Games, Updates and Apps Download (not working)

Discus and support Games, Updates and Apps Download (not working) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I am from Portugal and i bought my first ever X-BOX One X on the 1st of February of 2019 and i have been playing everyday till the first or... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by jjworld7, Apr 15, 2019.

1. jjworld7
    jjworld7 Guest

Hello,

I am from Portugal and i bought my first ever X-BOX One X on the 1st of February of 2019 and i have been playing everyday till the first or second week of March.

Everything was going ok like no bugs or no issues with the console but after a few weeks i started having a problem that my controller continues to disconnect repeatedly. Every single day i have to turn the controller on and off more than 10 times so it
    can finally work.

And like i was saying i stopped playing for about 2 or 3 weeks and when i turned the console on to start playing again i faced a new problem. I simply can´t download anything in this console. Games, apps, updates. nothing.

When i bought it i downloaded more than 1 Tb of games and really fast (i have fiber optique internet) and now i simply can´t download nothing. It starts but after 2 or 3 minutes it stops. Like there is no connection. It is connected via Ethernet cable but
    not even on wi-fi it works.

The games and apps just stay there on the download list because i can´t download them. I have to restart the router and the console so it can download 1 Gb or less and then it stops again over and over again.

I used to download games of 50Gb or 70Gb or more in 1 hour. And now i just can´t download nothing.

I seems like the console loses connection or something but the console is always connected.

I have a PS4 Pro right next to it and it works fine, with Ethernet cable and wi-fi so it can´t be internet problem.

Please someone help me. I am really having trouble with this because my internet is pretty good and everything was working good with the console but now i am having real trouble trying to download stuff. And i have games that i bought on Microsoft Store
    and in have Game Pass so as you can see this is a real inconvenience because i just can´t use it.

Best Regards

José Mendes

:)

jjworld7, Apr 15, 2019
  2. ForzaDrift Girl Win User

You need to powercycle your xbox by holding the on button for 5-10 seconds that clears the system cache it usually fixes the issue when you start up your xbox again
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi World,

Thanks for coming to the forums. Sorry for the issue with downloading. Sounds like it could be your connection to internet. Are you running a wireless connection or a wired connection? You can try this guide for

slow downloads

Try this and let us know.

Thanks,

Brad
  4. Cherry Dolphin Win User

Turn off the console and unplug it for 30 seconds (clears cache and turns all apps off)
  5. jjworld7 Win User

Try performing a hard reset EXACTLY like this. Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely.
    Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes.
    Plug the power cord back in and restart the console.
    Hello,

Thanks for the help but i just tried and it still does not work.

I did exactly as you said (i even done some hard resets before i posted here).

Before i did like you said i was trying to download Forza Horizon 4 (67,33 Gb). I clicked on the ''Install'' button on the Microsoft Store and i had to wait like almost 10 minutes for it to even appear on the download list. Then it appeared but didn´t automatically
    start downloading. After 2 minutes it began to download but stopped at 8,3% (i can see that i am still online but it stops like there is no connection). Then i did as you said but it´s still on 8,3% after turning it on again. It is right in front of me while
    i am writing this. Just says: Installing...

and the X-Box is on for like 20 minutes since the hard reset. Then it changed to: Installation Stopped

Thank you once gain.

Best Regards
  6. zomboman16 Win User

Completely reset the console
Thema:

1. Games, Updates and Apps Download (not working) - Similar Threads - Games Updates Apps

2. Xbox One X Freeze when game or app update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Freeze when game or app update: I bought my xbox one x this year and i noticed that xbox kind of freeze whenever there is an update for an app or a game. and what i mean by kind of freeze is app or games wont launch and will get...
  3. Games And Apps not displaying updates

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games And Apps not displaying updates: I noticed the updates screen no longer shows any updates for any of my games or apps, I refreshed the update page and loaded a game that I saw had a new icon witch usually mens it was updated. I...
  4. My games and apps can't find updates

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My games and apps can't find updates: I don't know how long this has been going on but the xbox doesn't find updates. The only way of knowing if a game needs an update is if I start the game and it says that I need to update and then...
  5. Digital games or apps not updating and/or downloading

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Digital games or apps not updating and/or downloading: Hi everyone As the title says i have a problem with downloading or updating my games/apps. For example im downloading Fallout 4 which downloaded till 28.4% and then it will stay on installation...
  6. Xbox One Stuck Updating - Can't Get Any Apps or Games to Work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One Stuck Updating - Can't Get Any Apps or Games to Work: So my Xbox One has just updated. When the update was complete my TV had no audio. When I do a hard restart (restart from settings or hold down X button on console) my console starts up and start...
  7. Issues with game updates and apps refusing to load

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Issues with game updates and apps refusing to load: Hey. Wondering if anyone can help? tried to install Just Cause 4 this morning and the disc based install went fine but refusing to install any updates for it. Just keeps saying installation...
  8. Games and Apps won't load after update

in XBoX Accessibility
    Games and Apps won't load after update: Ever since I updates my XboxOne with the Avatar update My games and apps won't load and the only way to get my Xbox back to working order is to power cycle the console until the updates section of...
  9. Xbox One X Games, Apps and updates not working!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Games, Apps and updates not working!: Hey forum goers! Since i upgraded recently from a One S to the One X i seem to be having a major bug that keeps happening to my console, i have studied thoroughly through various forums, websites...
  10. My Games & Apps not downloading updates

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Games & Apps not downloading updates: I need help! I am running my Xbox One S with a wired Ethernet connection, & an external HDD for my library of games, but whenever i go to download updates for games or install new ones, the...