Get started with Xbox for Google Assistant

Discus and support Get started with Xbox for Google Assistant in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; [IMG] Hi /r/xboxinsiders! I'm Harrison Hoffman, from Team Xbox, and I've got some exciting news to share with you all! Based directly on feedback... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/harrisonh3, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Get started with Xbox for Google Assistant

Get started with Xbox for Google Assistant [​IMG]

Hi /r/xboxinsiders!

I'm Harrison Hoffman, from Team Xbox, and I've got some exciting news to share with you all!

Based directly on feedback from Xbox fans, many of them in this Subreddit, we're pleased to announce the public beta of the Xbox Action for Google Assistant! Please tell us what you think or if you're running into any issues in the comments here. The team would love to hear your feedback.

With the release of the Xbox Action for Google Assistant, you can now interact with your Xbox One in even more ways using just your voice, including the ability to turn your console on and off, launch games and apps, play and pause videos, and more, from the Google Assistant and Home-enabled devices, as well as the Google Assistant apps on iOS and Android.

The new Xbox Action for Google Assistant releases to public beta on Xbox One today and is available to all customers in English during the beta period. Google and Xbox are working together to expand language support before launching more broadly to the Xbox community later this fall.

Here’s how to get started with the beta:

1. Join our Google Group with the Google Account you intend to use
    2. Sign into your Xbox
    3. In the Google Home app for iOS or Android:
      1. Tap “+ Add”
      2. Tap “Set up device”
      3. Tap “Have something already set up?”
      4. Search for and select “[beta] Xbox”
    4. Sign in with the Microsoft account you use on Xbox
    5. Follow the instructions to link your Xbox and give it a device name

Once you’re all set up, here are a few actions you can try to get you started with controlling your Xbox One with Google Assistant:

• · “Hey Google, play Gears 5 on Xbox.”
    • · "Hey Google, turn on Xbox.”
    • · "Hey Google, turn off Xbox.”
    • · “Hey Google, launch YouTube on Xbox.”
    • · "Hey Google, pause on Xbox."
    • · "Hey Google, resume on Xbox."
    • · "Hey Google, volume up on Xbox.”
    • · “Hey Google, take a screenshot on Xbox.”

https://i.redd.it/a9nfhgsxpxo31.png

You’ll notice the default device name for Xbox consoles is "Xbox"; however, you can change the device name for your smart home commands at any time in the Google Home and Assistant apps if you have more than one Xbox in your home. When triggering an action, just use the device name you set in your commands. For example, you would say, “Hey Google, turn on Basement Xbox.”

Over the coming weeks as you begin to check out this feature, we’d love to hear from you so you can help us test and refine this new capability. Your feedback is invaluable in helping us shape the experience for all gamers on Xbox. We will also continue to improve on this experience following release and will be listening to your feedback to help determine how we expand our capabilities in the future.

Here's the full command list if you want to explore more:

Action
    Command
    Turn on​
    Hey Google, turn on Xbox.
    Turn off​
    Hey Google, turn off Xbox.
    Launch game​
    Hey Google, play Gears 5 on Xbox.
    Volume up​
    Hey Google, volume up on Xbox.
    Volume down​
    Hey Google, volume down on Xbox.
    Mute​
    Hey Google, mute Xbox.
    Un-mute​
    Hey Google, un-mute Xbox.
    Pause*​
    Hey Google, pause.
    Play*​
    Hey Google, play.
    Next*​
    Hey Google, next.
    Previous*​
    Hey Google, previous
    Take a screenshot​
    Hey Google, take a screenshot on Xbox.
    Record a game clip​
    Hey Google, record that on Xbox.
    Reboot​
    Hey Google, reboot Xbox.
    Stop​
    Hey Google, stop on Xbox.
    Watch a TV channel (if live TV is configured)​
    Hey Google, switch to PBS on Xbox.​

*Media playback commands can be triggered with or without saying the device name.

submitted by /u/harrisonh3
    [link] [comments]

/u/harrisonh3, Sep 26, 2019
  2. FreakRoach Win User

XBOX ONE AND GOOGLE HOME CONECTION

afaik it's not released yet

but google assistant support is coming soon
    Google assistant support on a Microsoft device? That sounds so unlike google, and I don't think Google is going to do that? If Google actually enables assistant support on Xbox I'll start liking Google.
  3. DanMen334 Win User

Google assistant

it's a matter of commercial sane, it might be a matter of time or it never happens
  4. Saeleth Win User

Google assistant

Honestly, they are direct competitors and I doubt it would happen, and honestly I don't want want any of Google's junk on my Xbox.
  5. GlitchMasterEh Win User

Google assistant

I'd be so down for that! I've got the majority of my smart devices hooked up to my Google Home system, wouldn't mind hooking up my Xbox, too. :D
  6. Nohra369 Win User

Google assistant

Its only a matter if time i guess
Thema:

Get started with Xbox for Google Assistant

1. Get started with Xbox for Google Assistant - Similar Threads - started Google Assistant

2. Game wont start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game wont start: I put my fifa game in and it repeatedly tells me to insert disc. I have tried several times and still nothing. Ive tried restarting, taking it in and out and leaving it to see if it would load but...
  3. xbox/win10 ark when it starts, says not signed in

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox/win10 ark when it starts, says not signed in: xbox/win10 ark when it starts, says not signed in. I do not own an xbox, but wanted to play Ark:Survival Evolved with serveral folks. I have the game in my pc now, but when it starts, it says NOT...
  4. gears 5 crash at start up

in XBoX on Windows
    gears 5 crash at start up: i bought the game a week back on steam and installed it but it crashes at start up . i read people reporting an X-fi sound card problem but i dont have a sound card. if anyone has an idea what to...
  5. Error ao iniciar[Translation-Error when starting]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error ao iniciar[Translation-Error when starting]: Meu Xbox one está dando erro de sistema E102 ,e eu quando coloco reinaci padrão de fábrica fica dando algo deu errado [Translation-My Xbox one is giving an E102 system error, and when I put the...
  6. My game doesn't start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My game doesn't start: Hey there! I have a problem with an special game that is Minecraft,when I put the disc in Xbox One the game starts but after a few seconds it back to the Xbox One home screen and the game won't...
  7. Skyrim gets a black screen with audio when starting new game or loading a save

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Skyrim gets a black screen with audio when starting new game or loading a save: After I try to load a save or make a new game, Skyrim will get a black screen before my entire xbox one x crashes. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, clearing system cache, resetting mac...
  8. My Xbox one X started bugging out

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one X started bugging out: I brought my Xbox about 2 years ago and one day my xbox froze when i was turning it off, it never turned off after that so i unplugged it and now when i turn it off, it wont load, in fact it says...
  9. Clips disappearing and reappearing after the start of july

in XBoX on Consoles
    Clips disappearing and reappearing after the start of july: 8 days ago I could openly upload clips and screenshots to xbox live without an issue now every clip or screenshot I upload appears and disappears randomly, duplicates appear which I have to delete...
  10. no puedo iniciar mi juego el metro exodus. -[Translation - i can't start my game the exodus...

in XBoX on Windows
    no puedo iniciar mi juego el metro exodus. -[Translation - i can't start my game the exodus...: hola gente buenas mi consulta es. llevo jugando bastante al metro exodus y de la nada no pude entrar mas al juego. quiero ingresar y me sale un cartel que me dice que en estos momentos metro...