Gameshare keeps switching without manually changing it

Discus and support Gameshare keeps switching without manually changing it in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Me and my friend are gamesharing with each other but what keeps happening is My profile keeps making the Xbox I play on as my home xbox which means it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TheDopeLlama, Mar 20, 2020.

1. TheDopeLlama
    TheDopeLlama Guest

Me and my friend are gamesharing with each other but what keeps happening is My profile keeps making the Xbox I play on as my home xbox which means it stops gamesharing to him, but he is still gamesharing to me. Why does this happen? no one could've changed
    it because I'm the only one that uses this Xbox.

:)

TheDopeLlama, Mar 20, 2020
  2. steeledwand7664 Win User

The ONLY way for this to happen is for someone to sign into your account and go into the settings and set that console as your profiles home console.
  3. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

Are you sure that nobody else in your household has access to your console? It has to be manually changed, unless it's not going through properly when you are setting your Home Xbox to his console. But also, be aware, that gamesharing is only intended
    for use for families within the same household. If you are gamesharing with friends in other houses/towns/States/Countries, this is against the rules and could result in both of your accounts being suspended.
  4. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

Home Xbox

You are not meant to change it that much. You are allowed 5 changes per year and this should be more than enough as it's only meant to change with family members in the same household. Just FYI, this is not meant for people to keep switching with friends
    in other houses for the purpose of gamesharing. That is against CoC and can result in account bans.
  5. lordcontrataca302011 Win User

Battlefield 4 issues.. (Xbox One)

Having the same issue too. notice that sometimes when some update stop installing, it picks random games and start downloading without my knowledge. if that problem keep going Im going to switch to manual update instead of auto updates.
  6. WebbiestFool05 Win User

Set home Xbox limits

You know gameshare only work on one console per switch right so if one console is gamesharing i dont see how that is abusing
Thema:

1. Gameshare keeps switching without manually changing it - Similar Threads - Gameshare keeps switching

2. Xbox live Gamesharing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live Gamesharing: My friend gameshared me a few games and i was able to easily download them. He also has xbox live so I decided that I would play online with him. When i tried to play, a popup occured telling me...
  3. Rainbow Six Siege Gameshare

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Rainbow Six Siege Gameshare: Hi, So me and my friend have been game sharing for several months now with no problems. He managed to install the gemstone weapon skins and the year 4 pass off of me and I installed the safari...
  4. Accounts not on my Home Xbox after Gamesharing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Accounts not on my Home Xbox after Gamesharing: So I'm having issues with my Account on my Home Xbox. I was at my buddies, that I gameshare with, last night and logged into his Xbox to play on my account. I left, came home today and tried to...
  5. Xbox gamesharing not working

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox gamesharing not working: Me and my bestfriend had been game sharing with each other for about 1 year now. We also added each other as family members on xbox. Everything was going well, no problems, we were playing each...
  6. Gamesharing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamesharing: So i got a new xbox today and i put my account on it and i was gamesharing with my friend. Now i went to look at my games and none of his games were there. How do i fix this issue?...
  7. My gameshared dlcs arnt working.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My gameshared dlcs arnt working.: So i got some dlcs from my buddy and i got the dlcs and i installed them but when i got in game they werent there. help please ca7398e7-435f-44f8-8b5c-a01994b64dbb
  8. Gameshare befenefits

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gameshare befenefits: This feels specific if it helps my problem is th my gameshared xbox ultimate gamepass benefits wont work on my x account but have already set up game share setting before and reset once after...
  9. Can you gameshare and keep home xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you gameshare and keep home xbox?: I want to game share with another but I still want to have my console as the home Xbox; is that possible? To develop on this, is there a way to game share ( which I think you need to put your...
  10. Keep getting signed out on gameshare

in XBoX Accessibility
    Keep getting signed out on gameshare: When I'm playing a game and my girlfriend turns on her xbox, its signs into my account on her xbox first before switching to her profile. Thus kicking me out of whatever I'm playing on my console....