Get save file from Cloud without installing the game again?

Discus and support Get save file from Cloud without installing the game again? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi. I played Shadow of War using Xbox Game Pass on PC and deleted the game. I know my saved files still on Microsoft-cloud, but I can't find any... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by tungmapu, Sep 2, 2019.

1. tungmapu
    tungmapu Guest

Hi. I played Shadow of War using Xbox Game Pass on PC and deleted the game. I know my saved files still on Microsoft-cloud, but I can't find any instruction on how to get it without installing the game again cause I want to port my progress to Steam.

Shadow of War is now more than 100 GB and my internet speed is really slow, I don't want to download it again just to get the saved file.

:)

tungmapu, Sep 2, 2019
  2. ScheduledAbyss8 Win User

No i'm sorry but on other gaming platforms it's not possible to transfer game progress, only if you play on Windws 10 with Xbox Ultimate you can transfer saved data.
  3. tungmapu Win User

Ok... I have 1 more questions.

Sometimes I play Microsoft store version after Steam version, saved files were ported automatically but not vice versa.

How about a way to connect Microsoft store to Steam, so that when I play on Steam, Microsoft understanding i can choose whether to use files from their cloud not steam cloud, and can download it manually by using "Manage games and apps"?

Or just understanding I have a copyrighted of the game from somewhere else not only Steam but also Origins, Epic games etc... and don't need to buy the game again, and share saved files together as well as game version.
  4. RedCarGamer Win User

You cannot, it only gets from the cloud when you run the game again will sync with the cloud and downloads the save data.
  5. Smwutches Win User

downloading an already installed game

Game saves are separate from game installs/downloads. Also, the install file is different than the download file. So you would not be able to use the install without the disc.
  6. Master Sieder Win User

Loss of Game Save no way to recover..

The data on the cloud it not the save file I need the cloud saved the new save to it before I noticed it the only data left of the game save is on the console itself with no gamer picture on it meaning its no ones save file.

I will try deleting my profile only without the saved games and hopefully when I sign in it connects me to the right save file.
Thema:

1. Get save file from Cloud without installing the game again? - Similar Threads - save file Cloud

2. Can I choose between Cloud Saves or Local Saves for my games? Can I access these files?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I choose between Cloud Saves or Local Saves for my games? Can I access these files?: If so is there any documentation on how to go about finding and selecting those files and placing them in the game files? Metro Exodus can be an example. I've seen a window pop up before asking...
  3. I don't know how to save at the cloud my save file of sunset overdrive from pc

in XBoX on Windows
    I don't know how to save at the cloud my save file of sunset overdrive from pc: I don't know how to save at the cloud my save file of sunset overdrive from pc cf45ebeb-b5b6-4e24-ad34-75b54961fda0
  4. Can't manage cloud save files on Xbox app on Win 10 and Win Mobile 10

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't manage cloud save files on Xbox app on Win 10 and Win Mobile 10: It doesn't look like the Xbox app on Win 10 and Win Mobile 10 can manage cloud save files. I'd like to get rid of my save file for 1 game (Runemals), but it looks like I can't do it without...
  5. Can't manage cloud save files on Xbox app on Win 10 and Win Mobile 10

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't manage cloud save files on Xbox app on Win 10 and Win Mobile 10: It doesn't look like the Xbox app on Win 10 and Win Mobile 10 can manage cloud save files. I'd like to get rid of my save file for 1 game (Runemals), but it looks like I can't do it without...
  6. Delete a Cloud Saved Game File

in XBoX on Consoles
    Delete a Cloud Saved Game File: Hey there. I was basically wondering if there is a way to delete a file and the Xbox cloud service. I would like to start Horizon 3 from scratch for every time, it's synced with my cloud...
  7. Is it possible to recover an xbox cloud save file?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to recover an xbox cloud save file?: I wanted to transfer my first ever play through from my xbox 360 hard drive to the xbox cloud so I could play it on my xbox one. However when I did this, my current play through was deleted. Is...
  8. Is there a way to back up a xbox one save game file NOT on cloud?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a way to back up a xbox one save game file NOT on cloud?: So I recently bought the game 7 days to die because it has couch co op, and my boyfriend has a couple weeks off work to recover from surgery so it's a rare game binging time. However, like some...
  9. Cloud save files.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cloud save files.: So with the cloud having issues yesterday and last night I experienced the whole last save file could not be recovered. That is fine because it is fixed now however last night I was attempting to...
  10. I got a second Xbox one. Does xbox one saves game files to cloud automatically?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I got a second Xbox one. Does xbox one saves game files to cloud automatically?: I have bought the Xbox one back in the release day and made a mistake and sold it :( I had a huge progress in some games. I want to buy another Xbox one, my question is, when i enter my profile...