Games taking too long to start and external storage too weak to use

Discus and support Games taking too long to start and external storage too weak to use in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; For the past month I've had an issue with my xbox saying files were corrupt. So I would uninstall and reinstall that file just for the file to read... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GabrielSongco, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Games taking too long to start and external storage too weak to use

For the past month I've had an issue with my xbox saying files were corrupt. So I would uninstall and reinstall that file just for the file to read corrupt a week later. My xbox has been fine all the way until October of this year. I've never had this
    issue or experienced my xbox refusing to launch anything even disks. Now it wont even install or uninstall games and is saying the connection to the storage device is too weak. I usually have a terabyte storage device plugged in and my USB headphones plugged
    in. I tried switching the ports and the external device too weak to use will go away but it still wont launch anything. I've never had my xbox act like this and I've tried every matter of help I could find on forums and support sites. This is very disheartening

:)

GabrielSongco, Nov 20, 2018
  2. Taking too long to start

I keep getting an error message

Whatever I select it doesn’t load and then I get a message stating “......is taking too long to load”

Around the same time a message stating

German is available for Fortnite message started to pop up

I have tired re booting, re starting, clearing cache and game data, and checking all my settings. My network connection is fine but it still keeps happening

Help please!

Awsome Ollie H, Nov 20, 2018
  3. WPAK
    WPAK Guest
    Taking too long to start

Hi there,

please try the manual power cycle steps like mentioned on the following link, be sure to wait at least 60 seconds before powering on again:
    Restart or Power Cycle Xbox One Console

If that doesn't do anything then please try a factory reset (with keeping games and apps installed) via the steps mentioned here:

Reset Xbox One Console to Factory Defaults

Let us know the results

4. XBF Diego M
    XBF Diego M Guest

Hi Gabriel,

I'm sorry to hear about this frustrating issue being experienced with your Xbox. I'd be happy to try and help you.

Would you mind letting us know what steps you have tried from support that didn't work? That way we know what direction to go in.

We have a very helpful article on our support website that deals with instances where your games won't start or take too long to start. Make sure to follow the guide step by step select "No" at any step you have already tried that didn't work.

https://support.xbox.com/games/troubleshooting/game-freeze-solution

XBF Diego M, Nov 20, 2018
  5. choppyseize
    choppyseize Guest
    Hi Gabriel,

I would also check to make sure your external HDD hasn't run it's course, Like all electronic's, they can get old and stop working as they used to.

choppyseize, Nov 20, 2018
  6. Hello Gabriel!

Sorry to hear that you're dealing with this issue trying to play on your console and/or installing your games.

I would suggest that if you're experiencing troubles and they are starting to get constant it might be time to some maintenance by performing what we call a soft reset of your console.
    It's a reset of your console back to factory settings but one that does not uninstall any of your games or apps and is a really good troubleshooting step for most issues.

Just make sure that before you go ahead with it, that you do know all of the sign-in information for any/all of your accounts(asthey
    will be removed) and have easy access to your internet network.

Also make sure that you select the option denoted
    reset and keep my games and apps.

Follow the steps here on
    How to reset your console to factory defaults on Xbox One
    and let us know how that helps with the issue

Hope this was helpful

Thanks!

XBF Esteban R, Nov 6, 2018
  7. XBF Esteban R Win User

Hello Gabriel!

Sorry to hear that you're dealing with this issue trying to play on your console and/or installing your games.

I would suggest that if you're experiencing troubles and they are starting to get constant it might be time to some maintenance by performing what we call a soft reset of your console.
    It's a reset of your console back to factory settings but one that does not uninstall any of your games or apps and is a really good troubleshooting step for most issues.

Just make sure that before you go ahead with it, that you do know all of the sign-in information for any/all of your accounts(asthey
    will be removed) and have easy access to your internet network.

Also make sure that you select the option denoted
    reset and keep my games and apps.

Follow the steps here on
    How to reset your console to factory defaults on Xbox One
    and let us know how that helps with the issue

Hope this was helpful

Thanks!
  8. choppyseize Win User

Hi Gabriel,

I would also check to make sure your external HDD hasn't run it's course, Like all electronic's, they can get old and stop working as they used to.
  9. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi Gabriel,

I'm sorry to hear about this frustrating issue being experienced with your Xbox. I'd be happy to try and help you.

Would you mind letting us know what steps you have tried from support that didn't work? That way we know what direction to go in.

We have a very helpful article on our support website that deals with instances where your games won't start or take too long to start. Make sure to follow the guide step by step select "No" at any step you have already tried that didn't work.

https://support.xbox.com/games/troubleshooting/game-freeze-solution
  10. WPAK Win User

Taking too long to start

11. brownt21390 Win User

ox8082000d: External storage connection too weak

Hi again,

I've power cycled the xbox and completed a soft reset.

The HDD is responding as normal and intended.

The SDD is recognized by only the right USB port when looking at the back, not the left. After being recognized for a few seconds, it disappears and cannot be accessed.

I tried swapping out for two separate cables, yet with both of these, the same error code is displayed.

As of now, it will not recognize the SDD at all, but the HDD is working properly.
Thema:

1. Games taking too long to start and external storage too weak to use - Similar Threads - Games taking too

2. Games/Apps/Xbox Crash or “Take too long to start”

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games/Apps/Xbox Crash or “Take too long to start”: I had to send my xbox one x back to Microsoft to be repaired due to no display upon startup. I exhausted every possible troubleshooting option and even took it to the local Microsoft Store before...
  3. All my games started taking too long to start, hard reset, dashboard takes too long to start

in XBoX on Consoles
    All my games started taking too long to start, hard reset, dashboard takes too long to start: So this morning i tried to open a game on xbox, and got the message that it took too long to respond. I tried other games but they also said that. After a hard reset, it took a while to start then...
  4. Games/Apps/Xbox Crash or “Take too long to start”

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games/Apps/Xbox Crash or “Take too long to start”: I had to send my xbox one x back to Microsoft to be repaired due to no display upon startup. I exhausted every possible troubleshooting option and even took it to the local Microsoft Store before...
  5. No games are working; message says taking too long to start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No games are working; message says taking too long to start: My son's XBox One has recently been having problems. It will stop working; the error message says the game is taking too long to start. We have tried rebooting. The only thing that seems to work...
  6. Error 8027025A (My App/game takes too long to launch..

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error 8027025A (My App/game takes too long to launch..: I recently got the error message (8027025a) when I launch Fortnite and Fifa 19, and I'm thrown back to the Xbox main menu. I can play some games on the console, but the mentioned games will not...
  7. Apps/games take too long to open

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Apps/games take too long to open: I bought a Xbox One X a couple weeks ago and so far about six times when i start it up none of my apps or games will open. I've tried opening different apps and games and it just goes to a loading...
  8. Game takes too long to load

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game takes too long to load: I've gotten 2 copies and downloaded the online copy and it says it takes too long to load. What do I do to play this game? 94f3257b-d06e-4919-94d3-1fa2f123581d
  9. Games taking too long to load then closing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Games taking too long to load then closing: Error code: 0x8027025a I’ve tried troubleshooting and no matter what I do it doesn’t work. This has been happening to many of my friends and I and it’s not on the service issues so I’m...
  10. Games/apps 'taking too long to load' Plus downloads stopping

in XBoX on Consoles
    Games/apps 'taking too long to load' Plus downloads stopping: So I've had this happening to me for the last 2/3 weeks now. About twice a day, sometimes more, my updates/game downloads will just suddenly halt. They won't say 'stopped', or 'pending', or...