Getting rid of parental controls

Discus and support Getting rid of parental controls in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Help! I am trying to reset the parental controls but have lost the code and password. How on earth do I reset it? Many thanks... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TheMogforever, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Getting rid of parental controls

Help! I am trying to reset the parental controls but have lost the code and password. How on earth do I reset it? Many thanks

:)

TheMogforever, Sep 12, 2019
  2. Klokkwork Win User

getting rid of parental controls

There is only one way to disassociate a child account from a parent account. The date of birth on the child account, as entered at account creation, must reflect that you are at least 18 years old (in the US. Age of legal adulthood may vary by country).
    You cannot force it to happen early. Changing the date of birth on the account has no effect, nor does deleting the parental account. It has to be allowed to happen naturally. When that time comes, an option will appear in Account Management that will
    let you promote your account to adult status.
  3. Charity EU Win User

getting rid of parental controls

If you mean parental controls as where it asks for the parent's Windows Live ID then sadly the answer is no :-(
  4. x24hrs2livex Win User

Getting rid of parental control

5. Zero420override Win User

You should mark the question as answered so that they know you have been helped and can lock the thread
  6. TheMogforever Win User

Many thanks to those of you who replied.......all sorted now!
Thema:

1. Getting rid of parental controls - Similar Threads - Getting rid parental

2. Headset is making a static noise, and can't get rid of it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset is making a static noise, and can't get rid of it.: My current setup is an Xbox One X, Turtle Beach XO One headset, Turtle Beach adapter. Whenever I play on Xbox Live, other people in the party complain that when I talk, my voice also picks up a...
  3. Comms bans. Any way to dispute them and appeal to get rid of them?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Comms bans. Any way to dispute them and appeal to get rid of them?: Hi, so I recently got a comms ban I feel like I didn't deserve. I wondered if there's any way I can appeal to get rid of it. I've gotten two before which might make it so I can't even if there is...
  4. Can't get rid of VERY old xbox account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't get rid of VERY old xbox account: getting some recent Russian logins attempts on my Microsoft account using my very old xbox profile id (xbox was given away YEARS ago) would like to divorce my xbox account from my microsoft...
  5. ERROR. the current profile is not allowed to play on Xbox live.......how do I get rid of...

in XBoX Accessibility
    ERROR. the current profile is not allowed to play on Xbox live.......how do I get rid of...: ERROR. the current profile is not allowed to play on Xbox live.......how do I get rid of this it's first time it has showed up 26e7d440-ee75-44ae-b1d0-614eb09da559
  6. Does any one else agree that microsoft should get rid of the "always online" feature?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does any one else agree that microsoft should get rid of the "always online" feature?: Personally I shouldn't be forced to be online simply to play a game that has no online features. I'm more a solo rpg player. I've tried a few MMOS. I don't like the toxic communities brought about...
  7. how do i fix a account that is on an old friends xbox that refuses to get rid of it.

in XBoX Accessibility
    how do i fix a account that is on an old friends xbox that refuses to get rid of it.: HI my friend [Mod Removed - Personal Information] refuse to get rid of my account and is doing things i dont want to do. such as doing inappropriate thing and saying things. \...
  8. I need to get rid of parental control

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need to get rid of parental control: Please help. Ryley hohensinn Email: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** Xbox id: Please email me. eda3b9c5-823c-4747-b9aa-f1dda3118660
  9. Get rid of parent control

in XBoX on Consoles
    Get rid of parent control: Hey there, when I started my Xbox account back when I got my first XBONE, I turned on a parent lock and made an account for my mother even though she knows nothing about games. The lock restricted...
  10. I need to get rid of the parental control on my xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need to get rid of the parental control on my xbox 360: I have recently purchased an secondhand Xbox 360 new slim. The previous owners have not taken off the parental control. I don't know the code, nor the answer to their security question to change...