Gift cards redeemed to wrong gamertag

Discus and support Gift cards redeemed to wrong gamertag in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My son got $50 in gift cards for Christmas ( 15-15-15-5 ). He entered the first 2 cards himself (15 and 5 ) but then had trouble with the 3rd one. So,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by baconpopcorn, Dec 26, 2014.

1. baconpopcorn
    baconpopcorn Guest

My son got $50 in gift cards for Christmas ( 15-15-15-5 ). He entered the first 2 cards himself (15 and 5 ) but then had trouble with the 3rd one. So, I took the controller from him to help enter the remaining 2 cards. Unfortunately, the xbox (because of
    the kinect) automatically transferred over to my gamertag when I took the controller out of my son's hands. Well, neither of us noticed that this had happened (because the only indication that it had happened was apparently in the upper left hand corner, about
    the size of a quarter). I entered the 2 remaining gift cards. Now, $30 of the gift cards are under my gamertag, and $20 is under my son's gamertag. He wants to buy a game that is $55 but cannot make this purchase since $30 of his Christmas giftcards are unavailable
    to him. I called support to see about moving it over to my sons account but they say it is not possible. They essentially said that it was my fault because I didn't notice that it had switched gamertags (and this was from a supervisor no less). Maybe if the
    xbox had larger notifications this would not have been a problem. Maybe if it had asked for confirmation this would not have happened. Either way, my son should not lose $30 of his Christmas gift because of this. I asked to talk to someone higher up the chain
    and they said there are only 2 levels of support, the initial rep that you talk to and their supervisor. I call crap on that! There has got to be a way to rectify this situation! Does anybody have any recommendations on who to contact to get this taken care
    of?

Thanks

:)

baconpopcorn, Dec 26, 2014
  2. How do I buy a gamertag with a redeemed gift card?

How do I buy a gamertag with a redeemed gift card?

JugularStew3837, Dec 26, 2014
  3. bigman110270
    bigman110270 Guest
    redeemed gift card.

i have redeemed a gift card onto the wrong xbox 1 account, how can i move it please anyone

bigman110270, Dec 26, 2014
  4. maxen
    maxen Guest

The only people who would be able to help - if any - are the Support teams you have already spoken with. Ask to have it escalated and they might be able to help you out, but it is possible there's nothing they can do in a case like this.

maxen, Dec 27, 2014
  5. maxen Win User

The only people who would be able to help - if any - are the Support teams you have already spoken with. Ask to have it escalated and they might be able to help you out, but it is possible there's nothing they can do in a case like this.
  6. XBF Crystal P Win User

Xbox gift card

Hi there Jane,

Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about the issue with redeeming the gift card on the wrong account.

What type of gift card was it? (Currency/Subscription)

Unfortunately, if the gift card is for Microsoft Currency you will not be able to transfer or refund. The funds will get attached to the account it was redeemed on.

Hope this helps.
  7. Smwutches Win User

Xbox reward 14 digit code

The instructions that were sent were wrong. The website to redeem them on is correct and you would choose to have them either email the Visa gift card or mail you a card. Since you ordered a Visa gift card from the vault, you would get a Vida gift card,
    not an Xbox gift card.
  8. NelsonSantiago1 Win User

Redeeming Xbox gift card

Yes it was a gift card. So I put it or I redeemed the card. And then try to get Xbox Live. Am I doing something wrong?
  9. RaeRae4 Win User

Fortnite - 2,500 (+300 Bonus) V-Bucks.

I redeemed my xbox gift card under wrong account. How can i get it to a different one?
Thema:

1. Gift cards redeemed to wrong gamertag - Similar Threads - Gift cards redeemed

2. gift card, that was bought through amazon says already redeemed

in XBoX Accessibility
    gift card, that was bought through amazon says already redeemed: a relative of mine bought be a gift card through amazon, through the email it said the code, I put the cde in on the xobox and it said code already reedemed, also in the email it said “redeem code...
  3. Redeem your code or gift card it'll be added to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Redeem your code or gift card it'll be added to...: I was adding credit to my account via gift card when I noticed a message saying that the credit will be added to an old email address that I lost the password to. Currently I use a different email...
  4. i cant redeem a gift card

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i cant redeem a gift card: My brother recently gave me his old Xbox one with about 2 months lest of live on it so when that ran out I went to enter the code he gave me for another six months but it didn't work so I just...
  5. Can I redeem a xbox game pass ultimate gift card after my last subscription expired?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Can I redeem a xbox game pass ultimate gift card after my last subscription expired?: Hi everyone, I've heard that game pass ultimate gift cards only work for new members with none subscription. So my ultimate expired just a few days ago and i was wondering is if those gift cards...
  6. Gift card already redeemed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gift card already redeemed: Bought a gift card and its saying already redeemed. How can i get my money back????? 8ae73a09-5b58-4df8-b7fe-72b01c50ef0e
  7. Redeeming a gift card

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Redeeming a gift card: Hello all. Please help. It seems like we have 2 microsoft accounts. So when my son redeemed his fortnite gift card, he didnt see the vbucks in the game. I guess he redeemed it on the wrong...
  8. Redeeming a gift card then purchasing minecoins.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Redeeming a gift card then purchasing minecoins.: We are new to XBOX, got it for Christmas, along with a few gift cards. The kids got a $15 card- I followed the instructions on the back to redeem it. Ok, so i think it logged the credit into his...
  9. Gift Card redeemed on account (in-game) and cannot access funds

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gift Card redeemed on account (in-game) and cannot access funds: Hello, My daughter redeemed a Gift Card while on her profile for some Minecraft texture packs, but her account is not the main XBL GOLD account. The main XBL GOLD account was also logged into the...
  10. GIFT CARD NO REDIME[Gift card does not redeem]

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    GIFT CARD NO REDIME[Gift card does not redeem]: Buenas noches comunidad; Le compré una Gift Card en USA a mi hijo; cuando quiero redimirla en Colombia me lo impide por no ser comprada en este país, alguna sugerencia para poder redimirla? es de...