Gift for Friend via XBox Did Not Work - Refund Refused

Discus and support Gift for Friend via XBox Did Not Work - Refund Refused in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; Hi I am hoping somebody can help me understand a response I had from XBox Support a couple of days ago. Using my XBox I accessed the Games Store and... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by Myrm, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Myrm
    Myrm Guest

Hi

I am hoping somebody can help me understand a response I had from XBox Support a couple of days ago.

Using my XBox I accessed the Games Store and purchased the season pass of Elite Dangerous for a friend. Both of us are in the UK, and both of our consoles are affiliated with the UK store.

On my part the purchase went through smoothly ,and my friend received the notification that I had gifted him the item. However, when he tried to redeem it an error popped up telling him the gift was not eligible for his region. Again, we are both in the
    UK and both our XBoxes are affiliated to the UK store.

I read the email I had received when I made the purchase and it showed a key/code for the purchase, so I sent that to him. Same error.

So I contact XBox Support via “live chat”. The support guy was vary helpful and despite his confirming that both consoles are UK based and the code for the purchase was authentic, he was unable to fix the problem. He suggested I requested a refund. He
    gave me a support reference number. I was happy with this outcome. In the meantime I went onto Amazon UK and purchased a download code for £10, which I then gave to my friend and he was able to purchase the season pass. I then emailed XBox Support and requested
    a refund, providing the support reference number.

A few days later, yesterday in fact, I received an email from XBox Support telling me that my refund request had been rejected as it did not meet the “Terms and Conditions”. No further explanation was provided to explain their reasoning. They closed the
    case. I opened it up again and asked them why I was not able to get a refund for an item that did not work. The case was again closed with no further response from XBox/MS.

Can somebody here explain to me why this was not eligible for a refund? Are MS in the wrong here or can they legally refuse to refund me for a product that did not work as advertised?

Many thanks for any help proffered.

:)

2. Atherza Win User

They should give you a refund, try to contact them again soon.
  3. Myrm Win User

Hi, and thank you for your quick response.

Unfortunately I did reply to the email from support directly, and they immediately closed it again without a response. Should I try again?
  4. XBF Amber M Win User

Hi Myrm,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the forums for this issue. Sorry to hear that your refund request didn't go through initially. Here on the forums we don't have the tools available to assist with refunds; however, you do have the option to respond directly
    to the confirmation email you received to dispute the denial.

Note Due to high support activity,
    refund response times can be more than 72 hours. Thanks for your patience.

I hope that this helps out!
  5. The Viral Cyrix Win User

You need to speak to support/billing. Unfortunatly no one here would be able to pursue this issue any further
  6. FreeAndSay Win User

Hi there,

Try to ask for a refund again, if they rejected the case, then I suggest to contact the official Xbox support about this by using this link: support.xbox.com/contact-us

Thank you!
Thema:

1. Gift for Friend via XBox Did Not Work - Refund Refused - Similar Threads - Gift Friend via

2. Gifting a friend

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gifting a friend: how do i gift a friend xbox gold who lives in the same state but further away who has an xbox of his own 01303051-1ee5-493d-bfc9-f5ac3cd15aa0
  3. Gift a microsoft reward to a friend

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Gift a microsoft reward to a friend: I got a free reward from Microsoft rewards for a free month of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and don't want it since i have virtually all the games on there that i would want so im wanting to gift it to...
  4. Gift a preorder to a friend on console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gift a preorder to a friend on console: Hello I was looking forward to gift the preorder for Modern Warfare to a friend who plays on Xbox (i'm on pc). I already got some money in my microsoft account yet i cannot buy the game as a...
  5. friend gift

in XBoX Games and Apps
    friend gift: my friend bought FIFA 20 for me as a gift where can i find it in my consul .. 34ccaf14-63ce-418f-8d95-7c5631b1ff28
  6. Friend bought me a gift

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Friend bought me a gift: hi a friend from the u.s bought menthe season pass for ark when i redeem the code it says to contact the seller to get a code for my region asbitnwasnt bought in my region contacted xbox and they...
  7. Why am I still not allowed to gift games or avatar items to international friends?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why am I still not allowed to gift games or avatar items to international friends?: So there is a huge problem once again. I tried to gift my German friend an avatar item, but she told me it doesn't work because it doesn't work for her region. Now I think anything I gift can...
  8. Friend can't accept the gift i sent him... I got charged. - Refund?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Friend can't accept the gift i sent him... I got charged. - Refund?: Hi, I bought a Grand Theft Auto V add-on as a gift for my friend without realising he already owned it. He can't accept it since it tells him he already owns it. I was charged and can't get a...
  9. My friend from UK tried sending me a gift game but it failed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My friend from UK tried sending me a gift game but it failed: Im from Romania and i got told that the code is bought from a different region (United Kingdom) and it cannot be redeemed does brexit has something to do with this? Im getting told to contact the...
  10. I sent my friend a gift card via email for his birthday and he did not receive it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I sent my friend a gift card via email for his birthday and he did not receive it: Is there some way I can get this reprocessed or whatever needs to happen? I was charged $25 cdeaf5f7-6f53-437f-8710-ad0ff2c05fd7