Games With FPS Boost Off By Default

Discus and support Games With FPS Boost Off By Default in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Thought I would post it here just in case it is a possible issue but I'm noticing a pattern with FPS boosted games where it's off by default, they are... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/WoodlandSpirit, May 4, 2021.

1. Games With FPS Boost Off By Default

Thought I would post it here just in case it is a possible issue but I'm noticing a pattern with FPS boosted games where it's off by default, they are all X Enhanced games.

Now according to the official blurb these games have resolution drops when FPS boost is turned on but trying out some of these games it feels like there is more going on than that as I'm noticing an overall quality drop in graphics, not just lower resolution.

My current theory to this is when the boost is on its not running the games in X Enhanced mode and can be tested with Gears 4, boost off it labels itself X Enhanced but boost on that label is not there.

If this is by design then to say there is just a resolution drop is misleading as there are other graphic qualities being lost too in the process that X Enhanced games also benefited from.

submitted by /u/WoodlandSpirit
    [link] [comments]

/u/WoodlandSpirit, May 4, 2021
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

fps boost

Hi,

Pretty sure you don't have to 'turn it on', it just runs at 120fps now from the get go. The same is true for Far Cry 3, Watchdogs 2 and Sniper Elite 4. These games were 30 fps on base Xbox and One X, but now run at 60fps on Series hardware without the user needing to change anything.
  3. Mr. Thomas Win User

ea doesn't care

Boosting is usually dealt with by dev's and not MS. I know, it sucks, but there will always be boosters in FPS game's as long as there are unlocks.
  4. gripshos Win User

Alan Wake has low rate fps in pc (Solved)

This is what i would guess as well. A less than ideal solution could be to lower the graphics settings to try to boost the FPS
  5. HyperSMB Win User

Question chaps?

While personally I feel Auto-Aim is useful and should be a default feature in console FPS gaming, a mode without it could be interesting.
  6. Undeadfire Zero Win User

Skill

[quote user="Queen x HunT3r"]Lol Cod takes no skill, but I do think Halo does take skill.

[/quote]

This! ^^ A lot of things have been shown that the game doesn't make you skillful at FPS. Call of Duty seriously boosts you up to make you think you're good at FPS. It really isn't that skillful.
Thema:

Games With FPS Boost Off By Default

1. Games With FPS Boost Off By Default - Similar Threads - Games FPS Boost

2. FPS Boost reduces only and specifically resolution in some games? Or it also disable any...

in XboX Insiders
    FPS Boost reduces only and specifically resolution in some games? Or it also disable any...: Decided to test Battlefield 1 right now using FPS Boost on Series X and, don't know if it's because I was so used to 4K, but the graphics really look like those from Xbox One S and not Xbox One X!...
  3. Does MS allow keyboard & mouse in XBOX FPS games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does MS allow keyboard & mouse in XBOX FPS games?: I'm playing a game called Destiny2 on Xbox. It's a great game. Recently, however, the interest in the game has been decreasing as we met users who use keyboards and mice on PVP. It won't be just...
  4. Valve Xbox 360 games mouse and keyboard support and fps unlocked

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Valve Xbox 360 games mouse and keyboard support and fps unlocked: Hello this is a request and its probably not gonna happen but can Microsoft tell valve to port the pc versions of left 4 dead, left 4 dead 2, csgo, team fortress for xbox one and xbox series X and...
  5. FPS boost off for Prey and other recent enabled games

in XboX Insiders
    FPS boost off for Prey and other recent enabled games: I am in preview alpha skip-ahead and every title from the recent drop of games with FPS boost enabled have the option disabled: https://imgur.com/a/6bCwdrw I restarted the console numerous times...
  6. Does fps boost for old games decrease input lag?

in XboX Insiders
    Does fps boost for old games decrease input lag?: Is fps boost just a visual upgrade like what some tvs can do with "soap opera effect"? Or will the game engine actually check for controller inputs quicker like in real fps increase? submitted...
  7. Xbox Game Bar Fps Counter

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar Fps Counter: [img] [img] Can't find fps option anywhere please help i've tryed updating this app but couldn't and 'im not the administrator on computer so cant access program files and all please help...
  8. fps cap with in game limiter, RTSS and Nvidia control panel

in XBoX on Windows
    fps cap with in game limiter, RTSS and Nvidia control panel: Hi ,I have 2 questions 1.can limiting fps hurt a gpu?(i know its a silly question but i need to prove it to someone) 2.which one of frame limit options is better ? i usually use RTSS or in game...
  9. Getting 11 fps in fo76 using pc game pass.

in XBoX on Windows
    Getting 11 fps in fo76 using pc game pass.: As the title says, I am getting an extremely low fps in the game. I have a pretty good pc, with an amd 3800x cpu and a rx 5700 gpu w/ 16gb of ram. I can run rdr2 with a mixture of high and ultra...
  10. wolfenstein youngblood 20 fps ???? xbox game pass (pc)

in XBoX on Windows
    wolfenstein youngblood 20 fps ???? xbox game pass (pc): hello i am getting really bad fps in wolfenstein youngblood gamepass pc version. my setting is at lowest it can be and my specs aren't that bad. cpu: ryzen 7 4800hs gpu : 1660ti max Q 6gb...