Games reinstalling instead of updating.

Discus and support Games reinstalling instead of updating. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Quite often when games need to update they will download the whole game again instead of just the update. Forza Horizon 4 seems to do this every time.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by LordJames666, Sep 3, 2019.

1. LordJames666
    LordJames666 Guest

Quite often when games need to update they will download the whole game again instead of just the update. Forza Horizon 4 seems to do this every time. Why is this?

:)

LordJames666, Sep 3, 2019
  2. SoberCoffee752 Win User

I had this same problem once p. You need to check and make sure your auto update for games and apps are off.
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Red dead 2 uninstalled itself

Hello Joey,

That may be normal, with some updates if it involves multiple aspects of the game it will reinstall the complete game. For example, if the story has multiple updates throughout it is easier to just reinstall it with updated version than enter all the updates.
    Personally had this happen with fallout 76 instead of installing the update it installed the complete game again. Happened two times with the update for fallout.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Brad
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

Uninstalled games

Hello Awesome,

This has also happened to me some too, when the game goes to update it reinstalls the whole game. Only thing I can think is why they do this is the update is throughout the game instead of just certain parts. So instead it just installs the complete thing.
    For example Fallout 76 said needed update soon as I started the update, it then proceeded to install full game.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Brad
  5. DarkKnight6644 Win User

Deleted games I wanted to keep

Oh yeah also something strang when I start the update sometimes instead of a small 1 to 5 gig update it'll just start reinstalling the game with no warning and thats about 40 to 90 gig and once again the obi Wan Kenobi scream.
  6. bigbenx88 Win User

Xbox stuck on green loading screen

Instead of doing the factory restore, I'd try doing the OSUDT2. That will reinstall the system updates and hopefully kick it out of the error you're getting now.
Thema:

1. Games reinstalling instead of updating. - Similar Threads - Games reinstalling instead

2. Xbox One forcing me to reinstall a working game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One forcing me to reinstall a working game: I recently downloaded NBA 2k20 on my xbox which took several days because I'm on a deployment and the internet is horrible. Now it's making me redownload the entire game, not just an update. All...
  3. cannot reinstall game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    cannot reinstall game: I own Hidden City/Hidden Objects. It crashed on me twice, so I uninstalled it and want to reinstall it. I have tried everything, but it will not reinstall. Any advice?...
  4. Game won't load. Uninstalled. Won't reinstall.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game won't load. Uninstalled. Won't reinstall.: I purchased a digital copy of dead rising 4 in 2016. Suddenly today ot wouldn't load and I kept getting a message about renewing Xbox games pass (don't have and haven't had in years). I...
  5. Updating a game causes me to have to reinstall the ENTIRE THING

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Updating a game causes me to have to reinstall the ENTIRE THING: When I update games I have to completely reinstall the game. I will preform an update and rather than just installing the update I have to reinstall the game in its entirety. This is obviously...
  6. how to reinstall preinstalled game after a complete reinitialization

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how to reinstall preinstalled game after a complete reinitialization: Hi, I'd like to sell my xbox. So, I have reinitialized completely the xbox. but I bougth it with the preinstalled game sea of thieves. And I would like to reinstall it for the selling. How...
  7. Missing Digital Game from Reinstall List

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Missing Digital Game from Reinstall List: I recently bought an xbox one x, after having an xbox one for about 5 years. When I started the console up it worked perfectly, but when i went into the “My Games and Apps” to reinstall the games...
  8. Xbox Beta for PC doesn't install games and can't reinstall the app

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Beta for PC doesn't install games and can't reinstall the app: Hello, All of a sudden I can't download games anymore on the Xbox Beta app for PC. It was working fine then all the downloads stopped at 0%. I've tried uninstalling the Xbox Beta app and now I...
  9. can't reinstall game (error 0x803f900a)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    can't reinstall game (error 0x803f900a): So I bought xbox one with forza horizon 4. After the gamepass expired, the game wouldn't launch anymore, giving me the 0x803f900a error code. There has been other posts about this same issue, and...
  10. I uninstalled a game I bought, and I can't reinstall it because it's no longer on the store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I uninstalled a game I bought, and I can't reinstall it because it's no longer on the store: Exactly as the title suggests. I purchased "Evolve" digitally last year and uninstalled it to make space, and was hoping to play it with a friend today only to be met with no such game in my...