Gems Of War - Bullying, Harassment, Exploits.

Discus and support Gems Of War - Bullying, Harassment, Exploits. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi everyone. This will be long but it needs to be... It is with a heavy heart that I've come to this forum today to express my deep concerns for a... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by UbiSubject17, May 23, 2019.

1. UbiSubject17
    UbiSubject17 Guest

Hi everyone. This will be long but it needs to be...

It is with a heavy heart that I've come to this forum today to express my deep concerns for a game that I've been playing now for 3 years. Things are happening that are going unchecked by the developers or simply brushed under the carpet.

Everything started a while ago when they introduced an in-game Global Chat window.

(This game is intended for teens & up, before I forget to mention it later.)

For months now there has been consistent daily bullying &/or harassment by many various people, against many various people. The developers introduced a "report" function but if they do ban people, it's normally for an hour or a day, and so most of the time,
    unless a person sees their email about the ban, they probably don't even know it happened.

It's a very unsafe place for children because the Global Chat often resorts to sexual content or drug related conversations. It goes unchecked.

There are no moderators.

The bullying is extensive. I reported someone yesterday along with screenshots of the chat, to the developers, and the response was "I see no evidence of bullying" so I had no choice but to copy & paste to them the very definition of Bullying from Wikipedia.
    The person I reported was a very high level player in one of the top 10 Guilds.

I run a Guild & I'm proud of the well-oiled machine that it is, I'm protective of my members & treat them all like family. There is never any animosity, I would never allow it. One of my members was severely bullied, my whole Guild was attacked, we were
    harassed, all because one of my members took 1st place on a high stakes prize leaderboard. He spent real money on the game (as did the bullies) to be able to reach that feat & he continued as far as he could until time ran out on the event, because it was
    his money, why should he be stopped from playing? The bullying was so bad, it made him quit the game completely which was an extremely sad loss to all of us. He's a veteran with 4 years invested in that game. But the devs saw 'no evidence of bullying.'

The people involved were attempting to hijack Gems Of War by cheating. They were using the game's own mechanics, exploiting them, then harassing players who defied their efforts. Basically, it was an event that takes place in a rotation of a month, so it's
    a regular event. They TOLD people not to play past a certain score level so that the top 4 #1 people can get their High Value Prize. The message was this: If you do not comply, we will rain down all hell on you & your Guild. My Guild member took that #1 spot
    because why shouldn't he? He's skilled & awesome enough to do it & claim that personal victory! And what's even more awesome, he played it fair & square.

The developers are not even understanding that all of this is wrong, it's not how games should be, people should not intimidate, bully, harass, and threaten other people, people should not use exploits or cheat their way to the top.

In the email I received from the developers today in response to my bullying report, I was victim shamed! They accused me of starting a conflict! The conflict was already there, I watched it happen over a period of 10 hours and eventually I just said to
    one person "Quit the bullying, it's just a game" - and that is what the developers considered as ME starting a conflict.

There must be many of you out there that play this game and are tired of the bullying etc that happens. So I'm asking for support here because something needs to be done to:

1: Keep the bullies in-check

2: Keep the developers in-check

3: Make it a safer game for our children to play

I hope you all can see that what has been happening is not right, it needs attention, it needs to be fixed & I appreciate any support from you. This has gone on far too long but the last straw is when the devs really don't mind exploits/cheating.

:)

UbiSubject17, May 23, 2019
  2. UbiSubject17 Win User

This is the kind of response I need.

To get Xbox to take a stance against this game that allows bullying, harassment and players to exploit game mechanics to boost their own personal gain. I need people to join me and get Xbox to keep these devs in-check, to make sure they stop victim shaming
    and actually take action on the people that hurt others.
  3. Fl0ydPinkert0n Win User

Yeah I agree with this.

Personally, I haven't experienced bullying in Gems of War, but then again, I haven't played in awhile. Also, I usually play single-player / challenges.

Like any game though, if harassment / bullying comes up, then it's best to report it.
  4. GroundOregano94 Win User

Doesn't matter how high is someone in some gild or company, or life. Only measure for human is how human he really is.
  5. Hoagy76 Win User

I am sorry to hear about your experience.

It is not fun getting bullied and you lost one of your best players over this.

It is best not to get into a flame war and you are doing the right thing by reporting them.

Heywood Hale Broun: “Sports do not build character. They reveal it.”

Replace "Sports" with "Video Games"

Though this is not true for every situation, but realize you are taking the high road and doing the right thing.

Good luck and keep wining.
  6. Edgarour Win User

yo entiendo de esta preocupación pero lastimosamente hay otras ocasiones donde ese chat sí es usado para su fin entonces dudo que lo lleguen a quitar, yo reporto a la cuenta para que no se metan con uno y así poder jugar libre de hostigamiento.
Thema:

1. Gems Of War - Bullying, Harassment, Exploits. - Similar Threads - Gems War Bullying

2. Gems of War sweepstakes

in XBoX Rewards
    Gems of War sweepstakes: Not getting extra entries,i have 1 even though ive been playing 30+ minutes daily. plz fix 811e7e6a-51f4-4840-aee9-bac406957dbf
  3. gems of war sweepstake

in XBoX Rewards
    gems of war sweepstake: hi you said if we download and play the game gems of war we will get 1 entry in a sweepstake to win some great prizes i have been playing the game for over a month and have not received 1 entry...
  4. gems of war sweepstake

in XBoX Rewards
    gems of war sweepstake: i have been playing gems of war where it says for every 30mns you play you get 1 free entry into the sweepstake well i have been playing for days and got nothing ???? why is this please...
  5. Can't get Gems of War bundle

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Can't get Gems of War bundle: www.microsoft.com/en-ca/store/p/souls-and-gold-bundle/c2x4qr8t3pw1 I can see this bundle in the Store, but I can't get it. It says "Only available as part of a bundle. Jump to bundles." and when...
  6. Launching Gems of war for Xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Launching Gems of war for Xbox one: As of 8/31/2018 I can not play Gems of war. There is a alert out for Purchasing and content usage but the game will not load. Is there something I can do to fix this or is this something only Xbox...
  7. Use of traitstones in Gems of War?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Use of traitstones in Gems of War?: How do I use my traitstones in Gems of War? Thanks, Rene` 502d2a39-1f37-4d69-800a-bcfd0545e72c
  8. Gems of War

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gems of War: I keep getting the same thing over and over about the servers being maintenance on how long will this take 88f1043d-b8a2-424e-a50e-8b8f4d639154
  9. Gems of War

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gems of War: Actually a great free-to-play game, I downloaded it on the day it came out and I am enjoying the heck out of this game. This is the game that I'm actually willing to pay micro transactions for....
  10. Gems of war

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gems of war: Wish you had something on gems of war to start over. 05694f7b-014e-49cf-a440-08353ed219ef