Gift Card Redemption

Discus and support Gift Card Redemption in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, community! I have been having trouble redeeming a $25 gift card that I got a few days ago. When I enter the code into the Microsoft redeem page,... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by CaydenCox, Feb 20, 2019.

1. CaydenCox
    CaydenCox Guest

Gift Card Redemption

Hello, community! I have been having trouble redeeming a $25 gift card that I got a few days ago. When I enter the code into the Microsoft redeem page, a message that says
    "Contact merchant to use code" is displayed. I initially was going to use this to buy V-bucks, but the same message is displayed within the game itself.

:)

CaydenCox, Feb 20, 2019
  2. CaydenCox Win User

Gift Card Redemption

How would they know to activate the code if it hadn't been scratched off yet?
  3. SoloMem0 Win User

Gift Card Redemption

Hi there,

You should be able to contact the merchant so that they can assist you with this issue.
  4. steeledwand7664 Win User

Gift Card Redemption

Its not a matter of the code being activated its a matter of the card itself when they ring it through there register there is something in the barcode that tells the system that it needs to activate that particular card.
  5. steeledwand7664 Win User

Gift Card Redemption

It sounds like the place that you purchased the code from did not activate the code you would need to talk to the retailer that you purchased the code from.
  6. steeledwand7664 Win User

Gift Card Redemption

Not saying this is what you did but so that people do not just go into a store and take the cards and go home and scratch them off and use them the cards are not activated till they are purchased and the store runs it through their system. Sometimes it
    can take up to 24 hours for their system to send the information to MS that the card is activated. If you go back to the store and they give you a hard time I would get on your phone and put the code into your account and show the person the message that comes
    up saying the card has not been activated yet.
Thema:

Gift Card Redemption

1. Gift Card Redemption - Similar Threads - Gift Card Redemption

2. Xbox Gift Cards Region

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Gift Cards Region: Hi, I have an Xbox account region set as UK and so is for Microsoft account. But recently I shifted physically to other region. Will I be able to use the gift cards of UK if I don't change the...
  3. xbox/ Gift card

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox/ Gift card: I Gifted my friend a Game With euros But hes from england and it says to contact the seller What do we do a34ce298-07e0-46f3-97cf-b47f6f8f7cb0
  4. TARJETA DE REGALO[Translation-gift card]

in XBoX on Consoles
    TARJETA DE REGALO[Translation-gift card]: Hola, compré una tarjeta regalo para descargar algo en fornite y mi hijo por error la canjeó en la pagina de microsoft y el dinero no sé dónde quedó. Ahora no se cómo acceder para que pueda...
  5. How to use gift card balance instead of credit card - family member purchase

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to use gift card balance instead of credit card - family member purchase: Hi all, I need help on using Xbox gift card for a child purchase. My teenager applied a new gift card to his family account. We could see the correct dollar balance there after he applied it. No...
  6. 25 character code redemption for gift card problems

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    25 character code redemption for gift card problems: where is the 25 character code to redeem xbox1 gift card located? purchased online with microsoft points, received email confirming purchase but no 25 character redemption code....
  7. Gift card redemption problem

in XBoX Rewards
    Gift card redemption problem: tried to redeem $10 gift card for $9.99 in fortnite vbucks and received error. Now card says redeemed and remaining balance shows $0.01. [img] 1d59c5d0-9a16-459a-a5be-4e81c2869b0e
  8. Pre-paid gift card redemption will not work

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Pre-paid gift card redemption will not work: I have purchased two $50 prepaid Xbox gift cards. Both tell me they are not yet active. I have tried to redeem on xbox directly as well as microsoft.com/redeem same error message on both....
  9. Gift Card Code Redemption Issues

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Gift Card Code Redemption Issues: I had purchased the Minecraft Pc edition last year in April 2015 through the Minecraft.net website through Mojang and I received a gift code for the Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta. When I...
  10. Problems with Xbox Live gift card redemption

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems with Xbox Live gift card redemption: I gave my kids a gift card for 12 months of Xbox Live for Christmas. They redeemed the code on our Xbox through my son's gamertag. Then we realized the subscription is only available to him and...