General Hard Drive storage question

Discus and support General Hard Drive storage question in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Greetings Xbox'ers, I'm reaching out to see if anyone knows whether I can re-use my Xbox 360 HD in an Xbox One console? Thought I'd asked before I get... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Merklito, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Merklito
    Merklito Guest

Greetings Xbox'ers,

I'm reaching out to see if anyone knows whether I can re-use my Xbox 360 HD in an Xbox One console? Thought I'd asked before I get a new HD.

Thanks!

:)

Merklito, Feb 8, 2019
  2. Merklito Win User

I suspected that's the case, but thank you all for confirming this. I might use a spare SSD with a USB 3.0 enclosure then.
  3. RandyAU93 Win User

No you can not.
    Quite correct. You'll need a new external hard drive for use with Xbox One. That drive must be native USB 3.0 or higher, and be at least 256GB in size (but no larger than 16TB). You can use any manufacturer you wish, be it Seagate, Western Digital, etc.
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Merklito,

Since you verified the answer, I will be locking this thread. Please feel free to come back to forums if you ever have any other questions or issues.

Thanks,

Brad
  5. NeoDan123 Win User

Storage question

The extra storage space will need to be connected directly to the console to be used as storage.

With the current information we have on the next generation it looks that it will also have the ability to make use of external hard drives to increase the storage capacity.
  6. Hondalove4life Win User

Xbox Hard Drive / Storage Question

Thema:

1. General Hard Drive storage question - Similar Threads - General Hard Drive

2. Has anyone noticed generally worse dashboard performance?

in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone noticed generally worse dashboard performance?: Since these last few skip ahead updates the dashboard and guide (specifically when playing games) has been performing much worse than normal. Just wanted to make sure I’m not the only one...
  3. Botched general release update? Why new 2005 Insider builds?

in XboX Insiders
    Botched general release update? Why new 2005 Insider builds?: Hello all, I'm not an insider but I always follow the news about new updates. My non-insider Xbox One X was supposed to get an update yesterday, but it never showed up, even after continually...
  4. general update (no insider) came out on April 21st, where do I find the OSU1 more updated?

in XboX Insiders
    general update (no insider) came out on April 21st, where do I find the OSU1 more updated?: People, good night! I went to the microsoft website to see the latest updates and saw that the general update came out on April 21st. I have a problem with updating the insider for 2 months and I...
  5. General Question: If we get an error message in a game and report a problem against the...

in XboX Insiders
    General Question: If we get an error message in a game and report a problem against the...: Tried searching but didn’t see anything about it. Just curious. Been experiencing an error message that doesn’t impact the gameplay just annoying. Realized I reached out to Activision but failed...
  6. Activision COD franchise and Online Gaming problems in general

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Activision COD franchise and Online Gaming problems in general: The C.O.D. Franchise used to be fun to play but now 20 yeard later is the most extremely toxic gaming environments for multiplayer online gaming. The franchise used to be teen friendly but is...
  7. General

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    General: I just want to know how bad everyone has gotten screw over this bad I need a contact to resolved the lady who refunded me also reviewed my refund. My initial request said my daughter accidentally...
  8. My xbox one does not rollback to the general build from the insider preview. Tried all...

in XboX Insiders
    My xbox one does not rollback to the general build from the insider preview. Tried all...: [IMG] submitted by /u/Krazyrj12 [link] [comments]
  9. Party Chat won’t work for twitch app or streaming in general

in XBoX on Consoles
    Party Chat won’t work for twitch app or streaming in general: I have been attempting to stream through the twitch app with others however it no longer asks the other person to allow their audio or even show that check box to allow it and I am perplexed on...
  10. I need people for nightfall ,hard strike and general playing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need people for nightfall ,hard strike and general playing: This is it add me or invite me and I will join u to help you and get help myself 3c251372-d4db-492b-a202-b508c6bec7fe