Getting painfully slow downloading speeds and need help!

Discus and support Getting painfully slow downloading speeds and need help! in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; i havent been able to download or update any games because of the slow downloading speed i get. There would be brief moments where i would hit 60mb/s... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by westiferchanley, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Getting painfully slow downloading speeds and need help!

i havent been able to download or update any games because of the slow downloading speed i get. There would be brief moments where i would hit 60mb/s but it would drop to 500kb/s. Ive im lucky it was be 1-5mb/s. But half the time it doesnt even show a
    speed and just says installing with no speed showing.ive tried changing the dns multiple times but dont see any improvement. Nothing in the background would be running. Currently ive been trying to update fortnite which was about 6gb but was taking too long.
    And i read somewhere that reinstalling a game completely might work but now im stuck trying to reinstall fortnite which is a for 2 days and its only at 24%. Can somebody please help me with this issue before i completely lose it?!?

:)

westiferchanley, Mar 15, 2019
  2. Saeleth Win User

Hi there,

I would recommend a full power cycle of your modem and router as many times this resolves slow download speeds and brings them back to where they should be.
  3. MysterP Win User

I'm have that issue now only thing I'm getting 160mbps in the network test and ports are opened. Have reset the Xbox from the settings, still 60-120k on downloads.
  4. westiferchanley Win User

Yes mine is the only console.

Dl speed: 9.20

Ul speed:0

packet loss: 47%

mtu: 0

Latency:60ms

wireless strength: 100%
  5. Zenosos Win User

Hi Westiferchanley,

Sorry to hear your having problems with downloading, first I would like you to run a speed test and ask is yours the only console used on the internet?
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Chanley,

You can view the
    port forward overview
    . The start and end point will be the console IP. Make sure to select the protocol also.
Thema:

1. Getting painfully slow downloading speeds and need help! - Similar Threads - Getting painfully slow

2. Getting a older version of a game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Getting a older version of a game: I was wondering if you could get a older version of a game if you already have it?. I was playing goat simulator on the xbox one and got the goat mmo dlc but did not get invebtory goat. After...
  3. I accidentally lost my save file on Just Cause 4 on xbox one and I'm desperate to get it back.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I accidentally lost my save file on Just Cause 4 on xbox one and I'm desperate to get it back.: Hours were spent playing then I accidentally deleted it. 24449a20-5ecf-4e6c-ae30-0b5b37c456ae
  4. Can't get xbox one gold games this month

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't get xbox one gold games this month: Hi everybody I am writing from Spain. I have an xbox 360 but Ive always been able to DL gold games for Xbox One (for a near future), but this month I cant do it from my console (I click on the...
  5. I get error code c101ab80 cant watch purchased movies

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I get error code c101ab80 cant watch purchased movies: I went to watch a movie i just purchased on xbox live and get error code c101ab80 instantly. I checked all my purchased video and same error code pops up. Ive been through every step support techs...
  6. 我朋友进入不了地平线4的多人游戏 [My friend can't get into the multi-person game on Horizon 4.]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    我朋友进入不了地平线4的多人游戏 [My friend can't get into the multi-person game on Horizon 4.]: [img] 这要怎么解决 Translation: [How is this going to work out?] 16f32fdd-6d18-4080-a293-fa8cb32e7083
  7. Cannot get into a online match in rainbow six siege. I have xbox live to

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot get into a online match in rainbow six siege. I have xbox live to: Since i have bought the game i have never been able to get into a Multiplayer game...i have xbox live acc and ubisoft acc i have tried uninstalling the game and and installing but can never get...
  8. Unable to get a refund for Anthem due to pre-ordering

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Unable to get a refund for Anthem due to pre-ordering: I pre-ordered Anthem Legion of Dawn Edition on January 26th. Found out on Feb 22nd the release date, that none of my friends were getting it, so i submitted a refund request. Problem is my...
  9. x box one s has stopped getting switched on suddenly

in XBoX on Consoles
    x box one s has stopped getting switched on suddenly: Tried to create a repair order online as no service center in India but getting message saying "We’re sorry. The accessory or device you are requesting is not available. Please contact Microsoft...
  10. Should Overwatch get keyboard and mouse support?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Should Overwatch get keyboard and mouse support?: I was wondering what the community thinks in regards to having keyboard and mouse support for the xbox version of the game. I personally would not mind it as I could probably fair a bit better...