forsa horizon 4 Lego speed champions. [Mod Removed - See Guidelines] 597f8d66-50e9-4d76-8e20-e4864846fa39
  5. Xbox Game Bar broadcasting not working, day 3.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar broadcasting not working, day 3.: I posted a similar reply...
  6. Game won’t work after soft reset

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game won’t work after soft reset: hey guys, i recently did a soft reset trying to fix another problem that is still persisting smh. the new problem is that i have a battlefield 1 edition console, that came with battlefield 1...
  7. Game pass family sharing not working as intended?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game pass family sharing not working as intended?: Game pass family sharing not working as intended? I have two xboxs and i recently got gamepass Ultimate to share games with my wife on xbox number 2. xbox number two, has my wifes profile and my...
  8. Windows 10 Game Bar Doesn't work with Family Premium Account

in XboX Insiders
    Windows 10 Game Bar Doesn't work with Family Premium Account: Hi, I'm in Skip Ahead. Please see this post below. This is happening to me, too....
  9. Game/Family Sharing doesn’t seem to be working.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game/Family Sharing doesn’t seem to be working.: I have my account and my boyfriends account signed in on our Xbox and the Xbox is set as our home Xbox for the both of us. Two friends of ours do the game/family sharing where if one of them...
  10. Game/Family Sharing doesn’t seem to be working.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game/Family Sharing doesn’t seem to be working.: I have my account and my boyfriends account signed in on our Xbox and the Xbox is set as our home Xbox for the both of us. Two friends of ours do the game/family sharing where if one of them...