Games won’t start

Discus and support Games won’t start in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; when we insert a game cd into the xbox drive a message pops up saying We need to read the license, check to see if dirty or scratched, this is... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by burnsclanburns, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Games won’t start

when we insert a game cd into the xbox drive a message pops up saying

We need to read the license, check to see if dirty or scratched, this is happening with almost all games we put in. It sometimes happens over and over and over, sometimes it will just start up a game no problem. Cds are not dirty or scratched

:)

burnsclanburns, Feb 12, 2019
  2. Cloud Gear 13 Win User

Games won’t start :-(

Uninstalled the games, wait a while then install them again, the problem should resolve that way!
  3. XBF Amber M Win User

Games won’t start

Hi there Burns,

Thanks for replying to keep us updated on the issue. I noticed that you stated that you stated you get the message asking if you owned the game/held the license was only happening with some games that you are trying to put in, but not all. Are these Xbox
    One games or Xbox 360 games, or both?

On the off chance that the ones that are affected are 360 games, you may wish to try re-downloading your profile in the 360 emulator portion of the Xbox One to see if it refreshes the licenses. You can access that area by launching any 360 game (in this
    case, you may wish to do so with a digitally downloaded one), and when the 360 logo appears, press the View & Menu buttons on the controller (2 small buttons in the center) for a few seconds. This should prompt the 360 Guide to appear. Once it does,

remove your profile, then re-download it to the console
    , then attempt to launch your disc game.

Let us know the results and we are awaiting your reply. I hope this helps a bit more.
  4. DerVaddi Win User

Games won’t start

5. XBF Steven R Win User

Games won’t start :-(

Hey there fR34kJR!

Sorry to hear that you're dealing with difficulty trying to boot up your games.

Well, if you haven't yet, then I would totally recommend trying the steps on "My Xbox One game won't start or freezes during gameplay".

When you get a chance, give that a shot and let us know how that helped in resolution of the problem.

Wish ya well!

Thanks for reading!
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

Games won’t start

Hi there!

I'm sorry to hear that the issue is persisting after trying the steps listed.

I see that a factory reset was mentioned earlier and I suggest at this point to go ahead and give a

soft factory reset
    a try. This will give you the benefits of restoring the operating system to factory defaults while keeping your games and apps intact. Make sure you select keep my games and apps and also have your Xbox account login information available
    since you will need to re-add any profile's you had before the reset.

Give that a try and let us know how it goes!
Thema:

Games won’t start

1. Games won’t start - Similar Threads - Games won’t start

2. Xbox won’t play or open games and some apps or they load and kick to home screem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox won’t play or open games and some apps or they load and kick to home screem: my xbox wont open some games and apps and the ones that do open start loading and get kicked to the home screen . Last game played was fortnite and took forever to get in a match and when i did...
  3. 360 Games Multiplayer Won’t Work On Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    360 Games Multiplayer Won’t Work On Xbox One: Everytime I load up halo reach or left 4 dead 2 it says I cant connect to xbox live. I went to “test multiplayer connection” & “test network connection” many times and nothing changed , I even...
  4. My game won’t start up

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My game won’t start up: I was playing madden 20 just fine last night and now it wont start up 9675cebd-99e1-4509-8453-5531a78e6bf3
  5. Games won’t start :-(

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games won’t start :-(: my BF5 and anthem demo won’t start. If i select one of them it will go to the titlescreen and pop back te xbox home. What can i do about it? Xbox reset won’t help taking out and putting back in...
  6. The games I paid for won’t start because of your system failure !!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The games I paid for won’t start because of your system failure !!!: Can’t play my games that I paid you because of your system problems. I’m so sick why do I stay with x-box if you guys can’t let me play my own games !!!?? This is frustrating! Fix this !!...
  7. Game won’t start, restarts in the middle of the loading screen for batman Arkham knight

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game won’t start, restarts in the middle of the loading screen for batman Arkham knight: my game keeps restarting every time I start it, it will get to the loading screen for Batman arkham knight and stops. I just bought the game on the xbox store and it’s never loaded. It is the...
  8. My game won’t start up

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My game won’t start up: I keep trying to start up Witcher 3 wild hunt it crashes and says it can’t start up I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game multiple times and have even factory reset my console but using the...
  9. Game Won’t Stary And Kicks Me EveryTime I Start It

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Won’t Stary And Kicks Me EveryTime I Start It: so I’m having a problem that everytime i start rainbow six siege it won’t open the game and it is up to date 8c5ec0a8-055c-4f86-a401-667e99605fd5
  10. Xbox one Game won’t load or start.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one Game won’t load or start.: Xbox one game refuses to start and continually gives message “SOMETHING WENT WRONG Give it another try. If this happens again, let us know by entering 0x8b050033 at Xbox.com/errorhelp so we can...