Games Removed Due to PayPal Dispute

Discus and support Games Removed Due to PayPal Dispute in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; Hi all, I purchased two games back in October and November, when I purchased the games, I was charged sales tax despite living in and having my card... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by ChromeVanadium1, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Games Removed Due to PayPal Dispute

Hi all,

I purchased two games back in October and November, when I purchased the games, I was charged sales tax despite living in and having my card billed in Delware (where there is no sales tax). I contacted support to try and resolve the issue, but never recieved
    a response. Since I had paid via PayPal, I decided to just file a dispute for the small tax amounts and move on. Two months later, Microsoft has removed the games from my account because their system shows that I disputed the charges and they think the entire
    amount was refunded, not juat $2 in taxes. Now i can't play the games and I'm out $45.

I've gone through customer support and the refund request process and submitted documentation of the partial refund, but get denied any kind of help. Has anybody had a similar issue and had it resolved?

Thanks,

-Steve

:)

ChromeVanadium1, Jan 17, 2019
  2. OK Fowl Win User

steeledwand7664 may be right, it can sometimes take PayPal up to 30 days to show refunds/chargebacks.
  3. ChromeVanadium1 Win User

You should work for Microsoft support...Microsoft's system should be able to tell the difference between a partial refund and a chargeback. I did not report the charge as fraudulent, I requested a partial refund due to incorrectly charged tax and was refunded
    $2.70, not the entire purchase price.
  4. HAZMAT RADIO Win User

Xbox Support won't be able to do anything. Paypal would not have disputed the "tax" for the transaction, they'd dispute the whole purchase. Since the dispute was successful against Microsoft/Xbox then in turn Microsoft/Xbox pulls the license from your account.

Xbox Support will see the chargeback/dispute of those purchases and that's it. They can't put a game back on your account.
  5. Zero Jehuty Win User

You should have been able to reply to the refund request email to talk with the agent.

If you wish to take further action you MIGHT have more luck with a call back *When they open*

Click me

However refunds denials are often final and a phone agent might not be able to help much more.
  6. HAZMAT RADIO Win User

Your only recourse is through paypal since you stated before "Microsofts system shows that PayPal refunded the whole amount.". Paypal just sees one transaction total. And paypal can only dispute the transaction, not a part of it. When Paypal disputed the
    transaction, that was a dispute on the transaction as a whole. Paypal got all of the money back and gave you 2.70. Microsoft can't do anything for you when paypal has your money
Thema:

1. Games Removed Due to PayPal Dispute - Similar Threads - Games Removed Due

2. Uninstalled games from Xbox game pass PC doesn't remove the game from my ssd.

in XBoX on Windows
    Uninstalled games from Xbox game pass PC doesn't remove the game from my ssd.: I uninstalled fallout 76 from my ssd at Xbox Beta PC, cause it didn't work, but its still occupying space in my ssd. 75gb! I tried to use treesize but I can't find the full path to try to delete...
  3. Xbox Games Pass for PC - Uninstallation isn't removing games

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Games Pass for PC - Uninstallation isn't removing games: As the title suggests, Xbox Games Pass on PC isn't consistently removing games when you click the uninstall button. On the affected titles (Metro Exodus, Halo) the shortcuts disappear, and the...
  4. Not a fan of the new update that removed the GamePass icons from installed games in the...

in XboX Insiders
    Not a fan of the new update that removed the GamePass icons from installed games in the...: I just cleaned up my HD the other day by uninstalling all the GamePass titles that no longer had the icon (meaning I could no longer play them). This was much easier than having to keep up...
  5. Life is Strange 2 Game Pass Removal?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Life is Strange 2 Game Pass Removal?: Hi guys, Just wanted to make sure Life is Strange 2 is removed from game pass or if its just me having difficulty opening the game. When did it get removed if so?...
  6. Metro exodus has been removed from Xbox Game Pass on PC? How is that possible?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Metro exodus has been removed from Xbox Game Pass on PC? How is that possible?: Hello Guys, I've had Metro exodus for some time in my account in XBOX game pass and I have recently started playing it. Yesterday I was playing fine, but today I was receiving an error the whole...
  7. Removing Ownership of a Game (Not a Refund)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Removing Ownership of a Game (Not a Refund): I was wondering if it is possible to have ownership of a particular game or game version removed from my account. I am willing to take the loss of the expense, as I am far past any refund period....
  8. Algunos Games with Gold se removieron de mi lista[Some Games with Gold were removed from my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Algunos Games with Gold se removieron de mi lista[Some Games with Gold were removed from my...: Ya lleva mucho tiempo pero veo y no lo entiendo, mis juegos "Dead Space, Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag y Tomb Raider definitive edition. Todos fueron eliminados de mi lista de Games with Gold y...
  9. Update has removed game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Update has removed game: I purchased an xbox one with gears of War 5 included. I had a new system update, now my game has disappeared and I can not download it again and my code for the games says it has already been...
  10. Remove xbox live on xbox 360 games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Remove xbox live on xbox 360 games: How to login/remove xbox live on xbox 360 games on xbox one c5ea4fcb-1d66-4993-a430-cf461c5cd738