Games stuck on infinite loading screen

Discus and support Games stuck on infinite loading screen in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; The problem I'm having is every time I try to play a game (on my external storage) I'll get stuck on an infinite loading screen. I'll give 3 examples.... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by RobertBowles2, May 4, 2021.

1. Games stuck on infinite loading screen

The problem I'm having is every time I try to play a game (on my external storage) I'll get stuck on an infinite loading screen. I'll give 3 examples.

1. For Honor: I will get past the title screen and it will be stuck in the black screen with the loading icon and never proceed to the next screen.

2. Skyrim: I will get into the main menu, and then I'll try to load into my save and then it will be stuck in an infinite loading screen.

3. Halo 5: I will get into the main menu where it says to press the pause button to start, then after I do it'll be stuck forever loading.

This is the problem I have to deal with for every game on my external. I have really slow internet and honestly don't want to wait 2-3 days for it to finish, if I don't have to, and I can't move my games from external to internal to play, because the moving hits a point and will never proceed with the moving progress. I know it's not a USB3.0 cord problem as I've tried to change out cords. I don't want to buy another hard drive if I dont have to, so is there anything I can try?

Btw my external for about 4 years old.

:)

RobertBowles2, May 4, 2021
  2. XBF Zineb F Win User

Hello there @RobertBowles2, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. I want you not to worry about the situation because I am here to help you out! I believe your console might need either a network reset or just a system refresh. I would like you to go through the following steps to clear the Mac address and then perform a quick power cycle on your console:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

After going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your console.

Another thing you should check is your NAT type. I would like you to check your NAT type if open because that could sometimes interfere. to check for the NAT type you can follow the steps below:

Settings > Network Settings > NAT type => It should be open.

If the NAT type is not open, you will need to open some ports with your internet provider. These ports must be open for Xbox Live to work: Port 88 (UDP) Port 3074 (UDP and TCP) Port 53 (UDP and TCP) Port 80 (TCP) Port 500 (UDP) Port 3544 (UDP) Port 4500 (UDP).

In case the issue still persists, the next step would be to perform a reset on the console. To do so you will need to follow the steps below to perform a reset on the Xbox :

Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you to sign in to the account.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  3. RobertBowles2 Win User

I did a factory reset on my console. When I loaded in, I tried to load into some games with no luck I don't know what's wrong. I feel like it is an external storage issue as I have no trouble playing games on internal storage, but if you have any more suggestions of things I can try, I will happily try them.
  4. jshoaf Win User

Stuck in infinite loading screen

I have this issue too. Any solutions that don't require losing progress and re-installing?
  5. robinsonetc-BB6A3CD8 Win User

I had this issue and solved it by deleting the game and re-installing it by downloading it from the Store rather than from the disc.
  6. Hrvoje Benko Win User

I have the same issue. I tried clearing the local saved games, restarting the console, but nothing is helping. Anyone else has this issue?
Thema:

1. Games stuck on infinite loading screen - Similar Threads - Games stuck infinite

2. Xbox game pass subscription is stuck.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game pass subscription is stuck.: Hi, For some unknow reason my recuring payement is stuck since the 10th of May. I have money on my bank account so there is no reason for it to not go through. [img] I would love to gain...
  3. Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War app update stuck at 100% cannot even uninstall game either

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War app update stuck at 100% cannot even uninstall game either: I have an Xbox One, and today, Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War downloaded and installed an update, then issued a message saying "finishing things up" which also had a progress bar, that eventually...
  4. Dante's inferno saved game is stuck

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dante's inferno saved game is stuck: I have Dante's Inferno physical and digital copy. I had my saved games on cloud storage, so I coud play on my XB360 and on my XB1, so one day I started to receive a message, something like last...
  5. How can I get a refund on a game I purchased for pc by mistake? (Refund page stuck loading..)

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    How can I get a refund on a game I purchased for pc by mistake? (Refund page stuck loading..): Greetings! I tried to buy "Halo: The Master Chief Collection" for my xbox one through browser, and even though I chose "xbox" as the console I wanted the digital copy on, the purchase that was...
  6. Nier automata PC(xbox game pass) stuck on "saving system data" screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Nier automata PC(xbox game pass) stuck on "saving system data" screen: I play Nier automata PC game via Xbox game pass for PC and the game start normally but get stuck on "Saving game data" screen I'm using Windows 10 Thing I tried: -Turn off "controlled folder...
  7. Just Bought Game Pass And Stuck on Making Things Awesome

in XBoX on Windows
    Just Bought Game Pass And Stuck on Making Things Awesome: I just bought xbox game pass about an hour ago and I'm trying to install the app so I can play the games and it is stuck on "making things awesome" I have already tried resetting, uninstalling...
  8. Xbox Game Bar - trying to connect Spotify stuck on "Connecting to a service"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar - trying to connect Spotify stuck on "Connecting to a service": I am trying to link my spotify to Xbox Game Bar on my Windows 10 PC, and whenever I click "Link Account" in the popup window, another popup window comes up titled "Connecting to a service." It...
  9. Watchdogs 2 Stuck in trail version after buying the full game

in XboX Insiders
    Watchdogs 2 Stuck in trail version after buying the full game: I had got the trial version of watchdogs 2 round about 2018 or 2019 and i got the full game 1 year ago and im stuck on the trial version and i dont know how to fix this i have deleted the game and...
  10. The Messenger game stucks on title screen and won't start

in XBoX on Windows
    The Messenger game stucks on title screen and won't start: I have a trouble with The Messenger game in Xbox Game Pass for PC. I can install game but when I try to run, it stucks on title screen as below. Thisgame does not work for several days. There is...