Getting Minecraft Windows 10 version

Discus and support Getting Minecraft Windows 10 version in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I got minecraft Java edition a few days ago but I just found out I need Windows 10 to play with some of my friends my friends told me to go claim my... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Tsubeki, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Tsubeki
    Tsubeki Guest

I got minecraft Java edition a few days ago but I just found out I need Windows 10 to play with some of my friends my friends told me to go claim my free copy of the windows 10 version in under minecraft java under "my games" but there is nothing there,
    is it because I bought Java too late (I found out that you can get windows 10 for free till October 18 or around that time) or is there something I'm missing??

***Moved from: Gaming on Windows 10***

:)

Tsubeki, Oct 1, 2019
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

Minecraft

Hello Chacha,

Thanks for coming to the forums. The only way to get the Minecraft windows 10 edition would be to purchase it. The Xbox version, java, and Windows 10 are all separate versions. Here is a

Windows 10 Minecraft FAQ
    to review for further information.

Thanks,

Brad
  3. ArminatorX Win User

How to find my redeem code for minecraft windows 10 edition?

The code you mean was for people that bought JAVA Minecraft on the Mojang website before October 2018. Buyers of the JAVA Version before that date would get a code that allows them to redeem Minecraft Windows 10 on the Windows 10 Store.

Unfortunately, buyers of the Xbox One Minecraft "only" get the Xbox One Minecraft and nothing else. Only digital buyers of the older "Minecraft Xbox One Version" (With "Xbox One Version" in the game title) would later get the newer Bedrock Minecraft for
    Xbox One for free.

So, if you bought Minecraft (without the "Xbox One Version" in the name) on your Xbox One, that's the only version you will get. There is no Windows 10 code.
  4. wi7bit Win User

Minecraft: Bedrock edition code

If you own the Java edition on PC, you can get the Windows 10 PC version that allows to play with other 'Bedrock' additions on other devices (mobile, console etc.). It's does not give you the Xbox version for free.

Info here:

https://help.mojang.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2064007-minecraft-for-windows-10

There are two versions if Minecraft on the Xbox:

• Minecraft
    • Minecraft for Xbox One

It is the first one that is the bedrock version and is available on Game Pass. Are you sure you just didn't download it from there?

If you did already get a code and redeemed it on the store on the Xbox, it should still be for the Windows 10 version. You don't get a choice.

Just try and download the Windows 10 version on the Microsoft store on the PC.
  5. Steve-246 Win User

minecraft windows 10 mobile获取beta版 (Mod Translation: Minecraft Windows-Mobile gets beta version)

I bought a bedblock edition of minecraft from windows 10 mobile(1.9.0) but I want to play the beta version(1.11),and I don't know how to do it(or maybe I can't get the beta version of minecraft windows 10 mobile,just like the ios version?)
  6. Miles_ Win User

i bougthy minecraft on pc for xbox

Also please make sure you bought the right version. There are three Minecraft games in Microsoft Store.

They are -

Minecraft(If you want to play it on Xbox One, you should buy this version)

Minecraft for Windows 10

Minecraft for Windows 10 Mobile.

Minecraft and Minecraft for Windows 10 share the same pic in Microsoft Store.
Thema:

1. Getting Minecraft Windows 10 version - Similar Threads - Getting Minecraft Windows

2. Finally managed to get rid of Minecraft Windows 10 beta, but now the non-beta version...

in XboX Insiders
    Finally managed to get rid of Minecraft Windows 10 beta, but now the non-beta version...: Finally managed to get rid of Minecraft Windows 10 beta, but now the non-beta version installation repeatedly fails with Error Code: 0x80070003 after downloading exactly 1.84MB of data. If anyone...
  3. Is it possible to get Minecraft Windows 10 for free?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is it possible to get Minecraft Windows 10 for free?: I have read a bunch of threads and I have seen that it is possible to get minecraft windows 10 for free if you have owned java edition before mid 2018. My current java account was created in 2016...
  4. Can't get out of Minecraft Beta on Windows 10 Edition

in XboX Insiders
    Can't get out of Minecraft Beta on Windows 10 Edition: Hi I wanted to get out of Minecraft beta to play with friends but i can't get out. I did the steps to unenroll from beta, uninstalled and reinstalled the game but it still wouldn't help. Can...
  5. Unable to get out of beta on minecraft windows 10 version. help

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to get out of beta on minecraft windows 10 version. help: [IMG] I have been trying to get out of minecraft beta for hours now. I have never signed up for Xbox insider hub before until this has happened. i have joined and left to see if that fixed...
  6. Minecraft Java Edition users get Minecraft Windows 10 Edition for free

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Java Edition users get Minecraft Windows 10 Edition for free: Don't forget today (April 21) is the last day to get Minecraft Windows 10 Edition for Free. The benefits of the Windows 10 Edition are: VR and AR Support RTX/Ray Tracing Support (currently in...
  7. Minecraft Windows 10 RTX Can't Get Resource Pack

in XboX Insiders
    Minecraft Windows 10 RTX Can't Get Resource Pack: Hello, When I click on the resource download from the NVIDIA website, it opens the game and eventually crashes/closes after a minute or so. Has anyone else experienced this? submitted by...
  8. unable to get in the RTX beta Minecraft windows 10

in XboX Insiders
    unable to get in the RTX beta Minecraft windows 10: I've downloaded the Xbox insider hub and enrolled and i did that as soon as it was pushed and still haven't received the update to my Minecraft in the store is anyone able to help submitted by...
  9. Can not get the code of redeem minecraft for windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Can not get the code of redeem minecraft for windows 10: Why I can not get the code of minecraft for windows 10? The deadline is coming on 4/20!!!!!!! Please help me!!!!! [img] 0f68cdc2-3f5d-4cfc-aa4e-4c3c26220e71
  10. I purchased Minecraft for Windows 10 (bedrock), how do I get the Java version for free?

in XBoX on Windows
    I purchased Minecraft for Windows 10 (bedrock), how do I get the Java version for free?: Can't seem to find an answer online, so I am hoping I can get help here. I'd like to use the Java version exclusively and run my own servers with mods, etc... So, not knowing enough about this...