Games suddenly vanish from library, but storage space is still being used

Discus and support Games suddenly vanish from library, but storage space is still being used in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So one day I was downloading a few games, when I check on the progress the day after most games vanished, but I still have 92,9% usage of my storage, I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by _AnthonyR, Nov 26, 2021.

1. _AnthonyR
    _AnthonyR Guest

So one day I was downloading a few games, when I check on the progress the day after most games vanished, but I still have 92,9% usage of my storage, I tried checking the same games on the Microsoft store and it just says to download it again, I can't because of my low storage space and I can't clear it because the games won't appear, what do I do? I have tried doing a hard reset but nothing happened, could it also be a problem with my external storage unit?

:)

_AnthonyR, Nov 26, 2021
  2. I'mAice Win User

Hi! My name is Pam. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

Yes, the same thing also happened to me and most likely, it's really the external hard drive. Please Turn off console > (press and hold power button for 10 seconds) unplug everything from the console > wait for 2 minutes and plug everything back > Turn On the console.

In case the issue still persist, I suggest to format your external hard drive.
  3. blub77blub Win User

Xbox one S random crashes

I factory reset it and while installing the game the internet connection suddenly vanished while being wired. It worked fine for about 20 minutes.
  4. FappyMcFapper79 Win User

Almost entire ready to install library has vanished.

Also the games have completely vanished from my library. But I am able to download them through the store.
  5. RedEye Expr3ss Win User

Reputation check

At least the term "Entitlement" suddenly seems to have vanished with the beards that it came from.
  6. DrunkenAcid Win User

What is with these Xbox Live storage limits?

Hi Son,

The term 'unlimited' here is kind of misleading. While you will always have space for your save files and data files from games, your cloud storage space is still limited based on the number of games you have. As you add more games to your library, your
    storage space in the cloud will grow, allowing for more content to be uploaded, to it is virtually 'unlimited' in that sense. However, it is still limited with the amount of space you actually have at one time, and as you create more clips and upload them
    to the cloud, that space gets used up. I'm not exactly sure how much space you are getting per game, but your best thing to do is to go through your videos and delete any old ones that you don't want any more, and make sure you delete it from "everywhere"
    since it most likely lives on both the Xbox and in the cloud. This should help you clear up some space to be able to upload some more videos to the cloud. I hope this helps clarify a few things for you. :)
Thema:

1. Games suddenly vanish from library, but storage space is still being used - Similar Threads - Games suddenly vanish

2. Xbox won’t let me play games all the sudden

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox won’t let me play games all the sudden: I’m playing games on my friends account as I have done hundreds of times with his permission, I was playing about an hour ago and decided to login because he was off-line and at work. Xbox will...
  3. Xcloud games suddenly not loading

in XboX Insiders
    Xcloud games suddenly not loading: I'm in Brazil. Yesterday xcloud was working great, games loaded pretty quickly and low latency. Now for some reason I'm stuck at the spaceship loading screen. Can anyone help me out? submitted by...
  4. My computer started fps dropping and stuttering when i play a game suddenly.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My computer started fps dropping and stuttering when i play a game suddenly.: Hi, I bought my pc almost 2 years ago, i've always been playing 2 games on it, they weren't so heavy( Genshin Impact and League Of Legends). Near April/May 2021 my pc started stuttering and...
  5. Premium xbox games installed on Windows 10 suddenly showing ads

in XBoX on Windows
    Premium xbox games installed on Windows 10 suddenly showing ads: I have had premium Solitaire for years and renewed it in April 2021. Now it is showing ads. I have updated my system--what do I do next? 5c2a7f4f-c5b8-4868-83d2-36e55b3fd9f3
  6. Xbox Game Pass cloud via browser suddenly stopped working

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Game Pass cloud via browser suddenly stopped working: I got my invitation about 2 months ago (as far as I remember), I've played couple of times using web browser, however now I get an error " Access to Xbox Cloud Gaming (Beta) on xbox.com is invite...
  7. Xbox Game App suddenly lost most of my storage drives

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game App suddenly lost most of my storage drives: Hi, I'd been using the Xbox app with the MS Game pass recently, but upon logging in today, all my games were missing from the app. When I go to the games on its store, it believes they are not...
  8. Suddenly can’t play cloud gaming.

in XboX Insiders
    Suddenly can’t play cloud gaming.: For the past couple of days, I was trying out the cloud gaming feature. Out of nowhere though, i suddenly wasn’t able to check it out and kept getting stumped with the message saying it’s...
  9. Xbox One X Sudden Very Bad Framerate On Some Games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Sudden Very Bad Framerate On Some Games: Today I have had a problem with my Xbox One X, I have been playing Forza Horizon 4 for ages now.., But today I started the game and its started stuttering really badly...The framerate dropped so...
  10. Xbox app game pass suddenly disappearing from my account.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox app game pass suddenly disappearing from my account.: Dont know I'd xbox PC counts but here we go. Around 3-4 days I go I bought xbox game pass ultimate which gave me game pass for 1 month + 2 extra free months. Now when I try to launch or download a...