Games Pass Questions & Concerns

Discus and support Games Pass Questions & Concerns in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've been looking around for a while via Google for the answers to my questions, and I just can't find anyone that seems to have these questions, so I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Fettman 53, Mar 15, 2019 at 8:12 AM.

1. Fettman 53
    Fettman 53 Guest

I've been looking around for a while via Google for the answers to my questions, and I just can't find anyone that seems to have these questions, so I want to ask them here.

I recently received an Xbox One X for Christmas; it was a bundle that came with a code to redeem a free copy of the standard edition of Forza Horizon 4. The console also came with a 3-month game pass code as well. I redeemed the code for Horizon 4 and downloaded
    the game. I wasn't planning on using Game Pass, but I was convinced to at least use the free 3-month trial since I had it. Therefore, I also redeemed the Game Pass code. Afterwards, I realized that Horizon 4 had a ton of DLC, a season pass, upgrades, etc.,
    so I purchased those AFTER I redeemed the Game Pass, which seems to have given me discounts on said items. I also, of course, purchased Red Dead Redemption 2.

Here's where my questions come into play:

I noticed that, after installing all of these things, that Horizon 4 showed up under 'Game Pass' in my list of games. Is this normal for a game that you own? I know it was recently added to Game Pass, but my copy was not a Game Pass game.

Second: when my Game Pass membership expires, I have no plans to renew it. The big question I have, that I cannot seem to find an answer to, is this: if I purchase something (be it a full game like RDR2, DLC for an existing game I own, season pass, etc.) while
    Game Pass is active, and therefore with a discount...when my Game Pass membership expires, will it lock me out of using this content unless I renew Game Pass? Or is it mine to use even without Game Pass since I purchased it, despite being discounted via Game
    Pass? Will I be forced to either renew membership, or purchase the items again? Or will I be good?

Thank you for your time and any insight you can give me into these queries.

:)

2. eduscxbox Win User

Hello Fettman 53, everything you purchase on microsoft store as games, DLCs for example, are yours to keep, even if you Game Pass subscription expires, the only thing you lost access are games downloaded from game pass, but all your purchases, even if they
    had gamepass discount you will keep.

About the first question yes, It's normal, as forza horizon 4 was added to game pass it show up there, but you will not loose your copy one the game pass subscription expire, it is yours to keep.

hope it helps

best regards.
  3. NeoDan123 Win User

Games, DLC etc that you payed for is yours to keep. Regardless of it being in Gamepass.

Xbox One Games with Gold can only be played as long as you have an active Gold subscription. Xbox 360 Games with Gold do not need an active gold subscription to be playable.
  4. Shadowskill08 Win User

No worries, you own any purchased games or DLC.

Hope you were able to enjoy Game Pass!
  5. XBF Javier R Win User

Hello Fettman,

We understand that you have a general inquiry in regards to Game Pass, and any discounted items that you have purchased through the Game Pass discount.

To answer your first question, the only reason for Forza Horizon 4 showing up within the Game Pass section would be that it is currently a part of the Game Pass. This does not deter from the ownership of the game, being that the account owns the license
    for it. That is why Forza Horizon 4 should also appear within the ready to install section of your games within My games and apps.

Second, the only items that will not be available when the membership expires will be any game that was installed without actually making the purchase for that game. If you made a purchase for it, its yours.

To further investigate the way Game Pass works, or rather to answer any further questions you may have, our
    Xbox Game Pass FAQ is perfect for any/all inquiries regarding the membership.

We do appreciate you bringing this concern to our community forums, and hope that this information helps.

Best wishes!
  6. Smwutches Win User

1. Even if you purchased the game separately it'll still show as owned under Game Pass. So that is normal.

2. Anything you pay for is yours to keep.
Thema:

1. Games Pass Questions & Concerns - Similar Threads - Games Pass Questions

2. Microsoft Rewards - Game Pass Question

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Microsoft Rewards - Game Pass Question: Hi, I've already finish the Hellblade Game and got 1000 G before the new quests from Microsoft Rewards come. The quest asks to unlock 2 achievementts to get 200 points in Microsoft Rewards, but...
  3. Game pass question

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game pass question: I'm a total noob when it comes to this sort of thing so over look my stupidity and I will try to word this the best I can without confusing the crap out of anyone.. If I buy and download a game...
  4. XBOX GAME PASS FEEDBACK QUESTION/ INFO..

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX GAME PASS FEEDBACK QUESTION/ INFO..: HOW AND WHERE TO GIVE FEEDBACK FOR XBOX GAME PASS FOR GAMES, DLC, ETC....? 16cce20f-e978-41a9-9934-f9e869d91e59
  5. Another question about stacking game pass

in XBoX on Consoles
    Another question about stacking game pass: Probably not, but thought I’d ask. I have $10 bucks on my system that will expire on 2/19/19, and can’t seem to find anything to spend it on. Is there a way to stack game pass subs, like if I buy...
  6. Xbox Live Quests and Xbox Game pass Quests questions and concerns.

in XBoX Rewards
    Xbox Live Quests and Xbox Game pass Quests questions and concerns.: Hello. I was hoping to get some help determining if I was eligible for the rewards for the Xbox Live quests October and last month, December. I got a $5 dollar gift card today for the December...
  7. Xbox Live quests and Game Pass quests questions and concerns

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox Live quests and Game Pass quests questions and concerns: Hello. I was hoping to get some help determining if I was eligible for the rewards for the Xbox Live quests October and last month, December. I got a $5 dollar gift card today for the December...
  8. Game Pass Question

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Pass Question: So I recently decided I really wanted Forza Horizon 4 and saw that I can get the game free for 14 days. So I got the free 14-day game pass trial, but my wonder is after the game pass ends can I...
  9. Xbox Game Pass Question - How to figure out which games I own vs Game Pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Pass Question - How to figure out which games I own vs Game Pass: So I've got a fairly large game collection. Probably 200 games purchased and around 100 downloaded from Xbox Game Pass. 1. Is there anyway I can see which games are from Game Pass and which I...
  10. Game pass and gold question.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game pass and gold question.: I am thinking of picking up a second Xbox one for the household. I have live gold and game pass on my account. I was wondering... I have heard that so long as I set the shared console as the...