Getting an inactive gamertag removed and back into the database

Discus and support Getting an inactive gamertag removed and back into the database in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Who do I need to reach out to in order to have the Gamertag "Ryka" removed as it has been inactive for almost 6 years? I am a mixer streamer and Ryka... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by OG Ryka, Mar 26, 2020 at 12:12 PM.

1. OG Ryka
    OG Ryka Guest

Who do I need to reach out to in order to have the Gamertag "Ryka" removed as it has been inactive for almost 6 years? I am a mixer streamer and Ryka is my brand and how most people know me. I would like opinions and advice on how to make this happen.
    I contacted the owner and no response from him/her ever.

:)

2. Daft Badger Win User

Some gamertags/aliases is not linked to gaming accounts. It is most likely to be linked to one of the other products that Microsoft offers.

They do however have a time that they reintroduce some inactive gamertags periodically, unfortunately we do not know when they will be doing it again.
    They don't do mass releases of inactive gamertags any more.

As from last year if a gamertag doesn't log into any Microsoft service for 2 years it is then freed up.The earliest any inactive tag would be made available is next year.

I've just searched that gamertag & Ryka was active 4 days ago & unlocked a achievement on Dance Central so the gamertag is being used.
  3. OG Ryka Win User

The owner has an Xbox Live Account. Just been inactive for almost 6 years. I don't feel like it is linked with another account.
  4. Tarnend Win User

Also i think with the new gamertag system where it will add numbers to the end means they wont re-introduce inactive accounts pretty much anymore as loads can have the same gamertag now, it will just have some numbers on the end.
  5. Njal the Blue Win User

The owner has an Xbox Live Account. Just been inactive for almost 6 years. I don't feel like it is linked with another account.
    If they use the same email address to log into Microsoft office or onto their PC/laptop etc. Then that will keep the gamertag active.

Or the email address is a Microsoft one (@outlook, @live, @hotmail) and they still use it, then again it will keep the gamertag active.

The other possible thing is, that the account was permanently banned. In that case it will not be released.
  6. NeoDan123 Win User

Some gamertags/aliases is not linked to gaming accounts. It is most likely to be linked to one of the other products that Microsoft offers.

They do however have a time that they reintroduce some inactive gamertags periodically, unfortunately we do not know when they will be doing it again.
Thema:

1. Getting an inactive gamertag removed and back into the database - Similar Threads - Getting inactive gamertag

2. My Minecraft will load in but it will sat "We couldn't get your latest saved data"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Minecraft will load in but it will sat "We couldn't get your latest saved data": I press "Try again" but it shows the loading screen for 1 second and goes back to the same screen i started on. So then i press "Use offline" and it loads but then puts me on the looped screen of...
  3. lost the code from console upgrade screen, how can I get it back?

in XBoX on Consoles
    lost the code from console upgrade screen, how can I get it back?: Hi, I bought a new xbox one x. It comes free with Gears of war, and other perks. There was no printed code in the box. During the xbox setup screen a code was displayed on the TV and a website...
  4. Contact seller to get a new code

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Contact seller to get a new code: Hi! My friend bought me modern warfare remastered (the new one) and it wont let me use the code, (i live in the us and so does he but for my break i went to mexico to see family, though my break...
  5. game keeps cutting off, plus didnt get my keys when cc was reached. spent alot of coins to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    game keeps cutting off, plus didnt get my keys when cc was reached. spent alot of coins to...: game keeps cuttin off in middle of bingo! didn't get my keys when cc goa l was reached! 064f9f3e-73f3-42f5-a100-69ffcb51e8cf
  6. My Xbox is slow and gets error messages with apps and games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox is slow and gets error messages with apps and games: My xbox has been acting up for a couple weeks, it had an update in the last month, and I haven’t done anything to harm it, and it wont let me install games/apps or update them, every time I open a...
  7. getting another persons inactive account deleted.

in XBoX on Consoles
    getting another persons inactive account deleted.: Hello, would i be able to get a inactive account deleted so I can have the gamertag that person has? 69a51c50-f907-4d07-8242-353858f16078
  8. Why cant these people get kicked for inactivity

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant these people get kicked for inactivity: Well for the pass 3 hours there has been the same group of 5 players not playing infected. They stand there the whole game with no kills or infected kills. They dont move but when they get...
  9. Can I get Bean Dip as my gamertag? If the user is inactive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I get Bean Dip as my gamertag? If the user is inactive: Can I get Bean Dip as my gamertag? If the user is inactive 19062335-bf55-49c9-936b-9a4e1e268eda
  10. Getting rid of inactive accounts so those gamertags on those accounts will be available to use

in XBoX on Consoles
    Getting rid of inactive accounts so those gamertags on those accounts will be available to use: I would really like if Xbox would get rid of inactive xbox live accounts that havent been on in a long time like 3+ years so those gamertags would be avaiable to use for anyone to use. A lot of...