Gift a preorder to a friend on console

Discus and support Gift a preorder to a friend on console in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello I was looking forward to gift the preorder for Modern Warfare to a friend who plays on Xbox (i'm on pc). I already got some money in my... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by OsumBrofist, Oct 10, 2019.

1. OsumBrofist
    OsumBrofist Guest

Hello

I was looking forward to gift the preorder for Modern Warfare to a friend who plays on Xbox (i'm on pc).

I already got some money in my microsoft account yet i cannot buy the game as a gift. Every other game has no problem, this is the only one i noticed.

Do i have to wait until the release date to gift? or it's just ungiftable?

Thanks

:)

OsumBrofist, Oct 10, 2019
  2. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hey there Osum,

Thank you for letting us know about the issue and for marking the answer.
    We'll be locking the thread. If you ever require any help with any other Xbox issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.

Thank you and have a great day.
  3. Paul1708 Win User

Hello

I was looking forward to gift the preorder for Modern Warfare to a friend who plays on Xbox (i'm on pc).

I already got some money in my microsoft account yet i cannot buy the game as a gift. Every other game has no problem, this is the only one i noticed.

Do i have to wait until the release date to gift? or it's just ungiftable?

Thanks
    Hey there

Correct you cant gift preorders from the microsoftstore you would need to wait till the game releases before you can gift it to them. Or you can preorder the game from a 3rd party like Amazon and send it to them.

FAQ Xbox Gifting
  4. Smwutches Win User

I haven't received my gift card

The games had to be preordered from microsoftstore.com in order to receive the gift card. Digital orders from the console are not eligible.
  5. SpiffyCorpse Win User

Pre-order Gift Receiver

That sounds strange because even if gifted it shouldn't have that message. Do you share your console with anyone else, was the game definitely gifted to you? It sounds like it doesn't recognise that you own the game, not that it doesn't recognise that
    it's a preorder.
  6. Smwutches Win User

$10 gift code (preorder) missing

The $10 gift card is a promotion from microsoftstore.com. You would have needed to preorder from them in order to receive the gift card.
Thema:

1. Gift a preorder to a friend on console - Similar Threads - Gift preorder friend

2. I used a $50 gift code to preorder Scalebound and I want a refund!

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    I used a $50 gift code to preorder Scalebound and I want a refund!: As soon as I found out Scalebound was cancelled I contacted Microsoft to ask about a refund for the $50 code I used to preorder it and they kept wasting my time and giving me the run around for...
  3. Never received $10 Microsoft Store gift-card with BF1 preorder.

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Never received $10 Microsoft Store gift-card with BF1 preorder.: I preordered BF1 and was told that I would receive a $10 Microsoft Store gift card for doing so. It shows the gift card in my order summary but I have not received the giftcard yet and I was...
  4. Never received promotional gift card after preordering Battlefield

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Never received promotional gift card after preordering Battlefield: Preordered Battlefield 1 on October 19th, order number 10809746166. I never received an email with a code for the gift card. 85cd8e92-3449-48b4-935d-cb4d1dc03afc
  5. Didn't receive $10 gift card for Gears of War 4 Preorder via PayPal

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Didn't receive $10 gift card for Gears of War 4 Preorder via PayPal: I pre-ordered Gears of War 4 Ultimate Edition via PayPal. This was part of the promotion that should have sent me a code for $10 of store credit within 30 days. I have not received a code. I...
  6. Didn't receive $10 gift card for titanfall 2 preorder with PayPal.

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Didn't receive $10 gift card for titanfall 2 preorder with PayPal.: I never received my $10 Xbox store credit for preordering titanfall 2 with PayPal. I have talked to Xbox support and they told me to post here. The reference number for when I contacted support is...
  7. I never received my $10 gift card after preordering a game on the Xbox store.

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    I never received my $10 gift card after preordering a game on the Xbox store.: I pre ordered "The Eldee Scrolls V: Skyrim" on the Xbox store because in the description it stated that I would receive a $10 Microsoft gift card after receiving the game. I have downloaded and...
  8. Preordered Forza Horizon 3, Code for $10 e gift card is not long enough and doesn't work.

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Preordered Forza Horizon 3, Code for $10 e gift card is not long enough and doesn't work.: I preordered Forza Horizon 3 Ultimate Edition, and did so for the promotional $10 e gift card. However, when I received the "code" it is not the 25 required characters and does not work. I...
  9. Never received $10 Microsoft Store gift code for FIFA 17 preorder

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Never received $10 Microsoft Store gift code for FIFA 17 preorder: Hi Microsoft folks, I preordered FIFA 17, which came out on Sept. 27, through the EA Store, and part of that deal was that I would get a $10 Microsoft Store gift code emailed to me within 10 days...
  10. Never received $10 Microsoft Store gift-card with BF1 preorder.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Never received $10 Microsoft Store gift-card with BF1 preorder.: I preordered BF1 and was told that I would receive a $10 Microsoft Store gift card for doing so. It shows the gift card in my order summary but I have not received the giftcard yet and I was...