Games will not start

Discus and support Games will not start in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; For about a month my xbox one s has had trouble turning on and loading games, an error code came up for the xbox not starting up correctly so i... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Kennedy0000, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Kennedy0000
    Kennedy0000 Guest

Games will not start

For about a month my xbox one s has had trouble turning on and loading games, an error code came up for the xbox not starting up correctly so i troubleshooted it and everything went back to normal exept for the games. After restarting multiple times, rebooting,
    unplugging and replugging, and troubleshooting, my games will not start and would always come up with an error code saying it took to long to start. I used the xbox assist app on xbox to check my internet connections and everything is good and there seems
    to be no problem that would make my games not start. There are no updates and I dont know how to fix this. After attempting to start my games multiple times the error screen doesent come up anymore and after a few seconds it just returns to the home screen.
    Ive only owned this xbox a little over a year and never had any trouble with it untill about a month ago.

:)

Kennedy0000, Jul 31, 2020
  2. troysch Win User

Games will not start

Hi vDittyTargaryen

Have you tried holding the Power button in for 10 seconds to shutdown Xbox One and restart? It may be that the game console was turned off while it was trying to write a save and it may be corrupted.
  3. ZNIPER ZA Win User

Games not starting

Hi. Please press and hold the power button on your console for 10 seconds to do a hard reset. Turn the console on and try again.

If that didn't work please navigate to the game under my games and apps and press the menu button and scroll down to saved data and select to delete all locally saved data. Your saved data will sync from the cloud once you open the game again
  4. hashtagdillweed Win User

No Games Will Start

Update: I got the email but the original problem continues- none of the support pages offer any further help.
  5. Pandasaur cx Win User

Game Not Starting

Whenever it does that, I just hard reset the console. That normally helps.
  6. XBF Amber M Win User

Games not starting

Hi DangerDave,

Thanks for reaching out to us with this issue. Currently, we do have an
    Xbox Live Service Alert
    out that is affecting purchases and content usage on the Xbox One platform. This may be causing some issues with purchases, however what you are describing is sounding like a 2K server error message and you may wish to check to see
    if it is their servers that are having an issue. You can do so by clicking
    here

I hope that this helps out!
Thema:

Games will not start

1. Games will not start - Similar Threads - Games start

2. Grounded can't start the game

in XBoX on Windows
    Grounded can't start the game: Hi. This message pops up when I try to start the game.. Help? [img] 671b0953-7cd3-4298-9ca0-4e77fd1bc373
  3. Xbox Live Gold free game does not want to start.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Live Gold free game does not want to start.: I recently bought Xbox Live Gold, I wait for free games every month, except that when I download and start them, they get an error message, which is: You need to connect an Xbox 360 hard drive to...
  4. Xbox one Lag, restart , game won’t Start??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one Lag, restart , game won’t Start??: I have been having different issues with my xb one lagging , errors , Frezzing up, repetively ??? i am connected by wire (wifi) service high speed !! we need too reboot do ee csn access...
  5. Microsoft requires you to be online to start a Xbox Play anywhere game

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft requires you to be online to start a Xbox Play anywhere game: I recently purchased Astroneer for my Xbox and I noticed it was a play anywhere game. I put it on my laptop and made sure to turn on the allow games to be played offline option in the microsoft...
  6. Can't start a custom game of halo 3 in MCC due to a bug telling me that I'm not allowed to...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't start a custom game of halo 3 in MCC due to a bug telling me that I'm not allowed to...: So Yeah I have a problem where a pop up keep telling me that I can't views or use generated content until I change the setting. The thing is that The setting in question is already enable to...
  7. Cant download any game nor start any from xbox beta pc app.

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant download any game nor start any from xbox beta pc app.: Hi i had just tried to install minecraft dungeons and i got a error 0x80073cfc i thought ok its just a problem w the game and it will be fixed soon but then i tried another game i got the same...
  8. Problem with game starting

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem with game starting: Ive been trying to start Call of Duty Modern Warfare for quite a while restarting the console and it still doesnt work. What do i have to do to fix this ? 8ed987e5-f7b2-4249-8cc0-64334e9e3098
  9. Xbox freezing and when start a game it makes a loud noise and kicks out of the game!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox freezing and when start a game it makes a loud noise and kicks out of the game!: Im trying to fix my sons xbox. when we go into GTA the screen goes black and makes a loud noise and exits from the game. Also, when I go into Fortnite, it just kicks back out of the game. And...
  10. games do not start with xbox game pass

in XBoX on Windows
    games do not start with xbox game pass: Downloaded grounded and human fall flat with xbox game pass doesn't launch anything. Updated windows to latest version but nothing works. [img] At first, it gave a file system error...