Games won't start... Shows up startup screen and closes itself to Home Screen

Discus and support Games won't start... Shows up startup screen and closes itself to Home Screen in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I own Xbox One. I am using this from last 4 years. Recently i could not use it for 6 months or so. It was sitting idle in power off state. Last week i... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Prasad N Bhat, Mar 26, 2020 at 4:23 AM.

1. Games won't start... Shows up startup screen and closes itself to Home Screen

I own Xbox One. I am using this from last 4 years. Recently i could not use it for 6 months or so. It was sitting idle in power off state.

Last week i switched it on and it said to update and i updated. After updating it is not launching any games. It shows up the initial screen and and goes black screen and returns to home screen. I have tried with "Just Dance 2016" and "GTA 5". If I install
    any free less intense games the console plays without any issues. It can open other apps like internet explorer and skype

I have tried every possible solution which i found on internet

1. Restarting power cycle

2. Resetting the network MAC address

3. Clear the game cache, reserved space etc

4. Uninstall, reinstall game

5. Factory reset (2 times)

Nothing seems to work. When tried to call Microsoft support center the eait times are always 50 to 60 minutes

As I have lost all hopes, posting this here as a last try. If anybody got any suggestions would be great

:)

Prasad N Bhat, Mar 26, 2020 at 4:23 AM
Thema:

Games won't start... Shows up startup screen and closes itself to Home Screen

1. Games won't start... Shows up startup screen and closes itself to Home Screen - Similar Threads - Games won't start

2. Some Game Pass Games Won't Start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Some Game Pass Games Won't Start: I've had the gamepass on my Xbox for a while now and never had an issue. But, a few days ago i tried playing Ori and the Will of the Wisps and it wouldn't go past the black screen that appears...
  3. XboxOneX Blank Screen / unable to log in / Games won't start

in XBoX on Consoles
    XboxOneX Blank Screen / unable to log in / Games won't start: At least once a day i encounter anyone of the following problems when i start the console up, a black screen (Hard Reset to fix), Can't log into my profile (Hard Reset to fix) or games just don't...
  4. 360 games won't start on Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    360 games won't start on Xbox One: I'm trying to play Portal 2 on my Xbox One but it's coming up with an error when I click on the game icon to run/install it. The error says "Something went wrong. Give it another try. If this...
  5. HELP MY GAME WON'T START

in XBoX Games and Apps
    HELP MY GAME WON'T START: So I decided to update my console using a hotspot, it finished but then Red Dead Redemption 2 started to update and I ran out of hotspot (I DO NOT HAVE WIFI) well I canceled the update, game...
  6. Game won't start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game won't start: So just before about Operation Health I bought Rainbow Six Siege and absolutely loved it haven't stopped playing since and even went on to spend roughly about $50 possibly more on said game but...
  7. Games won't install start download - digital purchase

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games won't install start download - digital purchase: Good Morning, I purchased a couple of games in the Black Friday sale late last week. Since then I have been unable to download these to my external hard drive. I press resume all (to begin the...
  8. Xbox won't start installing none og my games or uodates

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox won't start installing none og my games or uodates: Hey guys.did try to contanct a real support from xbox team but i got only leads to virtual helps so i'll ask here. Does someone have a clue what to do cause my games from library won't install...
  9. XBOX One. Games won't start.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX One. Games won't start.: I just bought a XBOX Game Pass-subscription, again. Now my games won't start. None of the games, not even the ones I've bought in Microsoft Store or on a disc. What's wrong?...
  10. Games won't start at all

in XBoX on Windows
    Games won't start at all: I recently got the gamepass xbox for pc beta, downloaded three games (outer worlds, gears and an indie game). I've now tried continue to play Outer Worlds and it does not start, neither of the...