Get started with Xbox for Google Assistant

Discus and support Get started with Xbox for Google Assistant in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; [IMG] Hi /r/xboxinsiders! I'm Harrison Hoffman, from Team Xbox, and I've got some exciting news to share with you all! Based directly on feedback... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/harrisonh3, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Get started with Xbox for Google Assistant

Get started with Xbox for Google Assistant [​IMG]

Hi /r/xboxinsiders!

I'm Harrison Hoffman, from Team Xbox, and I've got some exciting news to share with you all!

Based directly on feedback from Xbox fans, many of them in this Subreddit, we're pleased to announce the public beta of the Xbox Action for Google Assistant! Please tell us what you think or if you're running into any issues in the comments here. The team would love to hear your feedback.

With the release of the Xbox Action for Google Assistant, you can now interact with your Xbox One in even more ways using just your voice, including the ability to turn your console on and off, launch games and apps, play and pause videos, and more, from the Google Assistant and Home-enabled devices, as well as the Google Assistant apps on iOS and Android.

The new Xbox Action for Google Assistant releases to public beta on Xbox One today and is available to all customers in English during the beta period. Google and Xbox are working together to expand language support before launching more broadly to the Xbox community later this fall.

Here’s how to get started with the beta:

1. Join our Google Group with the Google Account you intend to use
    2. Sign into your Xbox
    3. In the Google Home app for iOS or Android:
      1. Tap “+ Add”
      2. Tap “Set up device”
      3. Tap “Have something already set up?”
      4. Search for and select “[beta] Xbox”
    4. Sign in with the Microsoft account you use on Xbox
    5. Follow the instructions to link your Xbox and give it a device name

Once you’re all set up, here are a few actions you can try to get you started with controlling your Xbox One with Google Assistant:

• · “Hey Google, play Gears 5 on Xbox.”
    • · "Hey Google, turn on Xbox.”
    • · "Hey Google, turn off Xbox.”
    • · “Hey Google, launch YouTube on Xbox.”
    • · "Hey Google, pause on Xbox."
    • · "Hey Google, resume on Xbox."
    • · "Hey Google, volume up on Xbox.”
    • · “Hey Google, take a screenshot on Xbox.”

https://i.redd.it/a9nfhgsxpxo31.png

You’ll notice the default device name for Xbox consoles is "Xbox"; however, you can change the device name for your smart home commands at any time in the Google Home and Assistant apps if you have more than one Xbox in your home. When triggering an action, just use the device name you set in your commands. For example, you would say, “Hey Google, turn on Basement Xbox.”

Over the coming weeks as you begin to check out this feature, we’d love to hear from you so you can help us test and refine this new capability. Your feedback is invaluable in helping us shape the experience for all gamers on Xbox. We will also continue to improve on this experience following release and will be listening to your feedback to help determine how we expand our capabilities in the future.

Here's the full command list if you want to explore more:

Action
    Command
    Turn on​
    Hey Google, turn on Xbox.
    Turn off​
    Hey Google, turn off Xbox.
    Launch game​
    Hey Google, play Gears 5 on Xbox.
    Volume up​
    Hey Google, volume up on Xbox.
    Volume down​
    Hey Google, volume down on Xbox.
    Mute​
    Hey Google, mute Xbox.
    Un-mute​
    Hey Google, un-mute Xbox.
    Pause*​
    Hey Google, pause.
    Play*​
    Hey Google, play.
    Next*​
    Hey Google, next.
    Previous*​
    Hey Google, previous
    Take a screenshot​
    Hey Google, take a screenshot on Xbox.
    Record a game clip​
    Hey Google, record that on Xbox.
    Reboot​
    Hey Google, reboot Xbox.
    Stop​
    Hey Google, stop on Xbox.
    Watch a TV channel (if live TV is configured)​
    Hey Google, switch to PBS on Xbox.​

*Media playback commands can be triggered with or without saying the device name.

submitted by /u/harrisonh3
    [link] [comments]

