Gift for Friend via XBox Did Not Work - Refund Refused

Discus and support Gift for Friend via XBox Did Not Work - Refund Refused in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; Hi I am hoping somebody can help me understand a response I had from XBox Support a couple of days ago. Using my XBox I accessed the Games Store and... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by Myrm, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Myrm
    Myrm Guest

Hi

I am hoping somebody can help me understand a response I had from XBox Support a couple of days ago.

Using my XBox I accessed the Games Store and purchased the season pass of Elite Dangerous for a friend. Both of us are in the UK, and both of our consoles are affiliated with the UK store.

On my part the purchase went through smoothly ,and my friend received the notification that I had gifted him the item. However, when he tried to redeem it an error popped up telling him the gift was not eligible for his region. Again, we are both in the
    UK and both our XBoxes are affiliated to the UK store.

I read the email I had received when I made the purchase and it showed a key/code for the purchase, so I sent that to him. Same error.

So I contact XBox Support via “live chat”. The support guy was vary helpful and despite his confirming that both consoles are UK based and the code for the purchase was authentic, he was unable to fix the problem. He suggested I requested a refund. He
    gave me a support reference number. I was happy with this outcome. In the meantime I went onto Amazon UK and purchased a download code for £10, which I then gave to my friend and he was able to purchase the season pass. I then emailed XBox Support and requested
    a refund, providing the support reference number.

A few days later, yesterday in fact, I received an email from XBox Support telling me that my refund request had been rejected as it did not meet the “Terms and Conditions”. No further explanation was provided to explain their reasoning. They closed the
    case. I opened it up again and asked them why I was not able to get a refund for an item that did not work. The case was again closed with no further response from XBox/MS.

Can somebody here explain to me why this was not eligible for a refund? Are MS in the wrong here or can they legally refuse to refund me for a product that did not work as advertised?

Many thanks for any help proffered.

:)

2. Atherza Win User

They should give you a refund, try to contact them again soon.
  3. Myrm Win User

Hi, and thank you for your quick response.

Unfortunately I did reply to the email from support directly, and they immediately closed it again without a response. Should I try again?
  4. XBF Amber M Win User

Hi Myrm,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the forums for this issue. Sorry to hear that your refund request didn't go through initially. Here on the forums we don't have the tools available to assist with refunds; however, you do have the option to respond directly
    to the confirmation email you received to dispute the denial.

Note Due to high support activity,
    refund response times can be more than 72 hours. Thanks for your patience.

I hope that this helps out!
  5. The Viral Cyrix Win User

You need to speak to support/billing. Unfortunatly no one here would be able to pursue this issue any further
  6. FreeAndSay Win User

Hi there,

Try to ask for a refund again, if they rejected the case, then I suggest to contact the official Xbox support about this by using this link: support.xbox.com/contact-us

Thank you!
Thema:

1. Gift for Friend via XBox Did Not Work - Refund Refused - Similar Threads - Gift Friend via

2. Gifted friend

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gifted friend: Hi, was wondering if anyone could help me and my friend out. So i gifted him the new avengers game but once he goes into his messages from xbox and tries to redeem the code it says “something went...
  3. I have bought Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® - Battle Pass Edition for a friend as a gift...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    I have bought Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® - Battle Pass Edition for a friend as a gift...: Hello, I have bought Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® - Battle Pass Edition for a friend as a gift and it's not the complete game, it's a DLC pack. My friend has activated the redeem code and he...
  4. I bought a gift for a friend in another country and they cannot play it and I cannot refund it

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought a gift for a friend in another country and they cannot play it and I cannot refund it: This is extremely important, I purchased an expensive game, (Forza Horizon 4 and the Fortune Island DLC) and I have come to learn that they cannot play the game at all because of a problem with...
  5. Bought DLC and gifted it to friends for it to only work on Xbox anyway to convert it to PC...

in XBoX on Windows
    Bought DLC and gifted it to friends for it to only work on Xbox anyway to convert it to PC...: Hello, I bought the World War Z season pass and gifted it to my friends thinking they would be able to play it. They play the game on their PC using their game pass. I was wondering is there...
  6. Is there a Way to Make it so That Your Friend can no longer send you Xbox Live Gifts?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there a Way to Make it so That Your Friend can no longer send you Xbox Live Gifts?: I know it's a weird question, but hear me out. I have a friend that's a very caring and giving person. It is one of his best, and at times worst qualities. I know he can afford it, but at the...
  7. Cant gift games to my friends says were having trouble processing your payment but I can...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant gift games to my friends says were having trouble processing your payment but I can...: I can buy a game for myself but I a cant gift the same game for my friends it keeps saying trouble processing your payment 3e3e7cd8-d91c-4dc3-b95c-15035bc91950
  8. can I refund a gifted game from my friend?

in XBoX on Consoles
    can I refund a gifted game from my friend?: One of my friends sent me a game that I don't like... If I refund it the money will transfer to my xbox account or his? d432b859-8219-4852-b473-3671b77a5a79
  9. My friend isn't receiving my Xbox Live gifts,

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My friend isn't receiving my Xbox Live gifts,: I have bought the time crystals which is a micro-transaction for MK11, I have bought it several times and he says that when he goes to claim it the system says he already owns it, I have bought it...
  10. I sent my friend a gift card via email for his birthday and he did not receive it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I sent my friend a gift card via email for his birthday and he did not receive it: Is there some way I can get this reprocessed or whatever needs to happen? I was charged $25 cdeaf5f7-6f53-437f-8710-ad0ff2c05fd7