Gears of war 5 wont launch, error code (-2015295486)

Discus and support Gears of war 5 wont launch, error code (-2015295486) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I recently purchased xbox game pass ultimate so I could play Gears 5 early, however the game flat out refuses to launch and I get file... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MattStogner, Sep 9, 2019.

1. MattStogner
    MattStogner Guest

Hello everyone, I recently purchased xbox game pass ultimate so I could play Gears 5 early, however the game flat out refuses to launch and I get file system error (-2015295486). I have uninstalled and reinstalled the
    game twice now with the same result.

I also checked the system event viewer and I see this error 0x87E10802: Cannot create the process for package Microsoft.HalifaxBaseGame_1.1.56.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe because an error was encountered while preparing for activation.
    [LaunchProcess], which is also related to the crashing.

And windows 10 is up to date.

Thank you.

:)

MattStogner, Sep 9, 2019
  2. LewisSnookssnnok Win User

I have a different problem. I accidentally signed into the wrong xbox account on my first start up of the game (i had two). So I figured, it's ok I will just sign out and do it again. Now, the game won't load past the first screen where you sign in. I hit
    enter: says "Failed to sign in, try again later"

I rebooted the game. Same issue. Tried logging into my xbox account on the app. Still not working. Restarted pc twice. Still not working. I basically have an unplayable game now. Trying to reinstall. If this don't work, I'm refunding this piece of garbage.
  3. darkist1 Win User

There are fixes being worked on.

Hopefully they release a patch soon to solve this error for you.
  4. XBF Leo G Win User

Hello MattStogner,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that Gear of War 5 is not able to launch due to an internal error code that is appearing. We have a thread which has

solutions for games crashing
    . This is related to the Xbox (beta) App that you use to download the game. The section of the thread that you are looking for is labeled, "Game Install & Launch Issues." Go ahead and try out some of the solutions in the thread,
    and be sure to let us know the results!
  5. MattStogner Win User

Ok in the mean time is their anything else I can try?
  6. MattStogner Win User

Where you able to fix it? Or are you having the same issue?
Thema:

1. Gears of war 5 wont launch, error code (-2015295486) - Similar Threads - Gears war wont

2. Microsoft Store wont let me install Gears 5 without also installing Gears or War 4

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Store wont let me install Gears 5 without also installing Gears or War 4: I just purchased Gears 5 and only realized after I bought it that its a bundle that also contains Gears of War 4. Trouble is, The store won't let me just install Gears 5. It gives me no option to...
  3. Gears of war 5 wont pre install on pc Ultimate Edition no Game pass

in XBoX on Windows
    Gears of war 5 wont pre install on pc Ultimate Edition no Game pass: Do you have to have the game pass for early access? trying to install on pc after pre-ordering the ultimate edition and i keep getting the message, try again later, something happened on our end,...
  4. My codes from the Gears of War 4 package for the older games wont work

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    My codes from the Gears of War 4 package for the older games wont work: I have recently moved country and when I enter the code details, it tells me to change my language region. I have done that many times but nothing seems to work. Can you help?...
  5. Gears of War 4 wont launch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gears of War 4 wont launch: Ive been having this problem since the last update wich was on june 28, im a regular at gears 4 and i have never had this problem. since the problem started i searched how to fix it on support on...
  6. GEARS OF WAR 4, disc xbox 1 x wont install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    GEARS OF WAR 4, disc xbox 1 x wont install: Hello game will not install it gets stuck at 17%. This is from retail on disc. Is this due to launch issues? Tried restarting and making sure disc is clean. Help!...
  7. gears of war 4 wont load

in XBoX Games and Apps
    gears of war 4 wont load: Gears of war wont load on pc windows 10. it gets as far as the dark screen with the gears logo, you can even hear the ssound, but that's all. any ideas? bd2ea9e6-a3b8-4dab-bdcd-1a1bdf5a69b9
  8. downloaded gears of war but it wont start . Lost connection to the host

in XBoX Games and Apps
    downloaded gears of war but it wont start . Lost connection to the host: New xbox one with gears of war. 41abbeed-8a07-4e6a-8421-9b9444f2c838
  9. Gears Of war 3 wont sign me into xbox live

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gears Of war 3 wont sign me into xbox live: Hello, i am expericing an issue when i launch gears of war 3, everytime i try to launch it, it says SIGNED IN only.. not into xbox live and i cannot play online cause it wont connect to xbox live...
  10. ULTIMATE GEARS OF WAR WONT INSTALL

in XBoX Games and Apps
    ULTIMATE GEARS OF WAR WONT INSTALL: GAME WON'T INSTALL FROM DISC. SAYS IT IS BUT STILL GOES TO QUEUE AT TIMES. HAVE TO GO BACK AND START INSTALL AGAIN. BEEN SINCE YESTERDAY AND NO LUCK. ANY SUGGESTIONS OF WHAT MAY BE THE ISSUE...