games only work offline

Discus and support games only work offline in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So ive been trying to play cod, ryse and dr3 while signed in and connected to wifi. All this games work if i install and run them while being offline... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by LNahuel, Jan 23, 2014.

1. LNahuel
    LNahuel Guest

games only work offline

So ive been trying to play cod, ryse and dr3 while signed in and connected to wifi. All this games work if i install and run them while being offline but as soon as i go online and try to play xbox asks me for an update. After installing this update the
    game wont run, it starts and then it goes to home screen. Ive tried doing the cashe reset thing and nothing. Everything else works fine (party, chat, explorer, upload, etc). if anyone knows how to fix this i will be gratefull

:)

LNahuel, Jan 23, 2014
  2. diamondback8
    diamondback8 Guest
    Achievements Not Working Offline only online

Ooooh. That's not good. I just hope the problems of the Xbox One don't extend to achievements though. I know there will come a time I'll play the console offline so if this is the case, then all my work in a game like BF4 will be for nothing. Definitely don't want to play the whole game again.

diamondback8, Jan 23, 2014
  3. sillylucy
    sillylucy Guest
    Achievements Not Working Offline only online

The web is down and I don't get achievements either. It has been so windy these days that my webs keeps disconnecting. I wish there was a way that my offline achievements would get saved and then adjusted to my score once I get back online.

sillylucy, Jan 23, 2014
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

Playing offline in Xbox 360 Slim

If you purchase digital games downloaded from Xbox Live, make sure your licenses for the games are upto date on the console before you play offline. Otherwise you will be fine for most games. Disc games should work offline with no issues. Games like GTA
    & online only games will only work while online.
  5. ThaMizphit74 Win User

Witcher 2 only working for me when console is offline....

I did hard resets and reinstalled the game and that didn't work. It only works offline. No other BC game does this on my console.
  6. Daft Badger Win User

problem playing offline

Apart from Skyrim I've played all the games you've mentioned offline myself with no problem at all.There's no reason why Skyrim wouldn't work either as it's not an online only game.

Like I said,as long as it's your home console & set in offline mode then the games should work.

Games like Destiny wont as they are online only games.
  7. sportybonita Win User

SERIOUS WTF!

P.S This only happens on Gears of War 2 every other game works fine.Online and offline
  8. ZweiMeterPeter Win User

Xbox One Crashing Game

I don't know how u guys play, but I only play offline. Once I connected the Xbox to the Internet, it first ran an upload on the Xbox and after that on the game..It then worked and it still has after having been offline. So if u guys are solely offline-players,
    this might be a way to get the game work.
Thema:

games only work offline

1. games only work offline - Similar Threads - games offline

2. Can't Play Physical Games or DVD's Offline

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't Play Physical Games or DVD's Offline: I turned on my xbox one a couple of minutes ago and it said I wasn't connected to xbox live. No big deal, xbox live is down I'll play a disc based game offline. Every game I tried launched but sat...
  3. Offline game save overwrote cloud data

in XBoX on Consoles
    Offline game save overwrote cloud data: Hey all, So Me and my brother each have our own xbox and xbox live accounts, and we have set it up to game share so that we can both play games together. We have been playing a game together and...
  4. All offline saved data for all games is gone? How to recover data?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    All offline saved data for all games is gone? How to recover data?: I usually play offline. All the games I have been playing for months are all acting like it is the first time I played the game when I start them now. When I go to load game there is nothing...
  5. playing game disc offline

in XBoX Games and Apps
    playing game disc offline: Please I borrowed a game from my friend cod advanced warfare I don't know how to play the game on my Xbox I am new to Xbox so I will appreciate your help thanks Also I want to play the game...
  6. Is it safe to play a game offline if you're on single player mode?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it safe to play a game offline if you're on single player mode?: For example, WWE 2K18 or 2K19, are these two a single player game that you can play offline? And if you play without internet, does it sync once you're done or it requires online to sync?...
  7. Offline mid game system starts saying I need internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Offline mid game system starts saying I need internet: While playing offline or watching a DVD my xbox1 will suddenly bring me to the home screen with a prompt claiming I need internet for this even though I've been playing Or watching movies offline....
  8. Playing games offline.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Playing games offline.: I am having trouble playing games offline that do not require internet. Keeps telling me I have to sign in. I have not been able to play a single game offline since I bought the console. Was...
  9. PLAYING GAMES OFFLINE.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PLAYING GAMES OFFLINE.: Hello, Why do I have to sign in to play a game or watch an app like Hulu? Can't I just watch or play w/o being on xbox live? Thank you 0019ce8b-961f-4a6c-9696-a22977cd3e1d
  10. Unable to play any downloaded games offline

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to play any downloaded games offline: Hello, everyone! I bought a Xbox 360 S back in 2010 and over the years it began to have issues to the point where I decided to upgrade to a Xbox 360 E. The problem is that I bought quite a few...