Gears 5 DLC code sent by pop-up notification not recorded in Windows Xbox App...

Discus and support Gears 5 DLC code sent by pop-up notification not recorded in Windows Xbox App... in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; While playing a (non-xbox app) game (Apex Legends), I received a pop-up notification delivered by the Xbox Windows App. From the first line of the... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by RobinChaddock, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Gears 5 DLC code sent by pop-up notification not recorded in Windows Xbox App...

While playing a (non-xbox app) game (Apex Legends), I received a pop-up notification delivered by the Xbox Windows App.

From the first line of the message, it appeared to be something to do with me earning a Gears 5 DLC code.

However,

a) I was busy in-game

b) the message disappeared long before I had chance to do anything about it. (In truth I've no idea how to interact with notifications delivered through the Windows Xbox App overlay anyway)

After I'd finished playing Apex Legends, I had a look in the Windows Xbox App for a way to recall this notification.

I found that there's a 'Notifications' tab, however it contains no recorded messages.

How do I view past notifications? or has this message not been logged for later reading?

If the Xbox Windows App doesn't work properly (forgivable as it is considered a beta), is there some provision for accessing this information through the Microsoft website?

Why is valuable information like a DLC code being sent solely through Xbox notifications, when it is evidently an unreliable/ephemeral messaging system?

Should they not also be sent through something more reliable & persistent, like email?

If a customer service agent sees this, can I please have the DLC code resent to me?

This time ideally via email, so the same problem doesn't reoccur?

:)

RobinChaddock, Oct 1, 2019
  2. RobinChaddock Win User

Gears 5 DLC code sent by pop-up notification not recorded in Windows Xbox App "Notifications"; lost?

Never mind the issue resolved itself.

The missed message eventually appeared in my notification tab, though it took over 30 minutes to do so.

Suggestion:

Missed messages should appear in the notification tab *immediately*, not at some indeterminate future point in time.
  3. David 42 Win User

Console Companion messages from friends keep repeating over and over again in Notifications

It supports messages. It supports person-to-person messages, one-on-one chat. What it doesn't support is Group Messaging, which is what the Game Bar is for. The problem isn't with the Console Companion or Game Bar, it's with how the messages are being sent
    through the Notifications app (in the lower right hand corner of any PC) and how message notifications are endlessly repeating, both in the Notifications window, and the pop-ups that slide in from the right side of the screen.
  4. ICBMHeadshot Win User

Please Help! Xbox One records game play randomly

It doesn't pop up twice. Its the same notification pop-up, the text switches from Game clip recorded to what ever the achievement title was.
  5. xdlugia Win User

Windows 10 games achievements not displaying notification

I have the same problem. I do still get the achievements (they pop up on my phone via the Xbox app), but my PC tells me nothing.

This problem came after I updated Windows and installed the Xbox beta app, so it might be a bug related to that.

So far I've only tried Recore and Ori.

And yes, I have notifications for achievements enabled in the Xbox settings and I have notifications enabled for all the Xbox apps in the Windows settings.
  6. Onyx Is Here Win User

Xbox Console Companion: how to allow chat notifications pop-up via Windows?

If you're logged into a Windows 10 PC on the Xbox Companion App then Windows 10 should show you when messages are sent. If you open the app and click on Settings then Notifications you'll be able to set what you see from Xbox
Thema:

Gears 5 DLC code sent by pop-up notification not recorded in Windows Xbox App...

1. Gears 5 DLC code sent by pop-up notification not recorded in Windows Xbox App... - Similar Threads - Gears DLC code

2. Gears 5 ultimate just released have early access and 4 dlc, codes verified, but no content...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gears 5 ultimate just released have early access and 4 dlc, codes verified, but no content...: As i stated above and here again. 1) Gears 5 ultimate just released have early access and 4 dlc, codes verified, but no content in Xbox one x, why not? called, and got return calls, all...
  3. Not recieved DLC codes for participating in promotion for over an year for gears of war UE

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Not recieved DLC codes for participating in promotion for over an year for gears of war UE: Hi, I participated in the following promotion for GEARS OF WAR ULTIMATE EDITION which states that all IDs that play the game during a certain time period(between which I did play) they would...
  4. Missing The Brothers to the End Elite Gear Pack DLC code.

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Missing The Brothers to the End Elite Gear Pack DLC code.: Pre-orderd Gears of War 4 Ultimate Edition, still missing the pre order bonus DLC: The Brothers to the End Elite Gear Pack. 67dfef56-aa13-46f4-9230-9da7ce787ff8
  5. Still have not got any of my codes for DLC or gears 360 games.

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Still have not got any of my codes for DLC or gears 360 games.: Its been over 10 days still havent recieved any of the codes for my Gears of War Ultimate purchase and im seeing im not alone and I also see you guys are ignoring the situation and not answering...
  6. Proof ALL EDITIONS OF GEARS OF WAR 4 GET PREORDER DLC... now issue me with my code.

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Proof ALL EDITIONS OF GEARS OF WAR 4 GET PREORDER DLC... now issue me with my code.: Instead of you guys trying to make excuses it is clearly stated that all editions get preorder DLC. this is stated on your website and here is the proof... already screen shot it and date stamped...
  7. Not recieved DLC codes for participating in promotion for over an year for gears of war UE

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Not recieved DLC codes for participating in promotion for over an year for gears of war UE: Hi, I participated in the following promotion for GEARS OF WAR ULTIMATE EDITION,yet I never recieved my DLC codes for precious gears titles. The details of this promotion It has been over an...
  8. Need codes for gears of war dlc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need codes for gears of war dlc: bought gears of war ultimate edition and was told I could download gears of war 2 for free. It asks me to buy it. Was told if I post here codes will be sent to me. Thanks...
  9. Redeemed DLC Codes for Gears 4 and no content is showing under manage game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Redeemed DLC Codes for Gears 4 and no content is showing under manage game.: I receieved several codes for preordering Gears of War 4 as well as codes for having played older Gears of War games. I reddemed these codes on my Xbox One under my profile and I can't find the...
  10. Gears of war ultimate edition Missing DLC code for all previous games to be downloaded to XBOX ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gears of war ultimate edition Missing DLC code for all previous games to be downloaded to XBOX ...: Hi, purchased and played gears of war ultimate edition at launch. I either accidentally deleted or did not receive codes to download all 4 original xbox 360 games to my xbox one. I have spoke to...