Gift Card redeemed but does not show on the console due to currency difference

Discus and support Gift Card redeemed but does not show on the console due to currency difference in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi I guess I am having a rather unique problem. Microsoft Support wasn't able to solve it earlier. I have redeemed a CAD $25 XBOX gift card to my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SatishNair77, Oct 22, 2019.

1. SatishNair77
    SatishNair77 Guest

Hi

I guess I am having a rather unique problem. Microsoft Support wasn't able to solve it earlier.

I have redeemed a CAD $25 XBOX gift card to my Microsoft account that I use on my xBox 360 console. But I am unable to use this money to purchase any content on my xBox360 console because the console does shows insufficient balance.

The currency on the console is Indian Rupees and shows the balance as "Rs.0".

When my check my account profile on the Microsoft website, it shows "Microsoft Account credit CAD $25 - redeemed code"

I am now living in Canada. I have updated the country settings on my Microsoft account and on the xBox console to Canada.

I will appreciate if someone can guide me on the resolution.

Thanks and Regards

Satish

:)

SatishNair77, Oct 22, 2019
  2. G v zauBerBerg Win User

3. SatishNair77 Win User

I have tried this. It gives me an error.
    [​IMG]
  4. SatishNair77 Win User

Thanks for the suggestions. I am trying the Account Migration now on a Firefox browser. But before that i called the XBOX Customer support to fix the issue. They will be migrating my account in the back-end. So i guess my account is now in a suspended state.
    See screen shot below.

I will update of further progress.

Btw, I did attempt the Account Migration link in Incognito mode. And that didn't work too.

[Mod Removed Image - contains Personal Information]
  5. XBF Amber M Win User

Hi SatishNair77,

Thanks for keeping us updated with your replies. As Xbox Support is now looking into the matter, they should be able to resolve the issue for you. Since this is the case, we'll be locking the thread at this time to prevent repetitive answers.

If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance. For those reading this thread and if the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't help resolve the issue, please feel
    free to create a new thread asking for assistance.

Thank you and have a great day.
  6. ArminatorX Win User

To migrate your account to Canada for the Xbox 360, you will have to use this: Account Migration
Thema:

1. Gift Card redeemed but does not show on the console due to currency difference - Similar Threads - Gift Card redeemed

2. Why am I unable to redeem my Xbox Live Gold gift card?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why am I unable to redeem my Xbox Live Gold gift card?: I've tried multiple times, got "Code not found". Contacted Sainsbury's (the shop I got the gift card from), told me to contact Microsoft. Did that, not got a reply. Can someone please help me?...
  3. Redeeming Xbox gift card

in XBoX on Consoles
    Redeeming Xbox gift card: I bought an Xbox Gift Card for $25. Got home and redeemed the card double checked the card number. But then it comes up as if I still don't have Xbox Live. Tried resetting the Xbox we can't work....
  4. Xbox gift card code won't redeem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox gift card code won't redeem: So it has been 2 days that i've tryed to redeem a gift card code for xbox (25Euros) but it won't it says to check if it's activated or it has already been used I was at carrefour a walmart she...
  5. Just bought a $15 gift card and it say its already redeemed when i put the code in

in XBoX Accessibility
    Just bought a $15 gift card and it say its already redeemed when i put the code in: How doi redeem my gift card that My mother just bought for me & my brother a piece and when we put the code off the receipt in the game system it says already redeemed but we just got it please...
  6. I can't redeem my Gift Card

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    I can't redeem my Gift Card: Xbox sent me a message, that said "Thank you for being an Xbox fan! Here is a MXN$150 Gift Card as a token of our appreciation:", I inserted my code in xbox.com/redeemcode and in my Xbox One,...
  7. Redeemed an Xbox Live Gold gift card but my membership doesnt seem to have been updated

in XBoX on Consoles
    Redeemed an Xbox Live Gold gift card but my membership doesnt seem to have been updated: So basically, my Xbox Live membership soon ends and I wanted to extend it, so I proceeded to gift a card to myself (12 months long). I even redeemed it on my Xbox but my actual membership still...
  8. Xbox Gift Card Redeem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Gift Card Redeem: I both one Xbox gift card and when I was redeeming it I got an error message indicating due to the fact that the gift card was not from my country it was not possible to redeem it. Afterwards I...
  9. Xbox gift card not redeeming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox gift card not redeeming: I bought 3 xbox gift cards at GameStop. 2 have been redeemed but 1 is still processing. It's been over 24 hours but my account balance still hasn't updated the correct amount. The order number is...
  10. Gift card redeemed, but amount is not added to my account

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Gift card redeemed, but amount is not added to my account: I just bought 2 €10 Gift cards and redeemed the codes through the Xbox app on my phone. After entering the codes i got the normal message that the amount was added to my account but when trying...