Gaming Gaps

Discus and support Gaming Gaps in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi as a long time gamer. I would like to hear your stories about difficulties you have had examining gaming to an older audience. With Gaming being... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by JFate777, Feb 4, 2020.

1. JFate777
    JFate777 Guest

Gaming Gaps

Hi as a long time gamer. I would like to hear your stories about difficulties you have had examining gaming to an older audience. With Gaming being used as a tool to help combat mental illness it may be more important now to help our elders get into gaming
    as a leisure activity. What have been your struggles?

:)

JFate777, Feb 4, 2020
  2. MindOfTim Win User

Gaming Gaps

Even just trying to teach my dad how to control a FPS game was hard. He couldn't get the hang of how left stick moves the character and right stick looks around, he kept going from looking up to the ceiling to down at the floor while spinning around. This
    was one of the longest 4 hours of my life.

I tried to teach my grandma once how to play crash bandicoot but she didnt understand why a bandicoot was able to spin so fast it could make humans fly off
  3. Mikeysoonerfan Win User

Gaming Gaps

Today's age, I mean you basically have 3 generations gaming now. Yeah I. Sure there are still people out there that don't get . I thhave know as a whole most people do now.
  4. No One IX Win User

Gaming Gaps

Well, I have a relative who I keep bugging to try playing videogames because she is afraid of having Alzheimer like a great grandmother had. I have read that because of the required focus and constant change of the level attention, gaming is a good way
    to keep the mind active. She does read a lot, so I guess that also works for her.
  5. Reactor Leak SF Win User

Gaming Gaps

Older Audience gaming was the cornerstone of the rise of the Nintendo Wii. It gave adults an outlet with family friendly games and the ability to now move around with some mental and physical exercise. No one ever thought retirement homes would ever want
    or need consoles until the kids of the Atari 2600 generation (like me) got to their 60s a few decades from now.
  6. Vinniebe86 Win User

Gaming Gaps

I feel it helps you being engaged and it helps older generation.

My parents find video games amazing and my mother thinks I watching a movie because she can't believe the way make games.

This a interesting topic.

I always believe that gaming is entertainment just film and TV.
Thema:

Gaming Gaps

1. Gaming Gaps - Similar Threads - Gaming Gaps

2. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox Game Pass Ultimate: If I buy the Xbox games pass ultimate at 1 dollar right now and it goes back to 17 dollars, will I continue to pay for a dollar or will I have to pay for 17 dollars?...
  3. Game Pass on PC not working.

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Pass on PC not working.: I have two xboxs and they are set as muy home Xbox so I can get any game the other purchases. But for some reason when i am signed into the acount that doenst have game pass it wont let me...
  4. Xbox Game Pass PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass PC: Eu não consigo instalar quase nenhum jogo na microsoft store, sempre que eu aperto pra instalar a janela crasha. Os do Game Pass -[Translation - I can not install almost any game in the microsoft...
  5. Promoção de jogos no Xbox One[Translation-Promotion of games on Xbox One]

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Promoção de jogos no Xbox One[Translation-Promotion of games on Xbox One]: Não é bem uma dúvida, é mais uma curiosidade: será que essa semana vai sair alguma promoção boa no xbox? Achei estranho porque segunda feira colocaram apenas os Far Cry's e mais alguns jogos em...
  6. Crítica a Microsoft/Xbox sobre os jogos da game Wirth Gold do mês de Junho.

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Crítica a Microsoft/Xbox sobre os jogos da game Wirth Gold do mês de Junho.: Um dos motivos que me causa certa decepção e quando eu, aguardo alguma coisa , com muito entusiasmo e expectativa , elevada até no momento de receber realmente, surge a revelação e as minhas...
  7. Update has removed game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Update has removed game: I purchased an xbox one with gears of War 5 included. I had a new system update, now my game has disappeared and I can not download it again and my code for the games says it has already been...
  8. GAME PASS doesn't need to be listed on EVERY GAME now.

in XboX Insiders
    GAME PASS doesn't need to be listed on EVERY GAME now.: Recently an updated added a tacky GAME PASS icon to the corner of all the games that are gamepass, it's good to know what games in your library are gamepass but this is just fugly. We REALLY...
  9. Games missing after turning on brand new xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games missing after turning on brand new xbox: Xbox installed games not showing / missing - how to fix? I have a new Xbox One X, purchased and set up at the in May 2020 it has a 1TB external drive attached. In the 10 days since we set it up...
  10. Paid for Game Pass but It's Not Available

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Paid for Game Pass but It's Not Available: I'm having issues loading up any game that I've previously downloaded from the Game Pass. I've checked my current subscriptions and my Game Pass subscription is up to date and paid for. Every time...