/u/harrisonh3, Sep 26, 2019
  2. FreakRoach Win User

XBOX ONE AND GOOGLE HOME CONECTION

afaik it's not released yet

but google assistant support is coming soon
    Google assistant support on a Microsoft device? That sounds so unlike google, and I don't think Google is going to do that? If Google actually enables assistant support on Xbox I'll start liking Google.
  3. DanMen334 Win User

Google assistant

it's a matter of commercial sane, it might be a matter of time or it never happens
  4. Saeleth Win User

Google assistant

Honestly, they are direct competitors and I doubt it would happen, and honestly I don't want want any of Google's junk on my Xbox.
  5. GlitchMasterEh Win User

Google assistant

I'd be so down for that! I've got the majority of my smart devices hooked up to my Google Home system, wouldn't mind hooking up my Xbox, too. :D
  6. Nohra369 Win User

Google assistant

Its only a matter if time i guess
Thema:

Get started with Xbox for Google Assistant

1. Get started with Xbox for Google Assistant - Similar Threads - started Google Assistant

2. Wont let me start a party

in XBoX Accessibility
    Wont let me start a party: My xbox one every since the update in August wont let me start or join a party. Ive tried restarting, hard restarting, unplugging, unplugging for 24 hours, and i checked to see if it was my...
  3. How many of you started playing Destiny 2 now that it's free?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How many of you started playing Destiny 2 now that it's free?: I love Destiny but always played it on console. I took this opportunity to play it on PC and couldn't be happier. a7b1d671-a0ba-4291-874b-6a64a6e3cec0
  4. Renegade GP Riptide won't start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Renegade GP Riptide won't start: Trying to play Renegade GP Riptide, installed as a Game Pass game, and it won't start. It was working last week, and now it won't. It launches, loads through to the title screen with "Press Start"...
  5. FORZA HORIZON4が起動しなくなった [Translate] FORZA HORIZON4 no longer starts

in XBoX on Windows
    FORZA HORIZON4が起動しなくなった [Translate] FORZA HORIZON4 no longer starts: windowsの方で質問をしたのですが、こちらで聞いた方が良いのではないかというアドバイスを いたので、内容は同じになってしまいますがこちらにも投稿させていた きます 何か問題やマナー違反がありましたら申し訳ありません 2週間ほど前から突然FH4が起動できなくなりました 最初に表示されるウィンドウは出るのですが、その後音もなくウィンドウが閉じられ、何度起動しようとしても同じです...
  6. Cannot start a game using my profile with GamerTag 'MarcGaston' - says profile is used by...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot start a game using my profile with GamerTag 'MarcGaston' - says profile is used by...: I cannot start Mortal Kombat 11 with my usual profile. Gamertag = 'MarcGaston' - Error message is (translated) 'profile is already used' 416bb565-a15f-4caa-a848-50716e99e7a1
  7. World of Tanks took too long to start (Xbox One error 8027025a)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    World of Tanks took too long to start (Xbox One error 8027025a): With the recently released Xbox One update (October 2019), World of Tanks: Mercenaries game launcher takes a long time to start and ultimately fails to start with error 8027025a. Please try...
  8. I can't start the id at Xbox quest to get ms points 10/8/2020

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't start the id at Xbox quest to get ms points 10/8/2020: I have tried playing games in the list and unlocked achievements but it's not registering them d0f60ffa-7885-4450-bccf-b4baf597f267
  9. Xbox One S shutting down when start playing any game.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S shutting down when start playing any game.: My Xbox will work only for a few seconds or longer if I use apps or browser, it won’t turn off. but when i start playing any game it just make a click sound and turn off....
  10. Error code 0x8027025a when starting Xbox and getting the same error when trying to ‘Report...

in XboX Insiders
    Error code 0x8027025a when starting Xbox and getting the same error when trying to ‘Report...: submitted by /u/PM_ME_DRAGONITE_PICS [link] [comments]