Games Pass for PC - Games Launch but don't show permissions window

Discus and support Games Pass for PC - Games Launch but don't show permissions window in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, Newly installed games on Games Pass for PC don't display the allow access to your account/permissions window, some show a grey window with no... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Spakkenkhrist, Feb 2, 2022.

1. Games Pass for PC - Games Launch but don't show permissions window

Hi,

Newly installed games on Games Pass for PC don't display the allow access to your account/permissions window, some show a grey window with no detail (Townscaper) some don't show the window at all and sit at the games menu screen but I can't interact with it (The Outer Wilds), and Windjammers 2 presents an error "failed to create xbl context". The one exception that I have found is Spelunky 2 which didn't request permissions and allowed me to play, any games I had previously installed and accepted the permissions request on still worked.

I have tried;

Reinstalling the games

Reinstalling the Games Pass application

Ensuring the XBox games services are running

Removing the registry keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServices

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServicesNet

Reinstalling XBox Gaming Services

Edit:

Fixes attempted I forgot to list:

Reset the applications from Settings > Applications and Features

Ensured that there were no pending Windows or App Store updates to be installed.

:)

Spakkenkhrist, Feb 2, 2022
  2. L4c3rd4 Win User

No worries my friend, I understand that it's a bummer when we encounter issues like this when all we want is just play the games. hehe

But no worries, you could just try to re-do all the procedures again, but I do believe the restoration could help, but it's up to you my friend, no pressure, I know it's not a light procedure to do.
  3. Spakkenkhrist Win User

I am sure it would but that it a last resort solution and I'd rather unsubscribe than rebuild, apologies if I sounded rude before.
  4. L4c3rd4 Win User

I know Spakkenkhrist, but it could work. :/
  5. Spakkenkhrist Win User

I had already tried the suggested fixes, I shouldn't have to reinstall my OS to make your application work.
  6. L4c3rd4 Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey Spakkenkhrist, how are you today? Hope you're well.

Spakkenkhrist, there are a few other things we could try.

So, let's try this, first, make sure your windows and all its services are up to date:

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

Click Check for Updates;

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available;

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services.

Then try this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

Then, try to uninstall and install the Xbox app. :)

If it still doesn't work you're going to uninstall the games services using a powershell command.

In the windows search bar type Powershell > Right click and select open as administrator > Type the command: "get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-Appxpackage –allusers" > Wait for the process to finish and then restart the PC, then open your Xbox gamepass app, it will ask you to install the gaming services again, install it and try again.

Then, after you do it, you're going to open the game pass app, it will ask you to download and install the game services again

If neither of those procedures works, try to restore your PC's OS via the ISO image tool, using that tool you will be able to maintain your installed games and files.

If you're using Windows 10:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

If you're using Windows 11:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...
Thema:

1. Games Pass for PC - Games Launch but don't show permissions window - Similar Threads - Games Pass Games

2. Xbox Game Pass is the best deal in gaming

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Game Pass is the best deal in gaming: https://flexsub.shop/forget-xbox-series-x-restocks-xbox-game-pass-is-the-best-deal-in-gaming submitted by /u/amusedhearts [link] [comments]
  3. Gold award for 3 month game pass ultimate

in XboX Insiders
    Gold award for 3 month game pass ultimate: First gets submitted by /u/Crystalwhore9 [link] [comments]
  4. Xbox game pass Game Cross-play details

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game pass Game Cross-play details: I would love to be able to look at a game in the store and know right away if is cross-plat or not and with what other platforms i can play with. Looking on google just to find out if the game...
  5. The Xbox Game Pass-Metal Gear Rising Revengeance

in XboX Insiders
    The Xbox Game Pass-Metal Gear Rising Revengeance: I Diamond have many Ideas for Games that should be added to the Game Pass. And that one Game is a must be! Its called "Metal Gear Rising Revengeance". Its in hype. If this Game gets added to the...
  6. Some PC Game Pass games not working

in XboX Insiders
    Some PC Game Pass games not working: I'm from Indonesia and just recently entered into PC Game Pass insider program. I bought the three month trial and started to install some games. However, only some games worked. I already...
  7. Unable to launch insider hub NARAKA + ALL PC Game Pass games since Windows 11 update...

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to launch insider hub NARAKA + ALL PC Game Pass games since Windows 11 update...: I just tried to install the insider NARAKA preview and it wouldn't launch so I installed three other games and they won't run either. Already installed games work fine but all newly installed...
  8. xbox family game pass idea for families

in XboX Insiders
    xbox family game pass idea for families: I don't think I need to explain much more than the title itself... my daughter finally came of age to get into gaming and im happy to share this with her ... the only issue is that I already have...
  9. Xbox gaming pass for non-eligible countries

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox gaming pass for non-eligible countries: I want to buy it even though my country is non-eligible however I have a good internet connection, Can I still buy it? submitted by /u/solidsnake212121 [link] [comments]
  10. X cloud iOS says I don’t have game pass ultimate

in XboX Insiders
    X cloud iOS says I don’t have game pass ultimate: Has anyone had this issue and how can I fix it? submitted by /u/Excellent-Stomach782 [link] [comments]