Geographical Region Shows up different In-Game then where I actually am

Discus and support Geographical Region Shows up different In-Game then where I actually am in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I currently I'm living in Ohio but every time I connect to any game servers such as Call of Duty Cold War, Its says that I'm in Alabama. Is there a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CodeNameZeroXX, Jul 31, 2022.

1. Geographical Region Shows up different In-Game then where I actually am

So I currently I'm living in Ohio but every time I connect to any game servers such as Call of Duty Cold War, Its says that I'm in Alabama. Is there a way to change this because playing with friends who are also in Ohio, My latency jumps to 150ms from about 40ms and packet loss sits between 8 and 15 percent.

:)

CodeNameZeroXX, Jul 31, 2022
  2. CodeNameZeroXX Win User

I just checked my IP address and that's is where is says that I'm in Alabama. Sorry for keeping you. I now to contact my ISP. Thank You again for your help Good night
  3. CodeNameZeroXX Win User

I was able to join a friend that also is in Ohio in another game and we had no problems playing together and there was no packet loss and my latency was 34ms. So I now believe that this is an Activision issue and I will be following up with them. Thank you for your help and I will reply to this thread when I have an update with them tomorrow.
  4. CodeNameZeroXX Win User

Okay so I power cycled my xbox and removed then added my profile back and reset my modem. and it still shows Alabama for call of duty. Also COD doesn't allow for console users to pick their servers. This also happened in battlefield 2042. I am unaware of another game that shows your geographical region.
  5. CodeNameZeroXX Win User

I changed it to the UK and back to the US and it still shows Alabama in Call of Duty.
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Inside Call of Duty are you not able to select a different server?

If possible please try using a different game, just in case this is happening only with COD (or Activision games)
Thema:

1. Geographical Region Shows up different In-Game then where I actually am - Similar Threads - Geographical Region Shows

2. Microsoft rewards support region issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft rewards support region issue: Hello there. I have a problem with microsoft rewards on XBOX. Its saying that microsoft rewards marketing isnt supported for me. I checked the list of supported countries and my country is there....
  3. I changed my account region accidentaliy, is there a way to change it back without waiting...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my account region accidentaliy, is there a way to change it back without waiting...: Hi, my problem is that I changed my account region accidentally, is there a way for me to change it back without waiting 3 months? 8ad15209-9c39-4f7d-9184-45fe734019a5
  4. This disc's region code is incorrect for this console

in XBoX Accessibility
    This disc's region code is incorrect for this console: Hi, I'm from the Philippines, I have an Xbox 360 console and Xbox 360 game (region locked) both US versions. When I launched the game there was an error saying " This disc's region code is...
  5. I bought Minecraft as a gift but they can't redeem it because their region is wrong?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought Minecraft as a gift but they can't redeem it because their region is wrong?: Is there a human person working for this company? Please contact me. d7bdd9a0-0a82-4f60-a083-806f86cad489
  6. Xbox One S Geographic Zone problem

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One S Geographic Zone problem: From last three days, if I try to play a xcloud game on my Xbox One S, when I select "Play" on home page of the game selected, after two seconds a message appears on the screen informing me about...
  7. Código de área geográfica de esta consola incorecto[Translation-Geographic area code for...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Código de área geográfica de esta consola incorecto[Translation-Geographic area code for...: Como puedo solucionar este msj me sale cuando quiero jugar a un juego pes 2014 a alguien le paso esto gracias [Translation-How can I fix this msj I get when I want to play a pes game 2014...
  8. geographical error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    geographical error: 1. Hello I changed my xbox 360 because it burned me and now the games do not work because of a|| geographical error eb86a131-dbf6-4681-846a-4a82ef7e809e
  9. Game not available in geographic area

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game not available in geographic area: I want to download a free game with gold, but the error "80150017" shows up, saying its not available on my geographic area. I would like to know how to solve this problem....
  10. got an error about a geographic area code when tried to reproduce a game and can t play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    got an error about a geographic area code when tried to reproduce a game and can t play: Hello i tried to reproduce just dance game in xbox360 and got message of geographical area code incorrect, how i can resolve this problem? 3d533708-6f5d-4e62-a8ba-3635e1c32478