Games on external storage invisible

Discus and support Games on external storage invisible in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I recently got an Xbox one s because my original standard Xbox one died. Before that though, I transferred most of my games onto a WD 3tb external... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by NameTag00, Feb 19, 2019.

1. NameTag00
    NameTag00 Guest

So I recently got an Xbox one s because my original standard Xbox one died. Before that though, I transferred most of my games onto a WD 3tb external hard drive to make space. After it stopped working and I got the Xbox one s, I plugged it in and tried to
    access my saved games but the Xbox won't show them. I know they are still on there, I never deleted them and when it's plugged in the Xbox shows that some of the space on the drive is used. "5% Used, 2.5 TB of 2.7 TB free" Invisible? Why can't I see them?

Any help to at least get some sort of an explanation would be appreciated, at the very least I would like to know for sure If the games are unrecoverable, then I might as well just reformat it and use the drive for something else.

:)

NameTag00, Feb 19, 2019
  2. NameTag00 Win User

Alright, thanks for the help.
  3. NameTag00 Win User

Ok, at least it is something to try. I don't currently have one of those but I'll look around. If there is anything else I should know (or try) before leaving I appreciate the help.
  4. AngelObullets Win User

Hi there NameTag00

Is the External Hard drive powered from the console or powered by an outlet or other device?. Also how many games are currently stored on the 3tb?.
  5. AngelObullets Win User

You can always come back, I can only recommend those things on the way to fix it and that is how I managed to do a 8tb system over 3 hard drives *not including the internal* (Please don't take that as a flex).

I would always suggest trying self powered External hard drives rather than powered from what you connecting it on to stop these types of things.
  6. NameTag00 Win User

Console powered.

5+ games at least, don't remember exactly...
Thema:

1. Games on external storage invisible - Similar Threads - Games external storage

2. New external HHD will not work saying it needs USB 3.0 when it is.

in XBoX on Consoles
    New external HHD will not work saying it needs USB 3.0 when it is.: I have now purchased 2 different external HHD's for my XBOX one S, both are well over 256GB and both USB 3.0. One of the HDD was a 2TB and that told me that I needed one with 256GB storage or...
  3. Game DVR and external storage.

in XboX Insiders
    Game DVR and external storage.: Currently trying to get my head around an issue I'm having with capturing to external storage which I have tested on two 4TB drives, when the drive gets half full of recordings the game DVR stops...
  4. Games taking too long to start and external storage too weak to use

in XBoX on Consoles
    Games taking too long to start and external storage too weak to use: For the past month I've had an issue with my xbox saying files were corrupt. So I would uninstall and reinstall that file just for the file to read corrupt a week later. My xbox has been fine all...
  5. External storage not showing games

in XBoX on Consoles
    External storage not showing games: Hi, My son has an external storage device that he has had for a couple of years, and has had no problems with until today. He came home from school, went to play his games and although his Xbox...
  6. [Guide] How to increase your game storage size using an external HDD.

in XBoX on Consoles
    [Guide] How to increase your game storage size using an external HDD.: You can easily increase the storage capacity of your Xbox One by add an external Hard Disk Drive (HDD), but there are a few caveats you need to be aware of. 1 - the External HDD need to be USB 3,...
  7. Unable to move game to external storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to move game to external storage: Hi, after the update I do not have an option to move a game to my external hard drive. It only allows for uninstall for the games on the x box one? Anybody have this issue? I have enough...
  8. I need help with the external storage, deleted game

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help with the external storage, deleted game: I had a 2 terrabite external storage attached to my console. I was at my freinds house to play and then I moved my exbox back home like normal but when I logged on I had 98% full on storage but...
  9. Game icon changes when moving to external storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game icon changes when moving to external storage: This is purely a cosmetic issue and does not affect game play, but I've noticed that some games seem to change their icon after moving from the drive that it was originally installed on to another...
  10. Cannot Transfer Game Data to External Storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot Transfer Game Data to External Storage: Hello, Ijust connected a new external hard drive to my Xbox One, the Toshiba Canvio Connnect II 1TB USB 3.0. I formatted it for games and apps and when I tried to copy or move some game data...