Gift Card redeemed on account (in-game) and cannot access funds

Discus and support Gift Card redeemed on account (in-game) and cannot access funds in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, My daughter redeemed a Gift Card while on her profile for some Minecraft texture packs, but her account is not the main XBL GOLD account. The... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by PurpleManT03, Jan 10, 2020.

1. PurpleManT03
    PurpleManT03 Guest

Hello,

My daughter redeemed a Gift Card while on her profile for some Minecraft texture packs, but her account is not the main XBL GOLD account. The main XBL GOLD account was also logged into the xbox one when she did this, however.

She went through the steps to purchase it from the in-game menu, selected pay with gift card, entered/redeemed the GC code, but closed the menu after that because she didn't know what to do (and didn't ask for help).

I went to try to figure it out for her but it now says she redeemed the GC already when selecting that pay option (and it shows as redeemed on her profile order history), but there doesn't appear to be any way for her to access the funds. The "Next" option
    is grayed out, so I have no idea what this mystery step was either.

I'm at a loss here. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

PurpleManT03, Jan 10, 2020
  2. Panther6074 Win User

Hello,

I’m truly sorry that this happened the best course of action would be to contact support at support.xbox.com and hopefully they can help you.
  3. ngocphi Win User

Prepaid Code - Different regions

When you purchase an Xbox gift card, make sure that the currency you use matches the currency associated with the recipient’s billing account. Otherwise, the recipient will be unable to redeem the gift card.

If you redeem an Xbox gift card in a country that doesn’t match the country associated with your billing account, you won’t be able to use those funds.

The funds in your Microsoft account can’t be transferred after you redeem your Xbox gift card.

You can’t use funds in your Microsoft account to purchase physical goods from online stores.
  4. gds1972 Win User

pre-paid xbox card - activation on the wrong account

5. XBF Crystal P Win User

Xbox gift card

Hi there Jane,

Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about the issue with redeeming the gift card on the wrong account.

What type of gift card was it? (Currency/Subscription)

Unfortunately, if the gift card is for Microsoft Currency you will not be able to transfer or refund. The funds will get attached to the account it was redeemed on.

Hope this helps.
  6. Smwutches Win User

microsoft card

The funds are tied to the account the card was redeemed on and cannot be transferred or used by a second account. You would have to add funds to the second account.
Thema:

1. Gift Card redeemed on account (in-game) and cannot access funds - Similar Threads - Gift Card redeemed

2. GIFT CARD NO REDIME[Gift card does not redeem]

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    GIFT CARD NO REDIME[Gift card does not redeem]: Buenas noches comunidad; Le compré una Gift Card en USA a mi hijo; cuando quiero redimirla en Colombia me lo impide por no ser comprada en este país, alguna sugerencia para poder redimirla? es de...
  3. Can't redeem Xbox Gift Cards i've purchased due to "region"

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't redeem Xbox Gift Cards i've purchased due to "region": I live and South Africa so obviously I bought gift cards in the currency of ZAR which is South African Rand. When trying to redeem it on my Microsoft account it just kept saying the regions aren't...
  4. transfer redeem gift card

in XBoX Games and Apps
    transfer redeem gift card: the gift card will be posted to my Microsoft account but I want to give it to someone else as a gift 22b9c539-6142-4a9c-a4cc-439aee72a224
  5. Xbox live gold gift card not working after being redeemed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox live gold gift card not working after being redeemed: Xbox live gold not working after being redeemed. This morning i redeemed and it said i was subscribed. Now it says im not subscribed and it says the card is redeemed. Please help....
  6. I bought a $30 game pass gift card for my brother and i cant even redeem it, even though...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought a $30 game pass gift card for my brother and i cant even redeem it, even though...: I also tried to refund my purchase but i cant even do that too for some odd reason, i would appreciate the help if anyone could help me with this problem. 796a9621-b772-430c-ad89-95d113901996
  7. i bought an xbox gift card and it will not redeem on my phone and add to my account

in XBoX on Mobile
    i bought an xbox gift card and it will not redeem on my phone and add to my account: why doesn't my x box card redeem on my account i just bought it today? 0b5fee8a-6a12-4e34-b4fc-6f3ca66292dd
  8. How can I redeem a visa gift card on Xbox one?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I redeem a visa gift card on Xbox one?: I tried to use a visa gift card on Xbox one but the visa gift card only has 16 numbers but you need 25 numbers for Xbox. 13927d33-af51-4308-b0d4-9b9088de0e0c
  9. Can a gift card code be redeemed against an account other than my own?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can a gift card code be redeemed against an account other than my own?: I have purchased an xBox gift card and have received the code with which to redeem it. Can I give the code to my grandson to redeem against his account? 0fdd33ec-17e0-4e38-a26b-8bbf9950f5e1
  10. Why am I unable to redeem my Xbox Live Gold gift card?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why am I unable to redeem my Xbox Live Gold gift card?: I've tried multiple times, got "Code not found". Contacted Sainsbury's (the shop I got the gift card from), told me to contact Microsoft. Did that, not got a reply. Can someone please help me?...