Gears 5 refuses to allow me to install it on my second drive

Discus and support Gears 5 refuses to allow me to install it on my second drive in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; This is ridiculous. I have two drives. C is an SSD and after my OS it doesn't have anywhere near the 66 gigs required to install gears on it. I've... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by CritikillNick, Sep 12, 2019 at 8:32 AM.

1. Gears 5 refuses to allow me to install it on my second drive

This is ridiculous. I have two drives. C is an SSD and after my OS it doesn't have anywhere near the 66 gigs required to install gears on it.

I've never used it to install anything from the MS store nor have my settings been set to do so. The other is D, an HDD, which has hundreds of gigs available, and every other installed game from the Microsoft Store is there. So why does ONLY GEARS 5 refuse
    to allow me to select my D drive to install Gears to?

Imagine being on Steam, buying a game, and then Steam magically loses one of your drives so it refuses to allow you to install the game. Oh wait, thats literally never happened in the 15+ years I have been using Steam. So why in the world is the MS store
    so terrible that it literally refuses to acknowledge the drive on this one particular game?!

I have tried changing the storage settings to C and then back to D. It did absolutely nothing. I've restarted my computer a half a dozen times, signed out of the MS Store, used the command to reset the MS store, none of it does anything. I cannot believe
    this is even something that can happen. Just let people choose the install folder they want, period.

Edit: After going through the store it seems several other random games or apps will not allow me to install to my D drive either. The Xbox app wont, Crackdown 3 wont, Blair Witch wont, Bard's Tale IV wont, Sea of Thieves will, Astroneer will, Forza Horizon
    4 will, WHAT IS GOING ON?!

:)

CritikillNick, Sep 12, 2019 at 8:32 AM
  2. Ironwilled Win User

3. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

It could be an issue with your Windows install or any third party security software.

I know it's no where near as good as Steam. I'm going to be installing later to a secondary drive, will let you know if it works.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

I have just started to download Gears 5 via Game Pass on my D:\ drive which is a HDD. I Have four drives on my PC, two SSD's - which don't have enough space - a 3.5" Internal HDD and an external drive. Both HDD's could be selected for the install.

I can only assume the problem is with your Windows Installation or configuration. Do you have any additional security software running on your PC? What applications launch on your PC along with Windows?
  5. ngocphi Win User

Unable to redeem Gears of War 1 gift code from Gears of War 4 preorder

Gears 1 originally was refused a rating but usk allowed ultimate unknown if they lifted it for gears 1
  6. CompletelyKoi Win User

Issues with installation

Ocean; I did buy an XBox external hard drive. It was the drive that allowed me to BEGIN installation, but pauses half way through and suddenly started to reverse. It begins the installation process, now, but only lasts a few seconds before bringing up the
    "This game requires at least 7GB of storage and a hard drive" message, and restarts the process.
Thema:

1. Gears 5 refuses to allow me to install it on my second drive - Similar Threads - Gears refuses allow

2. gears of war 5

in XBoX Games and Apps
    gears of war 5: Very sorry you've had these issues. It's not cool when a game you want to play doesn't play the way it should. 89a7fceb-c8c8-472c-b8a0-96ad4d53da25
  3. Gears 5

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gears 5: I can't get back into the skiff! I can see the box with the arrow, but it is up to high to get in!! Any suggestions? [img] 04e9ec02-4199-4106-bca7-3e3d991c4201
  4. Gears 5 Ultimate Edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gears 5 Ultimate Edition: I already own the Standard Edition but if I want to upgrade to the Ultimate Edition would I have to pay the full £69.99? 997dbc16-5809-4a8d-8aa3-c9b3a31eeedf
  5. Gears 5 Game Pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gears 5 Game Pass: I recently purchased Gears 5 Standard Edition and I'm having an amazing time playing it, I have used codes through Rockstar energy drinks for in game items and noticed you can get 7 days Game Pass...
  6. Gears 5 freezes, can't play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gears 5 freezes, can't play: In the lobby for Horde it freezes when loading map, in campaign it freezes when count down hits 1. It's taken forever to get the game to load to the point where I can choose what to play, but now...
  7. Gears 5 Jack Flash Freeze still lock

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gears 5 Jack Flash Freeze still lock: I re did Act 2 chapter 4 old Derrick site again and it still did not unlock 08d29c06-015d-4eac-91a5-07de85a27de6
  8. Gears of war 2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gears of war 2: I have been unable to get into GOW2. When it goes to save on hard drive or cloud, it freezes everything. please help 23d1eca2-1af1-4400-bd16-3335a27595e3
  9. Gears of War 4 on PC refuses to download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gears of War 4 on PC refuses to download: Hello. I bought the PC version of GoW4 roughly two weeks ago, and since I've been trying to make it download. At first I thought it was because of the Windows Store glitching out due to my slow...
  10. gears of war 2,3 and judgment refuses to work on my xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    gears of war 2,3 and judgment refuses to work on my xbox one: gears of war 2,3 and judgment refuses to work on my xbox one a error code 0x8082000c keeps popping up every time put my games in I've done everything from power cycling it to remove and re-add my...